Author Topic: Bucks (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/15/18  (Read 67885 times)

Re: Bucks (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/15/18
« Reply #915 on: April 15, 2018, 06:39:20 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Was out with the kids today and didn't get to see the game.

Did I miss anything?

Mike

Welp, I missed it, too.

thats 10 demerits.....minus 10 TP .....skipping the playoffs. .

we expect you here next game .   ;D

Plus 50 pushups , and run 10 sets of suicides!

Lol, TPs for both of you ;D.

Why you letting em off so lightly...I got my jet lagged self up at 7 am to watch the game. No slackers allowed the Cs need all the positive energy on the blog to get them through.

Lol, it's not like I missed it on purpose, and besides, after jumping on the Rozier bandwagon he came down to Earth, only for him to return to form when I wasn't watching, so you're welcome, ahahaha ;D. You know, because #CausalLink, hehe ;D.

TP for you, too, by the way, for having to deal with jet lag.

« Reply #916 on: April 15, 2018, 06:45:28 PM »

Online hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Obviously I was joking when I said can we play without Larkin but he was awful today. Two consecutive turnovers leading to 5 points on the same play plus I think all of his turnovers led to points which means we couldn't score plus they did. A double whammy. He kind of made up a little by hitting the 3 late but I have to say that I have really like Larkin all year but the past week or so in regular season and today he was downright awful. And they consistently went at him on offense. Play smarter or better or sit down. We need Smart asap.

« Reply #917 on: April 15, 2018, 06:49:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Did I miss anything?

Mike

Welp, I missed it, too.

« Reply #918 on: April 15, 2018, 06:51:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Did I miss anything?

Mike

Welp, I missed it, too.

Lol, TPs for both of you ;D.

Why you letting em off so lightly...I got my jet lagged self up at 7 am to watch the game. No slackers allowed the Cs need all the positive energy on the blog to get them through.

Lol, it's not like I missed it on purpose, and besides, after jumping on the Rozier bandwagon he came down to Earth, only for him to return to form when I wasn't watching, so you're welcome, ahahaha ;D. You know, because #CausalLink, hehe ;D.

TP for you, too, by the way, for having to deal with jet lag.

lol TP to you too....with your comedy here it was interesting to catch your insights into international affairs.

« Reply #919 on: April 15, 2018, 07:00:34 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Only thing that concerns me a bit after game 1 is, who on the Celtics could we reasonably expect to play better in game 2? Monroe, that's about it. Everyone else brought it, and we still barely got by in OT. Maybe we can hope Jaylen, Terry, and Tatum each kick it into another gear , but we can't expect them to do that.

The Bucks however, you could say that Bledsoe, Parker and Snell can all play much better next game. I guess we can also say Middleton won't always score 31 points on 12-20 shooting including a miracle three though.

I have concerns too, but hesitated to voice them, since Boston ended up winning and I don't want to be a Debbie Downer ... but to answer your question, Boston shot only 41.5%, so the shooting can definitely improve; and Boston allowed Milwaukee to shoot 48.2%, so Boston's D can definitely improve. They certainly can't allow Middleton to go off for 30+ again.

But they did get the W, which, when all's said and done, is the thing that matters most.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #920 on: April 15, 2018, 07:16:09 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Only thing that concerns me a bit after game 1 is, who on the Celtics could we reasonably expect to play better in game 2? Monroe, that's about it. Everyone else brought it, and we still barely got by in OT. Maybe we can hope Jaylen, Terry, and Tatum each kick it into another gear , but we can't expect them to do that.

The Bucks however, you could say that Bledsoe, Parker and Snell can all play much better next game. I guess we can also say Middleton won't always score 31 points on 12-20 shooting including a miracle three though.

I guess you can say Larkin also. I mean, his three turnovers in a two-minute span is what brought MIL back into the game before halftime. Up until then, the C's were up double digits and looking great.

Baynes could as well, though I just don't think this is a great match up for him.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #921 on: April 15, 2018, 09:48:15 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
LET"S GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #922 on: April 15, 2018, 09:53:12 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
We got to do better ...

I emptied the bottle of nerve pills

and this is only game one.

meh. i have zero expectations now. I just want to see what the VET ROOk and rozier and brown can do. this will be a good learning expericne for next year. when we get hayward and kyrie and theis back this team will be STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED.  we will make finals next year you can take it to the bank.  a bench with rozier, smart, morris, monroe, theis.....maybe baynes if we start both hayward and tatum. we will see!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #923 on: April 15, 2018, 09:54:03 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
one of the youngest rosters in the league

a team built for the future

that is ready to win now

C us rise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #924 on: April 15, 2018, 09:55:25 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
We got to do better ...

meh. i have zero expectations now. I just want to see what the VET ROOk and rozier and brown can do. this will be a good learning expericne for next year. when we get hayward and kyrie and theis back this team will be STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED.  we will make finals next year you can take it to the bank.  a bench with rozier, smart, morris, monroe, theis.....maybe baynes if we start both hayward and tatum. we will see!

It is quite an accumulation of talent. Even the squad that we have playing the Bucks right now is a very talented bunch.

« Reply #925 on: April 15, 2018, 09:56:30 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

I guess you can say Larkin also. I mean, his three turnovers in a two-minute span is what brought MIL back into the game before halftime. Up until then, the C's were up double digits and looking great.

Baynes could as well, though I just don't think this is a great match up for him.

Only reason why Milwaukee stayed in the game was because of that abysmal 2nd quarter performance by the C's. It was just bad turnovers after turnovers. That needs to be fixed by the coaching. And also, players breathing on Giannis getting called for a foul, and bad bad calls or no calls favoring the Bucks.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #926 on: April 15, 2018, 10:07:21 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Only reason why Milwaukee stayed in the game was because of that abysmal 2nd quarter performance by the C's. It was just bad turnovers after turnovers. That needs to be fixed by the coaching. And also, players breathing on Giannis getting called for a foul, and bad bad calls or no calls favoring the Bucks.

The refs were bad but they seemed to get better at the end of the game. is that because of the 2 minute review, or do they even do that anymore?

« Reply #927 on: April 15, 2018, 10:33:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
We got to do better ...

It is quite an accumulation of talent. Even the squad that we have playing the Bucks right now is a very talented bunch.

What our pundits are failing to fully appreciate , like Sir Charles we are missing what amounts to a near core team for many lesser teams .   Give us Hayward and Irving healthy ane Smart and Theis . ..this is a huge handicap.

« Reply #928 on: April 15, 2018, 11:27:37 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

Did I miss anything?

Mike

Welp, I missed it, too.

Sadly, school vacation coincides with the first week of the playoffs, and we're in lovely San Diego for the next few days. I had a co-worker texting me with game updates, and you can imagine how buzzy the phone around 12:30 (3:30 EST). I was scrambling so much that my wife thought there was some kind of emergency and got really concerned.

Mike

« Reply #929 on: April 16, 2018, 01:02:06 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
I can't believe people outside of Celtics Nation are arguing that Giannis should've gotten a jump ball instead of a foul in OT.

Clearly that was a foul lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)