Author Topic: Playoff Rondo  (Read 10339 times)

Re: Playoff Rondo
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 07:43:36 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Janos was happy with Rondo:

I AM TELL YOU ON RONDOS. He is do 17 assist of point also many reband! The Very Smart @heydb is talk on his FULL leadership. I am tire Westbok. I am tire rocket beard. I AM PREFER RONDOS!

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 08:39:33 AM »

Online ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
We saw the Good and Bad playoff Rondo in that game. He almost choked that game up.
ok fine

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 09:35:14 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We saw the Good and Bad playoff Rondo in that game. He almost choked that game up.

Exactly. He was good Rondo for three quarters, bad Rondo for the fourth.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 09:47:16 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Playoff Rondo-the legend grows.
It wasn't the 17 assists or the 8 rebounds. It was his ability to control the game.
He drops knowledge-the way he drops dimes.
He knew every set the Blazers were going to run.
Love his chemistry with AD.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 09:50:34 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Rondo almost cost them the game by going into hero mode in the 4th.

He went away from what was working (4 FGAs through 3 quarters, with 15 assists), and decided that he’d “take over” in the 4th. The result? 5 FGAs (3 misses), only 2 assists, a turnover, and a visibly different philosophy.  The Blazers cut a big lead down to a couple of points, with Rondo being the only starter with a negative +/-.

4th quarter Rondo was “bad Rondo”.

I don't know if calling him "bad Rondo" late is totally fair.  I saw one bad shot when he went in for the layup from the left side and he tried to complete a bizarre reverse (that he might have been able to pull off as pre-injury Rondo) that was an air ball, but he then played tremendous defense and had a steal that would have virtually iced the game on the baseline, only to have it his the base line.

I agree that his decision making changed in the late 4th, but that is because RR is an Alpha!  I don't think that the Pels win this game without Rondo's driving lay up out of the time out.  They certainly would not have even been in this game with RR's overall performance.

Smitty77

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2018, 10:12:10 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
The only person who nearly cost the pelicans the game was their coach, who refused to call timeout with a ten point lead and four minutes remaining.

At that point I could visibly see how gassed AD and Mirotic were. The team needed a blow and Gentry did nothing. Portland goes frantic on defense and the Pels weren't ready for it. Rondo went to the bucket to try and help his horses during that stretch.

A timely timeout was required and Gentry never called it .... until that ten point lead was cut to one. His bad!

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 11:29:43 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
The only person who nearly cost the pelicans the game was their coach, who refused to call timeout with a ten point lead and four minutes remaining.

At that point I could visibly see how gassed AD and Mirotic were. The team needed a blow and Gentry did nothing. Portland goes frantic on defense and the Pels weren't ready for it. Rondo went to the bucket to try and help his horses during that stretch.

A timely timeout was required and Gentry never called it .... until that ten point lead was cut to one. His bad!

Absolutely BRILLIANT point Fred Roberts!!

Smitty77

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 11:57:38 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

That's how I saw it too. I think Rondo tried to score because his guys were visibly gassed and nothing was falling for them. He tried to get something going to the basket to stop the bleeding. If he doesn't try to attack then people would be complaining about that.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2018, 12:03:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I AM TELL YOU ON RONDOS. He is do 17 assist of point also many reband! The Very Smart @heydb is talk on his FULL leadership. I am tire Westbok. I am tire rocket beard. I AM PREFER RONDOS!
Heydb! I am on you here a teepee for ya’ rule post-it.

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2018, 12:19:34 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
It's nice to see Rondo still performing at a high level, controlling the game while not scoring until late in the 2nd half,  but mastering the offense and dishing assists like a mad man. And I'm glad it's not against us this time around, I definitely think Chicago would have swept us last year if he didn't get injured.

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2018, 12:32:51 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

Heydb! I am on you here a teepee for ya’ rule post-it.
Teepee haha!

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 10:46:15 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Playoff Rondo 2.0 in the house!

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 10:48:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hondo > Rondo

nuff said

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 10:05:10 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
He was awesome last night. He knows where the Blazer guards are suppose to be in their set offenses. He had a couple of turnover his team mates were not paying attention. If they had a bench it would have been over sooner. He will make a great coach one day.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 10:53:19 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
He definitely appears to have that Playoff gear that he can turn on. Super cerebral player who loves getting everyone involved. Yes, he has attitude but it a part of the package. Amazing to go into Portland and win both games.

On a sad note, Davis might be in NO for a long time. And how ironic that Cousins finally is on a team that makes the playoffs and he is injured and cannot play. Crazy!