Author Topic: Anyone else p---ed?  (Read 6264 times)

Re: Anyone else p---ed?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 08:20:24 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
We've had an incredible run of luck the last five years. From hitting on our top draft picks, to signing major free agents. So i have a hard time being too upset about the injury plagued year, especially since I've enjoyed watching the young guys.
Another TP.  I'm over any disappointment.  Despite the injuries I've really enjoyed this team all year and yesterday's game was awesome.  And it's been said a million times, but this is great for Tatum and Brown's development.  They are being relied upon so much.

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 08:38:23 AM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
We've had an incredible run of luck the last five years. From hitting on our top draft picks, to signing major free agents. So i have a hard time being too upset about the injury plagued year, especially since I've enjoyed watching the young guys.
Another TP.  I'm over any disappointment.  Despite the injuries I've really enjoyed this team all year and yesterday's game was awesome.  And it's been said a million times, but this is great for Tatum and Brown's development.  They are being relied upon so much.
Don't forget Rozier..The current and future point guard for the C's. He plays both ends of the floor, can drive, pass, rebound and play athletic defense. Did I leave out young with no ego.

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 08:54:25 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I'm also over the disappointment.  I love everything about this group.  I wont let "what if" ruin such a likable team.  The journey has always mattered to me as a fan.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 09:00:30 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Yeah,  it's frustrating.   The East is clearly there for the taking.  Knowing what this team can do, when healthy, makes it more difficult to swallow. 

However next season, if healthy, this team will be absolutely loaded.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 09:35:37 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Don't forget Rozier..The current and future point guard for the C's. He plays both ends of the floor, can drive, pass, rebound and play athletic defense. Did I leave out young with no ego.
Oh, I think Rozier’s ego will become apparent as he gets better and establishes himself.  I’m pretty sure there is a pretty good ego in there waiting to come out.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 09:39:20 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yeah,  it's frustrating.   The East is clearly there for the taking.  Knowing what this team can do, when healthy, makes it more difficult to swallow.
Why wasn't anyone frustrated when the Cavaliers imploded though?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 09:44:59 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
After KG delayed his surgery and looked so much better in 10-11, I'm firm on not waiting to get needed things done. But yeah it really sucks, it could have been a Title/Finals run if Hayward/Kyrie/etc are all available for the playoffs and majority of the year.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2018, 09:47:51 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Why wasn't anyone frustrated when the Cavaliers imploded though?

Huh?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 02:31:44 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Yeah, opportunity missed for sure.  I would have LOVED a punchers chance the Warriors this year with a full squad.  Hopefully we get that shot next year.

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 02:35:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
As disappointing as it is to know they could probably make a deep run if not for injuries, I still don't think they'd really have a shot at the title.

So, given that, I'm content to watch Tatum do amazing things as a rookie, Brown develop, Horford prove all his critics are idiots, Terry earn a fat contract for some other team that will give the Celts some juicy trade assets, and Brad continue to show why he's a top 5 coach in the league. 

Just remember, we could be Kings fans.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 02:42:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Am I the only one who hasn’t given up on the possibility of us winning Eastern Conf this year.

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 02:44:14 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Even with the injuries, I give this team a punchers chance for several reasons: 1) Number of players who can create offense 2) Versatility and size 3) Tough and smart defense 4) CBS

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 02:47:54 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
As disappointing as it is to know they could probably make a deep run if not for injuries, I still don't think they'd really have a shot at the title.

So, given that, I'm content to watch Tatum do amazing things as a rookie, Brown develop, Horford prove all his critics are idiots, Terry earn a fat contract for some other team that will give the Celts some juicy trade assets, and Brad continue to show why he's a top 5 coach in the league. 

I work with a Kings fan, and he's bummed because the Kings didn't win enough to make the playoffs AND they won too much to really have a shot at a top-3 pick.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 03:27:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I work with a Kings fan, and he's bummed because the Kings didn't win enough to make the playoffs AND they won too much to really have a shot at a top-3 pick.

In other words, it was yet another typical Kings season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2018, 03:30:29 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Am I the only one who hasn’t given up on the possibility of us winning Eastern Conf this year.

I haven't given up hope for #18!