Author Topic: Cavs fans hate their team, what was last Celtics team you didn't like?  (Read 3818 times)

Re: Cavs fans hate their team, what was last Celtics team you hated?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2018, 08:51:16 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Hate is a very strong word, but I remember feeling a lot of resentment toward the 2010 team during that regular season for underperforming egregiously.  They won me over again by turning it on in the playoffs, though.

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. The playoffs, and in particularly the never-bothered-to-get-in-shape Rasheed Wallace, where after dogging it all season with the promise it would be there when it mattered, Fat Sheed didn't have the conditioning of all things to step up to the level needed in game 7. Sheed cost us #18 in 2010, and I'll never be convinced otherwise. Just as KG's knee cost us in '09, and Shaq's ankle cost us in '12.  But the team I didn't like was when they stopped holding each other accountable, which was with Sheed.

I'm bitter.

Just missed the Wicks year. Good thing.

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
any Patino era garbage ....90's were ruff.

I was jumping up and down when Pierce landed on Celtics .  I was watching his college ball.   He was sooooo natural and confident .   

I hate all Cavs teams from the beginning of time .
You hated the cavs of brad Dougherty , mark price, Larry nance etc? 

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Never hated a Celtic team since becoming a fan in '74. But there were some that was hard as hell to watch. Tops is probably that 78-79 team after the trade in the offseason with the Braves, changing owners, getting Marvin Barnes, seeing selfish jerks like Barnes, McAdoo and Rowe play for the team and, of course, losing Hondo. Tough year.

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I never hated a Celtics team and the only Celtic I ever hated was Mark Blount after he signed that big contract.

This signing is still a mystery to me. We all knew he wasn't that good, and somehow Danny was impressed by his 10 points and 7 rebounds for a 7fter. Funny that an overpay in 2004 was $7m per year.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I never hated a Celtics team and the only Celtic I ever hated was Mark Blount after he signed that big contract.

This signing is still a mystery to me. We all knew he wasn't that good, and somehow Danny was impressed by his 10 points and 7 rebounds for a 7fter. Funny that an overpay in 2004 was $7m per year.
I thought the LaFrentz trade was even worse than the Blount deal.

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

It was a textbook contract run. Blount steadily played better over the course of the season in '04 but after the all-star break, he was beasting, averaging 14/10 over the last two months of the season. Danny should have seen it coming, but Blount looked good.

GMs in all sports have fallen for that time and time again. Luckily this was the only time Ainge did, and that was during his first year as GM.

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I thought the LaFrentz trade was even worse than the Blount deal.

OMG, don't get me started on LaFrentz. I absolutely hated Ainge after that trade. I finally did get over the fact that maybe he felt he needed to trade Antoine, but could never make sense of what he was actually thinking. Cap space would have been much preferred to LaFrentz.

That '03-04 team is up there my least favorite. Not only did my favorite player get traded, but we also had some gems on the team like Gin Baker, Mark Blount, and of course Raef (I actually kind-of liked Ricky Davis, but can see how his presence may push the enmity toward this squad).

I understand that the 90s were a little rough, but I was a pre-teen/teenager during those years and was just a huge Cs fan regardless of who was on the team. Dominique joining the Cs was like a dream come true!

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I agree about Raef - he was my least favorite Celtic ever. Worst rotation player I can remember on a Celtic roster, and what made it even worse is that there were high expectations for him based on what we gave up. Blount wasn't worth what we paid him, but he was still a much better player than Raef and at least played a role for this team. Always mystified me that the fans and media didn't criticize Raef more.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I agree about Raef - he was my least favorite Celtic ever. Worst rotation player I can remember on a Celtic roster, and what made it even worse is that there were high expectations for him based on what we gave up. Blount wasn't worth what we paid him, but he was still a much better player than Raef and at least played a role for this team. Always mystified me that the fans and media didn't criticize Raef more.
Everyone is trying to forget about him ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I can hate certain players and personnel, but I would never hate the team as whole. Even the sucky era of Pitino years, pre-KG Doc era and Brad's first year have some Celtic pride in them.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
I had some resentment for the KG/Pierce teams for their regular season effort from 2010 onward. And, as a poster noted above, it started with Rasheed "Cut The Check" Wallace, who by the end of his career was the laziest player I've ever seen.

After his arrival the C's would regularly embarrass themselves against horrible teams, especially at home.

I get conserving energy for the playoffs... but man, i felt like they developed some bad chemistry and habits cause they dogged it so often.

Doc should have rested the stars and played the bench more. No effort, no PT. He let it slide way too far. We would have ended up with the same record anyways.

I didn't like Pitino, and I absolutely despise him now. Vin Baker and Raef LaFrentz are also on my #### list.

For the vast majority of the time though I've loved these Celtics teams.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I didn't like Pitino, and I absolutely despise him now

I hated the Slick Rick Era, but never the team if that makes sense.  I did not care for Sullinger but rooted for him and the teams during games.