Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 273503 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #2400 on: May 22, 2018, 11:32:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
GS looked very beatable tonight. And was.

Houston played hard in 4th quarter.

Good game.

« Reply #2401 on: May 22, 2018, 11:34:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
So what do we think happens in Game 4 tonight between Houston-Golden State? Golden State takes care of business in easy fashion, or Houston shows tremendous fight to even this series up?

A lot of reputations are honestly on the line here. If Harden has a dud tonight in a game where the Rockets need him the most, then he'll just forever be known as a choker. Same with CP3. And D'Antoni saying "the pressure is on the Warriors" LOL. As long as Houston's offense relies on your iso-ball, Golden State wins big.

That said, for some reason, I think Houston will actually shock a lot of people tonight. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did lose by 10+, but it just feels like it especially when you hear the media and almost everyone just automatically assume it's 3-1 Warriors right now.

It will take herculean efforts from Harden and CP3 though, and their role players will have to shoot extremely well too (like in Game 2). However, if Curry goes off again, there's nothing much HOU can do, but I think they actually do a better job on Curry tonight.

Prediction: Rockets win a thriller at Oracle Arena, 108-105, to even up the series.

BOOM!!! NAILED IT!

WHAT DID I TELL YOU ALL BEFORE THE GAME!!!  ;D

What a huge win for Houston. Looks like the WCF is going 7 games.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2402 on: May 22, 2018, 11:36:32 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
link=topic=95890.msg2511146#msg2511146 date=1527046140]
Yup, keep doubting the Rockets....and keep looking like fools...the whole lot of ya.
[/quote]

How did you know that Durant would have the worst shot selection of his career in the 4th?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2403 on: May 22, 2018, 11:41:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Yup, keep doubting the Rockets....and keep looking like fools...the whole lot of ya.

You knew that Durant would have the worst shot selection of his career in the 4th? Not a safe bet, but congrats if you ante'd up on it.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2404 on: May 22, 2018, 11:53:29 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Anyone feel like LeBron would be a nice 3rd piece on that rockets team?

« Reply #2405 on: May 22, 2018, 11:59:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Brutal shot selection by both sides down the stretch.
Yup

« Reply #2406 on: May 23, 2018, 12:00:51 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
OK that Harden Dunk over Big Mouth Dray qualifies as a LISTER BLISTER, to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Oz7SIDLik

What a PLAY.

Here is the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2GaAWdHwsw

Ironic that Kemp did that to Lister, who was a WARRIOR, as well.

Big time play by Harden, though. Dude's getting my respect this year.

"The JAMES MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" replaces "The RAIN MANNNNNN" lol

That dunk couldn't have happened to a more deserving player than Draymond. Love him but dude is big pest.

James should've stuck the landing better, and pointed at him.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:12:28 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #2407 on: May 23, 2018, 12:24:21 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
That was one of the worst choke jobs I have ever seen in the playoffs.  GS up by 12 in the 4th quarter, has all the momentum, was on track to obliterate the Rockets by the end of the game.  But somehow GS started taking the worst shots known to man, everyone got tighter than a snare drum and boom they wilted when it counted most.

I am impressed either way that that Rockets came out of there with a win.  Even more so with 6 guys playing + 11 min from G. Green. 

I don't know if this changes the possibilities going forward for us, but it is interesting.

« Reply #2408 on: May 23, 2018, 12:31:19 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
That was one of the worst choke jobs I have ever seen in the playoffs.  GS up by 12 in the 4th quarter, has all the momentum, was on track to obliterate the Rockets by the end of the game.  But somehow GS started taking the worst shots known to man, everyone got tighter than a snare drum and boom they wilted when it counted most.

I am impressed either way that that Rockets came out of there with a win.  Even more so with 6 guys playing + 11 min from G. Green. 

I don't know if this changes the possibilities going forward for us, but it is interesting.

Durant, Curry and Warriors known for their choking antics. (See: 2016 NBA Finals, up 3-1 series lead, 2016 Western Conference Finals, up 3-1 series lead).

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2409 on: May 23, 2018, 12:33:07 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

Durant, Curry and Warriors known for their choking antics. (See: 2016 NBA Finals, up 3-1 series lead, 2016 Western Conference Finals, up 3-1 series lead).

Well I guess I more meant a single game.  Playing at home, momentum, Curry going off, 12 point lead 4th quarter...then they completely fall apart.

But I agree 100% on those other examples.  It certainly shows a bit of a chink in the armor.

