Author Topic: What adjustments are you looking for in game 2?  (Read 2885 times)

Re: What adjustments are you looking for in game 2?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 12:17:59 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Treat Giannis like the Pistons and Knicks did to Jordan in the late 80's and early 90's.  Hard fouls every time he gets near the basket.  Make him earn those free throws (no cheapies).  As the series wears on I can promise you his body will start to feels the affects of those physical fouls.

This should be the plan all series. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 12:57:47 AM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
From us...more Al Horford than ever before, post up Jason and Jaylen, and more Monroe.  From them...they know Giannis won't sniff 6 fouls total for the rest of this series so he'll get even worse star treatment with hopes of a Giannis vs Simmons/Embiid match up in the 2nd round.

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 12:58:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Minimize minutes where Tatum, Brown, and Horford are all on the bench.

Don't try so hard to feed Monroe the ball when all-bench lineups are in there.  Honestly our bench is so depleted at this point apart from Morris, they should just grind the pace down to a halt.  Hoisting up a shot at the end of the 24 and getting 4 back on defense might be the best strategy for those lineups.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 01:28:25 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Like too see Brown and Tatum get more involved handling the ball, give them some chances in the pick and roll. Maybe it wont work, but theres only soo much ISO Morris or Rozier driving into the paint and getting swallowed up I can take. I mean it can't be worse than ur offense was in that 2nd quarter.

On another note, I worry that Milwaukee may have figured out they need to play Giannis at center. That will be very tough to stop if they go with it more consistently. Sure, Al can go to work in the post, but he's never been the kind of guy who you can just dump it to and he isnt gonna get 14 fta every game.

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 04:04:03 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I wish we would defend guys like the Freak and Simmons by getting in their space so that they' have to go around you rather than letting them build up speed. Neither can shoot outside so work on their ball hand side and don't let them go downhill without a fight.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 06:53:24 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
We played them perfectly, the only thing is to limit our turnovers. Larkin had 3 in a row and that brought them back. And on offense, post giannis and brogdon
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 07:16:44 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Keeping Middleton in check would be nice, he will obviously get his points but I thought he had too many wide open 3's. I'd rather let Giannis try to force his way into the paint than get Middleton hot from 3 like he did.

Limit turnovers, get more cuts to the hoop for Rozier, get Moose more involved, and we are good.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2018, 07:18:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
attack Giannis from the get go make him play inside D and foul out.

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 08:07:09 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Avoid the 5 minute turnover fest that eliminated our decent sized lead.

Tell Larkin to get his head in the game.  The bench needs a crystal clear idea of what they're going to run and how they're going to score.  Can't keep up the lazy/indecisive passes.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 08:08:02 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Yeah I was excited to see Horford post him up and score on the first basket, but then it seemed like we went right back to our normal offense.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 09:37:04 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Avoid the 5 minute turnover fest that eliminated our decent sized lead.

Tell Larkin to get his head in the game.  The bench needs a crystal clear idea of what they're going to run and how they're going to score.  Can't keep up the lazy/indecisive passes.

Tatum had some bad passes on drives where he aborted going for the layup a second too late and tried to kick out. He needs to be more decisive in those situations, as well.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Yeah I was excited to see Horford post him up and score on the first basket, but then it seemed like we went right back to our normal offense.
The Bucks started aggressively fronting Horford later in the game and the guards were rightfully scared of trying to lob over Giannis. I thought the C's had a nice balance to their offensive play calls when Horford was on the floor.

When he was off it got pretty darn ugly though, burn the Monroe high PnR Bucks aggressive style will blow it up everytime.

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 10:01:11 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Post up more - keep feeding the  ball to Al, Baynes and Monroe - maybe gets Giannis in foul trouble.

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 10:14:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Post up more - keep feeding the  ball to Al, Baynes and Monroe - maybe gets Giannis in foul trouble.
I really don't want Baynes posting up, especially given that he only really plays if Henson is on the court.

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2018, 10:15:03 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I just want to see what the boy genius comes up with for game two.