Author Topic: Which C's Team Makes the Better Run?  (Read 747 times)

Which C's Team Makes the Better Run?
« on: April 15, 2018, 05:15:21 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Not sure exactly how to pose this question, but I've been thinking about how the C's are playing without their top 2 players and two important rotation guys for the start of the playoffs.

Given the same complementary players (Morris, Semi, Moose, Baynes, Larkin), which foursome makes the better playoff run?:

Rozier
Brown
Tatum
Horford

v.

Irving
Hayward
Smart
Theis

I think it's pretty amazing that this is debatable; speaks to how good the C's can be moving forward with all 8 of the above available.

Re: Which C's Team Makes the Better Run?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 05:19:10 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Hard to answer that, I tend to think that with Kyrie and Hayward the team would go farther, but you never know how the chemistry will work out. And as we saw today, Horford can make a big impact. Without Horford and with Kyrie getting a lot of mpg the defense would likely be much worse.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Hard to answer that, I tend to think that with Kyrie and Hayward the team would go farther, but you never know how the chemistry will work out. And as we saw today, Horford can make a big impact. Without Horford and with Kyrie getting a lot of mpg the defense would likely be much worse.

I think it's probably a toss-up -- Horford makes a big difference on the "all-healthy" team.  I think the Bucks are a tough out for either team.  Without Horford, the injured group would struggle to stop the Bucks in the paint -- I think Giannis would dominate.  He very well might dominate this series before all is said and done.  I think both teams -- the current healthy team as constituted and the hypothetical team that substitutes the injured crew for four healthy C's -- would lose to Philly.

I just think it's a testament to how far JT, JB and TR have come this year that the answer isn't a no-brainer in the direction of the injured foursome. 

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 06:07:26 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I think the one with Irving and Hayward by far.

They have the 2 best players.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 06:48:52 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
It looks like to me that the Horford group is able to bring the defense needed against top teams while the Irving group has the edge on offense IMO. Horford group can score in the post more efficiently while Irving group is likely the better jump shooters even with Smart. We had some trouble with scoring today that will likely drag us down in the long run.

Are the Bucks better defensively than the Sixers? I think they are collectively. Defense will be a big factor next round no matter who advances.

I'm  just really glad we will have most of the guys from all three groups next season. The mix will be fun to watch.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 06:51:25 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
It looks like to me that the Horford group is able to bring the defense needed against top teams while the Irving group has the edge on offense IMO. Horford group can score in the post more efficiently while Irving group is likely the better jump shooters even with Smart. We had some trouble with scoring today that will likely drag us down in the long run.

Are the Bucks better defensively than the Sixers? I think they are. It will be a factor next round no matter who advances.

I'm  just really glad we will have most of the guys from all three groups next season. The mix will be fun to watch.
No. Not even close really.

The Bucks are slightly below average defensively, while the 76ers are a top 5 unit.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 06:53:16 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Who guards Kyrie?

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 06:55:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Horford is vital to what this team does on both ends.  It's so hard to answer this without having seen Kyrie and Hayward play together though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain