Author Topic: A Few Inflamatory Thoughts from Our First Playoff Game in 2018  (Read 5046 times)

Re: A Few Inflamatory Thoughts from Our First Playoff Game in 2018
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 02:02:51 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
This Celtics team is a TOUGH out.  I love their fight.

Even when the Bucks tied the game to take it to OT, we still triumphed.

Imagine once we get Hayward and Kyrie back?

One big move in the summer may be all we need to become a serious contender next year.

I love that our guys are getting the valuable playoff experience now.

And I'm really looking forward to seeing what Danny pulls out of his hat next!

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 03:58:08 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Hot take: We will advance to ECF. We prepare and execute better than the opposition. Also, we don't brain fart even with our young players logging huge minutes.

Mild take: T-Roz will win a ring in his career. John Wall, Russ won't. Those two suck out too much cap space from their teams while not being the deliver as the best no. 1 options. When they lose athleticism, John already started to do so, they will fall off faster than D12 did.

Cold take: Brad Stevens will always be our biggest contributor, our best superstar. 5 years and counting.

Sub zero take: We are the best franchise by far. From the guy that makes coffees for a meeting (he makes the best coffee), the girl that mops the floor (she doesn't leave any spots, plus she pours in extra lemon juice for the fresh smell), all the way to Danny and Wyc (no need to explain that one). We are even best in terms of our parquet (the floor), it has always been the most beautiful, all the way up to the rafters, that are filled with banners of prior success. And rafters confirm my initial hypothesis.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 04:02:52 AM »

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
One big move in the summer may be all we need to become a serious contender next year.

Looking at the way this team plays without Kyrie and Gordon Hayward right now, I am not sure we need another move to be a contender. I mean, looking at the East right now, is there any team that you would say is insurmountable to get to the finals assuming we were healthy? A finals team would be a serious contender by definition, no? 

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2018, 04:10:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Looking at the way this team plays without Kyrie and Gordon Hayward right now, I am not sure we need another move to be a contender. I mean, looking at the East right now, is there any team that you would say is insurmountable to get to the finals assuming we were healthy? A finals team would be a serious contender by definition, no?
I agree. As long as we maintain our bench weapons (Morris, Monroe, Rozier/Smart and Theis) and consolidate it with our draft picks, which could be a Grayson Allen type prospect.

I think we’re pretty legit.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2018, 04:31:44 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

I agree. As long as we maintain our bench weapons (Morris, Monroe, Rozier/Smart and Theis) and consolidate it with our draft picks, which could be a Grayson Allen type prospect.

I think we’re pretty legit.
Echoing: We need continuity and health.
If we have those, I feel like we are deciding about our own destiny.
And that is good enough for me.

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2018, 07:46:07 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Yep. If the C's can keep the band together, get some growth out of the young guys, and stay relatively healthy, I think they win it all next year.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 07:55:46 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Yep. If the C's can keep the band together, get some growth out of the young guys, and stay relatively healthy, I think they win it all next year.

Over GS, who will return a completely intact core?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 08:09:41 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

You are not intact if you age out :)
It will be 5 years since they came to the scene next year.
It is not easy to play 105 -115 games per year for half of decade.
Check the Heat, Bulls, Shaqobe Lakers - they broke down and they were dominant in the same manner.
Plus there are motivation issues.

On the other side there will be a superior coach with a hungry, younger and deeper team.

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2018, 12:00:37 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Sure. Why not?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2018, 11:41:07 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
New inflammatory thoughts:

Jaylen Brown is really, really good at basketball. He is now the best player from the 2016-2017 rookie class.

Playing Yabusele to matchup with Giannis was brilliant on CBS's part. One of Giannis primary moves involves dislodging the defender on the way to the hoop for either a right-hand finish, eurostep, or dropstep. And by the way, it was pretty apparent that Giannis was uncomfortable driving on him. No one is dislodging Yabu easily. (PS I really wish one of those threes would have gone down for Yabu. It might have opened the flood gates early)

Shane Larkin is an excellent defender, even in the post against taller players. He consistently disrupts the rhythm of his man's shots.

We need Moose to bring it in Milwaukee. His familiarity with the Bucks players and arena, his veteran presence, and his ability to slow down the game to a grind in the post could be the key to game 3.

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2018, 11:56:40 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Depends if we keep the key to our success this year, our bigs. If we can keep Baynes and Monroe and bring back Kyrie and Hayward, we're easily the East favorites next year. The way they carve up space and screen on offense and allow space for shooters and drives to the basket are the reason our offense has improved so drastically.

I'm kind of ready to let Smart go if that's what it takes. He's not that critical IMHO..