« Reply #2410 on: May 23, 2018, 12:49:14 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
LOL what in the F is GS doing?? They had a timeout left, and they settled for that crap??  :o

That very well might've just cost them this series. My God, just dumb, dumb basketball...

You just know that Momma There Goes That Man ::) will be all too happy to chime in on this during the broadcast, tomorrow. Dude's still salty AF.

Well I guess I more meant a single game.  Playing at home, momentum, Curry going off, 12 point lead 4th quarter...then they completely fall apart.

But I agree 100% on those other examples.  It certainly shows a bit of a chink in the armor.

Funny how one guy, Durant, blows a 3-1 lead only to join the Warriors who went on to...blow a 3-1 lead in the same season, LOL ::) ;D.

I do think that the 2016 Finals were a different monster, though, because yes, while Curry was injured and Golden State still had the homecourt advantage, Draymond never should have been suspended for Game 5, imo, as he had already committed far worse violations against Steven Adams' package during the WCF. If the league was going to suspend him, they should have done so then, imo, plus Lebron teabagged him in Game 4, I believe, which set everything off. Talk about a d0uchefest ::).

As for tonight's game, while I guess that the Warriors missed Iguodala ::), things started to go downhill for them, imo, once Klay suffered some kind of injury in the second quarter, but even worse was how after Curry went nuts in the third and gave them what should have been a nice cushion heading into the fourth, Durant seemingly reverted back to his form from Game 6 in 2016 against these very Warriors, lol, and by the time that Steph got back into the contest the damage had already been done, ahahaha ;D.

Great game, though :).

« Reply #2411 on: May 23, 2018, 03:07:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL so you know how we all joke around here during Celtics playoff games that, especially during close games, we feel extremely nervous and as a result, feel like getting panic attacks or heart attacks. Need to take "anxiety medications" and such.

Well, I was in Boston today for an employee health screening appointment at a hospital I'm going to work in starting this summer, and while in the waiting room, a few other guys were in there talking about the Celtics game and I joined in on the discussion.

We joked a bit about how our hearts wouldn't handle it if tonight's game was close, given the circumstances and what's at stake for the series. A few nurses/receptionists sitting nearby were also chiming in about the C's but when we said that, they laughed and said that there's actually been emergency cases where folks come in and/or are bought in because of health problems (like going into cardiac arrest) during or right after a close playoff game because of the strain in their heart as a result of being so nervous and heart rate getting real high. Obviously they have other health problems beforehand that led to the heart attack or other complications/attacks, but watching the close game and building tension essentially "does it" for them.

Apparently, many cases appeared after Celtics - Sixers Game 2 (game where PHI went up 25, we came back, they went ahead again, then we won at the very end). That WAS a scary and intense game I'll admit.

Then one of the guys was like, "Better make an appointment for me tonight", and we all just burst out laughing. I also burst out laughing thinking about all of us here who watch these games together, and especially when it's a super tight game near the end :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WE AREN'T ALONE GUYS!!!  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2412 on: May 23, 2018, 03:31:03 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
LOL so you know how we all joke around here during Celtics playoff games that, especially during close games, we feel extremely nervous and as a result, feel like getting panic attacks or heart attacks. Need to take "anxiety medications" and such.

Well, I was in Boston today for an employee health screening appointment at a hospital I'm going to work in starting this summer, and while in the waiting room, a few other guys were in there talking about the Celtics game and I joined in on the discussion.

We joked a bit about how our hearts wouldn't handle it if tonight's game was close, given the circumstances and what's at stake for the series. A few nurses/receptionists sitting nearby were also chiming in about the C's but when we said that, they laughed and said that there's actually been emergency cases where folks come in and/or are bought in because of health problems (like going into cardiac arrest) during or right after a close playoff game because of the strain in their heart as a result of being so nervous and heart rate getting real high. Obviously they have other health problems beforehand that led to the heart attack or other complications/attacks, but watching the close game and building tension essentially "does it" for them.

Apparently, many cases appeared after Celtics - Sixers Game 2 (game where PHI went up 25, we came back, they went ahead again, then we won at the very end). That WAS a scary and intense game I'll admit.

Then one of the guys was like, "Better make an appointment for me tonight", and we all just burst out laughing. I also burst out laughing thinking about all of us here who watch these games together, and especially when it's a super tight game near the end :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL. I'm not surprised. This is me every playoff game

« Reply #2413 on: May 23, 2018, 05:30:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148

LOL. I'm not surprised. This is me every playoff game

What is in the bag?

« Reply #2414 on: May 23, 2018, 05:55:44 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2152
I’m on board for a 1981/1986 Finals rematch.
The only color that matters is GREEN