Author Topic: Cavs fans hate their team, what was last Celtics team you didn't like?  (Read 3864 times)

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I was reading this pretty lengthy thread about why the Cavs fans really can't stand their current team: http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/most-of-us-do-not-like-this-team-why.48864/page-8

It is definitely a good read but it also got me thinking about the last time i disliked a Celtics team.
I am thinking for me personally I felt pretty negative about the 2004-2005 Celtics team. We had a real strange team with Gary Payton, Paul Pierce, Rickey Davis, Mark Blount, Lafrentz etc. They were kind of hard to root for and the sum equaled less than the parts. I remember just feeling annoyed by their playoff games. What about you guys?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:23:11 PM by celticsclay »

Re: Cavs fans hate their team, what was last Celtics team you hated?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 06:12:54 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I had a certain degree of indifference to the Celtics team that had Michael Olowokandi.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 06:14:22 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I didn't love the Rick Pitino years.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 06:15:13 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I've never hated any Celtics team.  But the M.L. Carr tank job team was hard to watch. 

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Didn't like the Rondo lead 2013-14 team

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 06:16:11 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Sorry about the green colored goggles, but I've never hated a Celtics team. I've disliked individual players, however.

The loathsome Curtis Rowe and Mark Blount come to mind immediately.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 06:22:26 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I feel like if you ever actually HATE your favorite team, then you're not really a fan of that team. You can hate certain parts, or want someone specific gone (coach, gm, player) but to have the feeling of hatred toward your so-called favorite team seems wrong. And not just saying it in a moment of rage, like if you lose or make a bad trade/pick. Actually believing it.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 06:48:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hate is a very strong word, but I remember feeling a lot of resentment toward the 2010 team during that regular season for underperforming egregiously.  They won me over again by turning it on in the playoffs, though.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 06:54:26 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I go back to the Russell years so I've never hated any team. The Wicks and Rowe 78-79 team left a lot to be desired, but they were soon gone. Pretty funny Bill Fitch anecdote from

http://lexnihilnovi.blogspot.com/2012/11/wicks-and-rowe-they-were-quite-good-in.html

During the infamous 1978-79 season when just about everything fell apart for Battleship Shamrock, Rowe tried to console teammates during one losing streak by telling them that "there ain't no W's or L's on our paychecks." His career in New England appropriately came to an end during training camp the following season, when first year head coach Bill Fitch, who couldn't bear to watch #41 loaf down the court one more minute of practice, instructed Rowe to "keep on running" into the locker room, out to his car, and back to his apartment where he was advised he could start looking for a new employer because he'd been cut. Wicks wasn't quite that bad, but, for whatever reason, is remembered as Rowe's soul mate when it came to lack of output.

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 07:00:08 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston
Wicks and Rowe is the only exceptable answer here
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 07:05:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I go back to the Russell years so I've never hated any team. The Wicks and Rowe 78-79 team left a lot to be desired, but they were soon gone. Pretty funny Bill Fitch anecdote from

http://lexnihilnovi.blogspot.com/2012/11/wicks-and-rowe-they-were-quite-good-in.html

During the infamous 1978-79 season when just about everything fell apart for Battleship Shamrock, Rowe tried to console teammates during one losing streak by telling them that "there ain't no W's or L's on our paychecks." His career in New England appropriately came to an end during training camp the following season, when first year head coach Bill Fitch, who couldn't bear to watch #41 loaf down the court one more minute of practice, instructed Rowe to "keep on running" into the locker room, out to his car, and back to his apartment where he was advised he could start looking for a new employer because he'd been cut. Wicks wasn't quite that bad, but, for whatever reason, is remembered as Rowe's soul mate when it came to lack of output.
That's hilarious
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 07:18:47 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Hate is a very strong word, but I remember feeling a lot of resentment toward the 2010 team during that regular season for underperforming egregiously.  They won me over again by turning it on in the playoffs, though.

One of my all time favorites, that squad.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 07:19:00 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
The 2010 Celtics before their playoff run.

That team stopped trying mid-season, and it really p---ed me off. I still remember one game in particular where I had enough. They were playing the Grizzlies, who were pretty meh that year, in Boston. The Celtics were dominated from the beginning by the likes of Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, Marcus Williams, and Sam Young. Not only that, but it was the most egregious lack of effort I had ever seen as a Celtics fan. I can take being blown out, but I can't take that my team doesn't even care to fight back.

Throughout the entire game, I threw every bad word/phrase at the TV that came to my head at the Celtics. I can't remember the last time I told something to go F itself more than I did at the Celtics that night. For the first and only time ever as a fan, I gave up on them.

Sure they got their mojo back when they needed it, but man that team infuriated me.

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 07:19:29 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Beat me to the punch. TP.

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 07:21:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
That thread was a really fun read
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)