Author Topic: Anyone else p---ed?  (Read 6262 times)

Re: Anyone else p---ed?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2018, 03:34:36 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Yeah,  it's frustrating.   The East is clearly there for the taking.  Knowing what this team can do, when healthy, makes it more difficult to swallow. 

However next season, if healthy, this team will be absolutely loaded.

The scary/sad part is we don’t even know what this team is capable of at full strength.

We saw how good they could even without key pieces, and that was good enough to take the East.

To go an entire season without ever seeing your 8-9 best players suit up together sucks.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2018, 03:34:44 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Am I the only one who hasn’t given up on the possibility of us winning Eastern Conf this year.

I haven't given up hope for #18!
Freedooom!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2018, 04:39:40 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
As many on this site have pointed out over the course of the year, Cleveland is vulnerable. Lebron looks slow and it is love and a bunch of role players. If we had Irving and Hayward we could be living that life

Yes, but LeBron isn't degraded yet. Don't let 1 bad game fool you and I apologize if my anti-LeBron posts have caused confusion. The key takeaway from this is that he HAS BEGUN the decline. This means in ~2 more years, he will just be a really good player (roughly where Horford is now -- top 30 or so) and not the poisonous wall that has impeded us for 15 years (the guy who basically scored whenever he wanted).

I think that in general, we must be happy. Tatum has signs of "multiple time allstar" as a floor now instead of a ceiling and Brown appears to be getting there as well. Kyrie is just entering his prime. Hayward doesn't need to be the 2nd option anymore. Isn't that scary? Hayward can be the 3rd or 4th option on a basketball team. And Al Horford's contract is ending soon... I can totally see him bypassing money to give us a good MLE contract for the titles. We also have 1 more year of Rozier, Morris, and Theis on an insane budget ( combined under $10 mil next season).

We also did it without selling our fans out by charging them a ton of money while losing on purpose.

There are a lot of things to be upset about, but thankfully they all happened in the same season instead of scattered like what happened with the big 3 era.

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2018, 05:04:08 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Yeah,  it's frustrating.   The East is clearly there for the taking.  Knowing what this team can do, when healthy, makes it more difficult to swallow. 

However next season, if healthy, this team will be absolutely loaded.

The scary/sad part is we don’t even know what this team is capable of at full strength.

We saw how good they could even without key pieces, and that was good enough to take the East.

To go an entire season without ever seeing your 8-9 best players suit up together sucks.

Now teams will be game-planning for the Celtics seriously next season as they have their analyses on Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Morris and the likes of those guys. What they will be missing is Gordon Hayward. I expect some dominating stats from Hayward next year in green.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2018, 05:41:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why wasn't anyone frustrated when the Cavaliers imploded though?

Huh?
Huh what? Lament our streak of bad luck, but ignore the bad luck of other teams as given? Sure, the East is "wide open", but this is also partially due to the misfortune of other teams (mostly the Cleveland Cavaliers).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2018, 06:00:01 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Huh?
Huh what? Lament our streak of bad luck, but ignore the bad luck of other teams as given? Sure, the East is "wide open", but this is also partially due to the misfortune of other teams (mostly the Cleveland Cavaliers).

Probably because I don't give a [dang] nor root for those other teams.

Why should I give a [dang] about the Cavaliers?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Huh?

What misfortune for Cleveland?

I don’t consider trading their second-best star for an injured star and that not working out “misfortune.”

Seems like they constructed a poor roster twice in the past 8 months.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2018, 06:36:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Huh?

I didn't realize Cleveland was without their two best players plus one of the best defensive players in the league to begin their playoff run.

If you mean that they traded their 2nd best player in a deal that many thought was lopsided in their favor - no, I don't feel bad for them. That was the choice of team management, not horrible injury luck. Heck, Cleveland is solely responsible for Hayward's injury and may not have disclosed the extent of Kyrie's injury. Why in the world would we feel bad for Cleveland?

As for Sixers, I feel The Process was a total joke and Embiid will be back soon anyway. And Toronto has had nothing but good luck the entire season.

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2018, 06:59:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Huh?

What misfortune for Cleveland?

I don’t consider trading their second-best star for an injured star and that not working out “misfortune.”

Seems like they constructed a poor roster twice in the past 8 months.

Yea I don't know what misfortune Cavs have had...

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2018, 07:36:32 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Am I the only one who hasn’t given up on the possibility of us winning Eastern Conf this year.

They might still have the best defense in the league, right? And will have Smart returning to only make it better. Anything is possible.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2018, 10:37:35 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

They might still have the best defense in the league, right? And will have Smart returning to only make it better. Anything is possible.

Championship is within our grasp.  I'm not counting us out for anything.  Too much heart.

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2018, 10:52:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

don't forget Hayward is always possible for game 7 of the finals.  Anyone for or against bringing him back in the 4th quarter in a wheelchair  like pierce?

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2018, 11:49:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

don't forget Hayward is always possible for game 7 of the finals.  Anyone for or against bringing him back in the 4th quarter in a wheelchair  like pierce?
Just stand him in the corner. He can always hit that shot, right
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)