Author Topic: Bucks (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Game 2 4/17/18  (Read 57809 times)

Re: Bucks (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Game 2 4/17/18
« Reply #810 on: April 18, 2018, 01:01:29 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Imagine if we had Kyrie, Hayward, Smart, and Theis. This would have been too easy!

This experience for the young guys will be critical for next year's run

With Kyrie, Hayward, Smart and Theis with the current production of Rozier, Tatum, Morris, Brown, Monroe and the occasional hero Shane Larkin...

Game 1 we would've won by 26 points
Game 2 we would've won by 31 points

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #811 on: April 18, 2018, 01:12:54 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
So Middleton is hurting us.  He's shooting nearly 70% on the series and is 9-13 on threes.  Opinion:  we shouldn't overreact to this.

He was a 36% shooter from deep this year.  Yes, he's getting more open looks than I'd like.  But I feel like he's probably due for some regression regardless of how we're defending him.  Guard him a little closer if the scheme allows it, but aside from that, I feel like he'll probably cool off some on his own.
Middleton is a legitimately great 3 point shooter. He's a career 39% guy and shot 39% post ASB.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #812 on: April 18, 2018, 01:46:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Eric Bledsoe dissed Terry Rozier on his interview:

"Terry Rozier hasn't committed a turnover in 78 minutes. How personally do you take that matchup?"
"Who?"
"Terry Rozier."
"I don't know who the f--- that is."

Didn't know Eric Bledsoe still exists in the NBA I thought he's washed up  ;D ;D ;D

lol, nice try Bledsoe.  talking crap after playing terrible for the first two games and down 0-2.  I am not sure if I have ever heard someone be that stupid before?

How about when the Pistons said Larry Bird would be just another player if he were black? Remember that?

I have to admit, those 80's battles with Philly, Detroit, Bucks, lakers were fun times.  It just made it more fun to hate Detroit and Laimbeer and that crew.   No handshakes between teams after those games.  Bird/McHale/Chief/ Danny flat out hated the Pistons.

That was some tough, tough basketball.

The Pistons, Lakers, and 76ers (read: Moses) played basketball? ;) ;D
I would think the 83 Sixers, the 85 Lakers and the 89 Pistons would demolish any team in the NBA today.

« Reply #813 on: April 18, 2018, 01:49:05 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Of course the 86 Celtics would beat any team ever.

Re: Bucks (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Game 2 4/17/1
« Reply #814 on: April 18, 2018, 01:51:59 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Eric Bledsoe dissed Terry Rozier on his interview:

"Terry Rozier hasn't committed a turnover in 78 minutes. How personally do you take that matchup?"
"Who?"
"Terry Rozier."
"I don't know who the f--- that is."

Didn't know Eric Bledsoe still exists in the NBA I thought he's washed up  ;D ;D ;D

lol, nice try Bledsoe.  talking crap after playing terrible for the first two games and down 0-2.  I am not sure if I have ever heard someone be that stupid before?

Rozier owns Bedsoe...

Bledsoe doesn't even know who he's supposed to be guarding? Makes sense.

« Reply #815 on: April 18, 2018, 01:52:12 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Of course the 86 Celtics would beat any team ever.

Ever!

« Reply #816 on: April 18, 2018, 02:05:21 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Imagine if we had Kyrie, Hayward, Smart, and Theis. This would have been too easy!

This experience for the young guys will be critical for next year's run

With Kyrie, Hayward, Smart and Theis with the current production of Rozier, Tatum, Morris, Brown, Monroe and the occasional hero Shane Larkin...

Game 1 we would've won by 26 points
Game 2 we would've won by 31 points
Extrapolating, we would have won Game 4 of the Finals by 65.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #817 on: April 18, 2018, 02:32:42 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
A playoff series don't start until you win on the road.

Time for the Celtics to take care of business on Friday.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #818 on: April 18, 2018, 03:42:28 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Great win ! It's nice to win by a large margin, especially after a stressful game 1. I will admit I was fearing a Bucks comeback when they cut the lead down to 10 late in the 4th but the team wasn't having.

Great performances all-around, Tatum was the only one in trouble offensively but he got it done defensively with numerous steals and great positioning. Glad to see Larkin and Monroe contribute in timely manners !

Giannis wasn't as impressive this time around, I'm much more concerned about Middleton everytime he takes a shot because he seems to make 90 % of them (and he always plays us well). Bledsoe definitely gets the crown of the new "fake tough guy who disappears in the playoffs but keeps trying to look tough", sorry Brandon Jennings !

Winning game 3 in Milwaukee would be nice to get a hold on this series, I think we can expect a very hostile environment/crowd but our guys like to play on the road so I'm quite confident.

« Reply #819 on: April 18, 2018, 07:06:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I have always thought we would win the first two and one in MIL, and close out at home.  I think MIL wins a game but I hope I am wrong.

