Author Topic: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?  (Read 19986 times)

Re: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable?
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2018, 06:07:12 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
No, Rozier does not make one of the best shot creators in the NBA expendable. And we aren't trading Kyrie. Rozier has been great, hes still not a good finished or really even a good point guard, hes a 3 and d guard. Let not get crazy here.

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 06:12:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I believe the question is, does he make Smart expendable?
Right now I could see him being a great 6th man. Irving, Brown and he could be an outstanding 3 guard rotation.
That being said, he's not even close to in the league with Irving. Irving is a top 10 player and maybe the best point guard in the league. Terry is a fine young player, but Let's not get crazy.

The OP isn’t saying that Rozier equals Kyrie.

He’s asking if Rozier + whoever we trade Kyrie for is better than Kyrie + Rozier.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 06:17:23 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I believe the question is, does he make Smart expendable?
Right now I could see him being a great 6th man. Irving, Brown and he could be an outstanding 3 guard rotation.
That being said, he's not even close to in the league with Irving. Irving is a top 10 player and maybe the best point guard in the league. Terry is a fine young player, but Let's not get crazy.

The OP isn’t saying that Rozier equals Kyrie.

He’s asking if Rozier + whoever we trade Kyrie for is better than Kyrie + Rozier.

It all depends on whether the Celtics can get fair market value for Kyrie. If they're getting someone like Kawhi or another available top 10ish player, then yeah you can trade Kyrie. Otherwise, no, they shouldn't.

I don't think Rozier will be with the Celtics for too long. He knows he's good enough to start.

Re: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:03 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Irving is a Top 5 Player in this League knee or no knee
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:41:21 PM by Roy H. »

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 08:03:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Hmmm can I get back to you on that..........actually you know what I don't need to think bout this......the answer is No.

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 08:40:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

By any objective standard, this isn't true. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2018, 08:50:26 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I agree with Roy aside from Hayward being 6th man. I think we’re all forgetting how good he is. He’s top 20. Tatum and brown are not there yet. One of them comes off the bench.

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2018, 08:53:22 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

No he isn't. Top-15, yes. And I love Irving, but being realistic here.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I agree with Roy aside from Hayward being 6th man. I think we’re all forgetting how good he is. He’s top 20. Tatum and brown are not there yet. One of them comes off the bench.

Well, it's the old school philosophy that you don't always start your best five players.  I did compare him to Hondo, after all.  It would be unconventional, but the Celtics did it for large chunks of Havlicek's and McHale's careers, and Manu is the prototype for the modern era.  That team would basically be unbeatable.

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2018, 09:12:19 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Well, it's the old school philosophy that you don't always start your best five players.  I did compare him to Hondo, after all.  It would be unconventional, but the Celtics did it for large chunks of Havlicek's and McHale's careers, and Manu is the prototype for the modern era.  That team would basically be unbeatable.

I like that.

Keep a "secret weapon" and all-star to be one of the first guys off the bench to keep the rhythm and beat going!  8)

And our Starting 5 would still be extremely good anyways.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2018, 09:22:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

How is that?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2018, 09:29:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Like always, it depends what the return is.

Would we be better with a starting lineup including Davis in place of Kyrie? Probably. Kawhi in place of Kyrie? Probably.

There’s 0% chance the Pels do that trade, though. The Spurs might.

Spurs would take Rozier and Brown in a blink of an eye
I'd hang up the phone faster than the blink of an eye if the Spurs called with that offer

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2018, 09:31:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
And yes Rozier makes Kyrie far more expendable than he was. Plus you have to remember that once he gets healthy we'll also have the mighty Marcus Smart too. That's a pretty good PG combo.

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2018, 09:55:36 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
And yes Rozier makes Kyrie far more expendable than he was. Plus you have to remember that once he gets healthy we'll also have the mighty Marcus Smart too. That's a pretty good PG combo.

Yeah, I would feel totally comfortable moving forward with a Rozier/Smart combo (heck, keep Larkin if you want to for depth). Maybe Bird even makes a partial Rozier-style jump.

And, of course you make either deal if you're Ainge. Kyrie for AD isn't happening, but Kyrie for DPOY superstar Kawhi would be pretty amazing. SAS can have multiple non-SAC picks, too.

I don't know if Rozier will continue this run, but I always thought that if he could just gain a little more body control then he could be dangerous. His ability to rebound, not turn the ball over, hit the 3 and get to the rim, as well as defend with an AB like tenacity make him too good to let go for nothing.

I thought Terry might make Brown expendable (and I LOVE Brown), but I hardly want to give him up. One thing's for sure - everything's coming up Milhouse in the Ainge asset department right now!

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2018, 10:55:41 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Two different type players. Both bring something to the table. Rozier is becoming a complete player. Make Kyrie tradable? Hmmm...What is the time frame?