Author Topic: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?  (Read 19978 times)

Re: Does Rozier make Kyrie expendable / tradeable?
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2018, 06:24:52 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2018, 06:28:25 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Rozier breaking out like this kind of reminds of Reggie Jackson's time in OKC when Westbrook was out injured. Jackson ended up refusing a bench role and demanded to be traded. Wondering if Rozier would accept a role as a 7th man off the bench after all of this.

he won't and probably shouldn't
nor would we pay him what he can earn to be the 7th man

« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2018, 06:38:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rozier breaking out like this kind of reminds of Reggie Jackson's time in OKC when Westbrook was out injured. Jackson ended up refusing a bench role and demanded to be traded. Wondering if Rozier would accept a role as a 7th man off the bench after all of this.

doubt it...why would he or his do that?

I can only see this happening , if Rozier wants to win championships and feels like he owes Danny one

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2018, 06:47:48 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Another slow day in the "basement?" To anyone who gives this thread merit!

My Goodness, enjoy the Playoffs, enjoy an up and coming Championship Team. Enough with the B.S stupidity of this player and that player. Enjoy the Team effort..

« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2018, 07:30:56 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Come on, guys.  Rozier's literal best game ever is only a smidge better than par for Kyrie. 

Kyrie averaged 24/5/4 while throwing in a steal per game and coming pretty close to the 50/40/90 club.  Have we already forgotten how good this guy is?  I love what Rozier is doing for us right now, but let's be reasonable. 

My hope is that Rozier can channel this hot streak into a legit 6th man of the year argument next year and then go get himself paid.  But he's not making Kyrie expendable.

when would you change your mind?

What if the help with Rozier the Celts it to the ECF? or Finals? Or win it all

at what point would you change your mind...curious
For me, at no point.  This thread makes little sense.  First, people have it backwards.  The question is, how much can we get for Rozier now that he is showing flashes?  No way we trade Kyrie, especially because Rozier is had some good games.

Second, we'd all be happy to trade a very good asset (e.g., Kyrie) for a great asset (e.g., Kawhi).  But how to we get to lucky?  How come we get more than we give?

you are not answering the question

are you saying if the Celts win the championship with Rozier as one of the key players

the question should still be, how much more we can milk out of somebody (via trade).  Still got to keep Kyrie?

I don't think its as simple as this
I did answer the question.  At NO point would I change my mind about trading Kyrie.  I would NOT do it. 

As far as hypotheticals (i.e., the Celts winning it all this year), I can't really entertain it because my basic assumption is that Rozier isn't THAT good. 

« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2018, 07:44:57 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Or, on the other hand....is Roziers performance mainly due to Brad stevens being able to somehow turn any point guard into a star in his system and he wont play at this level again/with another team?

and if Kyrie with a bum knee can average 25ppg, what can he do when he is fully healthy in brads system with a healthy Hayward/tatum/brown?

« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2018, 08:04:19 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Come on, guys.  Rozier's literal best game ever is only a smidge better than par for Kyrie. 

Kyrie averaged 24/5/4 while throwing in a steal per game and coming pretty close to the 50/40/90 club.  Have we already forgotten how good this guy is?  I love what Rozier is doing for us right now, but let's be reasonable. 

My hope is that Rozier can channel this hot streak into a legit 6th man of the year argument next year and then go get himself paid.  But he's not making Kyrie expendable.

I don't see it as a realistic possibility.  Right now, his sample isn't long enough or, frankly, good enough to entertain the thought.

« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2018, 08:08:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

For me, at no point.  This thread makes little sense.  First, people have it backwards.  The question is, how much can we get for Rozier now that he is showing flashes?  No way we trade Kyrie, especially because Rozier is had some good games.

Second, we'd all be happy to trade a very good asset (e.g., Kyrie) for a great asset (e.g., Kawhi).  But how to we get to lucky?  How come we get more than we give?

you are not answering the question

are you saying if the Celts win the championship with Rozier as one of the key players

the question should still be, how much more we can milk out of somebody (via trade).  Still got to keep Kyrie?

I don't think its as simple as this
I did answer the question.  At NO point would I change my mind about trading Kyrie.  I would NOT do it. 

As far as hypotheticals (i.e., the Celts winning it all this year), I can't really entertain it because my basic assumption is that Rozier isn't THAT good.
Lol, TP.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2018, 09:54:52 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Just thought I would bump a recent Terry Rozier thread to proffer that Terry could well be the third best player in the 2015 draft. I'm not sold on Devin Booker.

Just my thought. And by the way, Danny Ainge take YET ANOTHER bow. I still remember having done ZERO scouting on him, and I usually take a good look at the top 30 guys.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2018, 10:34:28 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd love to go back and see all those people screaming at Danny for not trading Rozier for Ibaka. 

There was a loud, vocal group convinced that Danny had screwed up that.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2018, 10:36:39 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
No. His recent play let's us trade him to fill a need down low or collect more high draft picks. Sell on a high. It benefits us and him as he gets to go be the starter somewhere else. As impressive as the playoffs have been for him he's not in the same league as Kyrie. (of course I want to be sure about Kyrie's health) Then sign Smart to come off the bench and your guard rotation is set. In a perfect world I'd love to keep them all though.

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2018, 10:39:05 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/measurement-and-athleticism-analysis-2015

I posted this on a different forum a few years ago. The combination of Rozier's wingspan, quickness, and vertical predicted he would be successful as a point guard or off guard.

This was before the draft and I didn't necessarily want the Cs to take him, but when they did, I got excited about his long-term potential.

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2018, 10:39:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd love to go back and see all those people screaming at Danny for not trading Rozier for Ibaka. 

There was a loud, vocal group convinced that Danny had screwed up that.
Ibaka becoming useless in the post season the last two years has made me very very glad we didn't make that move.