« Reply #820 on: April 18, 2018, 07:10:05 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Scary Terry is killing Drew Bledsoe  :laugh:

« Reply #821 on: April 18, 2018, 08:44:29 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Bledsoe says he never heard of a ...Rozier ......who,dat?

Its Chris Paul to him , the way Rozier is clowning him

« Reply #822 on: April 18, 2018, 08:08:05 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
I have always thought we would win the first two and one in MIL, and close out at home.  I think MIL wins a game but I hope I am wrong.

doesn't matter. just enjoy every quarter. ALL HOUSE MONEY.  IF we neat the  bux they should be ridiculed.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #823 on: April 18, 2018, 08:40:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
RANDOM QUESTION

Does anyone else feel "scared/really nervous" when you see a Celtics playoff game on the road in a hostile environment? Idk but I don't feel like watching when they play a playoff game on the road since I'm too nervous lol. I know it's all about execution but still... I usually JUST use the forums when it's a playoff road game  :P (Probably will for Games 3 + 4 as well)

...you can watch a road game .....I'll protect you ....LOL.....  ;)

In person? I wouldn't wanna get heckled by drunk opposing fans or obnoxious fans.

On TV? I love watching road games and winning road games. It's fun to watch their home get silenced when they get beat.

Lol I'm not in MIL so of course TV.

Yes winning road games are fun but to me feel even more nerve-wracking than home playoff games, especially when the other team goes on a run and their building goes beserk.

come on. i can't tell you how many nail biting hockey and football games i have not only watched but attended in my lifetime. suck it up buttercup. embrace it.

My 20 year old heart can't handle any more thrills/heart breaks LOL.

After the last few Super Bowls especially (unfortunately last one was a heart break though)...  :P
This is hilarious. Try 1975 Sox-Reds. Try 1978 Sox-Yanks. Try 1981 Cs-Sixers. Try 1986 Celtics -Lakers. Try 1986 Sox- Angels. Try 1986 Sox-Mets. Try 1986 Pats-Dolphins. Try 1987 Celtics-Pistons, Then try everything since 2001 in Boston sports.

Gotta Cowboy up youngster.

Well most people on this blog/forum is probably way older than me haha. So obviously a lot more experienced in those regards too (with the "down" years of Boston sports).  :P

I watched Game 3 of Bruins-Maple Leafs which was played AT Toronto, and it sure looked like a hostile environment that affected the Bruins' play (though honestly the B's just missed too many chances and the bogus penalty that led to Toronto's first goal hurt them too).

I'll still watch Game 3 though AT Milwaukee. Wouldn't surprise me if Bledsoe went off and the crowd there went nuts though lol.  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #824 on: April 19, 2018, 07:47:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
RANDOM QUESTION

Does anyone else feel "scared/really nervous" when you see a Celtics playoff game on the road in a hostile environment? Idk but I don't feel like watching when they play a playoff game on the road since I'm too nervous lol. I know it's all about execution but still... I usually JUST use the forums when it's a playoff road game  :P (Probably will for Games 3 + 4 as well)

...you can watch a road game .....I'll protect you ....LOL.....  ;)

In person? I wouldn't wanna get heckled by drunk opposing fans or obnoxious fans.

On TV? I love watching road games and winning road games. It's fun to watch their home get silenced when they get beat.

Lol I'm not in MIL so of course TV.

Yes winning road games are fun but to me feel even more nerve-wracking than home playoff games, especially when the other team goes on a run and their building goes beserk.

come on. i can't tell you how many nail biting hockey and football games i have not only watched but attended in my lifetime. suck it up buttercup. embrace it.

My 20 year old heart can't handle any more thrills/heart breaks LOL.

After the last few Super Bowls especially (unfortunately last one was a heart break though)...  :P
This is hilarious. Try 1975 Sox-Reds. Try 1978 Sox-Yanks. Try 1981 Cs-Sixers. Try 1986 Celtics -Lakers. Try 1986 Sox- Angels. Try 1986 Sox-Mets. Try 1986 Pats-Dolphins. Try 1987 Celtics-Pistons, Then try everything since 2001 in Boston sports.

Gotta Cowboy up youngster.

Well most people on this blog/forum is probably way older than me haha. So obviously a lot more experienced in those regards too (with the "down" years of Boston sports).  :P

I watched Game 3 of Bruins-Maple Leafs which was played AT Toronto, and it sure looked like a hostile environment that affected the Bruins' play (though honestly the B's just missed too many chances and the bogus penalty that led to Toronto's first goal hurt them too).

I'll still watch Game 3 though AT Milwaukee. Wouldn't surprise me if Bledsoe went off and the crowd there went nuts though lol.  :P

i got a truck i bought new five years before you were born .   Hell ....i got calluses 20 years old