Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 275951 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #2265 on: May 16, 2018, 11:09:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Hope Chris Paul is okay.

what happened to him?

« Reply #2266 on: May 16, 2018, 11:09:54 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Now it is the warriors that aren't playing any d.  Curry didn't get back on def because he was complaining about not getting a call, and then his man hits a 3 at the other end.  Complain in between plays if you have to, you are just hurting your team by not hustling back on d.

He pulled a Bron?

pretty much.

« Reply #2267 on: May 16, 2018, 11:15:43 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I wonder what all the dummies that said the Rockets had no chance are gonna say now?

I'm expecting this series to go the full 7 games. This is a really good team.

« Reply #2268 on: May 16, 2018, 11:19:10 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
I wonder what all the dummies that said the Rockets had no chance are gonna say now?

I still think the warriors are better.  Rockets played wayyy better tonight.  But now they go back to GS for two games.  My guess is GSW in 6.  GS will get the two games at home.  Rockets win one more game at home, GS close out in game 6.

« Reply #2269 on: May 16, 2018, 11:22:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I agree. There are a lot of delusional fans that put the warriors on a pedestal and they don't realize how good the rockets are

7 games sounds right 

« Reply #2270 on: May 16, 2018, 11:23:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Don’t know if they can pull it off but Boston would match up really well with g State

Hate to sound pessimistic, but Golden State would overwhelm us and win in 5.

Now if we played HOU... I think we actually got a chance to take them in 6.

Of course though, first got to win the Cleveland series! (Long way to go still)

That's my feeling as well. We got a shot against Houston. The Rockets would crush us though.

The Rockets would crush us? With our defense we could smother their ISO-ball for the most part IMO.

Not guaranteeing we beat them but we got a solid chance still.

I meant the Warriors would crush us

Well, I don’t know about crush, but it is difficult for me to see us winning that series.

As for Houston, though, I think we matchup really, really well with them, and that’s a 50/50 series imo.
can you go into detail why you think the rockets are better matchup

Similar to Cleveland in many ways:

1) We have the size/length/athleticism advantage at virtually every position.

2) In order to win, Houston MUST hit threes at a high clip, yet we’re the best team in the league with perimeter defense and guarding the three.

3) We have the premier Harden stopper in the league in Smart (seriously, look at the stats at how well Smart has guarded Harden the last several years). We also have several other guys in Brown, Semi, and even Morris who can make things really difficult for Harden. It’s similar to how we have several guys to throw at Lebron in this series.

4) We’ll have two excellent starting lineups to use that are super-switchable that matchup very well with their starting lineup: Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Morris and Al or Rozier, Smart, Brown, Tatum, and Morris.

5) There are several mismatches to exploit with Houston, primarily their backcourt in Harden (poor D) and Paul (short stature). Outside of Moose, who will barely play in a Houston series, we legitimately have no significant mismatches that they can exploit.

6) The Rockets don’t do well with lots of perimeter pressure and tend to play dumb ball down the stretch, especially Harden, as seen in the game in Boston.

For all these reasons, I think we matchup well with Houston.

« Reply #2271 on: May 16, 2018, 11:24:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Don’t know if they can pull it off but Boston would match up really well with g State

Hate to sound pessimistic, but Golden State would overwhelm us and win in 5.

Now if we played HOU... I think we actually got a chance to take them in 6.

Of course though, first got to win the Cleveland series! (Long way to go still)

That's my feeling as well. We got a shot against Houston. The Rockets would crush us though.

The Rockets would crush us? With our defense we could smother their ISO-ball for the most part IMO.

Not guaranteeing we beat them but we got a solid chance still.

I meant the Warriors would crush us

Well, I don’t know about crush, but it is difficult for me to see us winning that series.

As for Houston, though, I think we matchup really, really well with them, and that’s a 50/50 series imo.
can you go into detail why you think the rockets are better matchup

Similar to Cleveland in many ways:

1) We have the size/length/athleticism advantage at virtually every position.

2) In order to win, Houston MUST hit threes at a high clip, yet we’re the best team in the league with perimeter defense and guarding the three.

3) We have the premier Harden stopper in the league in Smart (seriously, look at the stats at how well Smart has guarded Harden the last several years). We also have several other guys in Brown, Semi, and even Morris who can make things really difficult for Harden. It’s similar to how we have several guys to throw at Lebron in this series.

4) We’ll have two excellent starting lineups to use that are super-switchable that matchup very well with their starting lineup: Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Morris and Al or Rozier, Smart, Brown, Tatum, and Morris.

5) There are several mismatches to exploit with Houston, primarily their backcourt in Harden (poor D) and Paul (short stature). Outside of Moose, who will barely play in a Houston series, we legitimately have no significant mismatches that they can exploit.

6) The Rockets don’t do well with lots of perimeter pressure and tend to play dumb ball down the stretch, especially Harden, as seen in the game in Boston.

For all these reasons, I think we matchup well with Houston.
tp good points all around

« Reply #2272 on: May 16, 2018, 11:26:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rockets and GSW play terrible offense

pure isolation

Celts offense seems so much more advanced

« Reply #2273 on: May 16, 2018, 11:26:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Only won team hasn't lost in the conference finals.

« Reply #2274 on: May 16, 2018, 11:27:08 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Did GSW lost this one because they were content they got their customary split in Houston?
Or the Rockets played well enough to get this blow out.

The Warriors I think are just like the Cavs, except with really a very good supporting cast...
Shut down the rest of the Warriors like Curry and Thompson and let KD get his 30points and you have a chance...Now its hard to shut an all star like Curry and Thomson but its doable, again make them work hard on both ends. The Warriors are not completely invincible.. All teams have their Kryptonites.

« Reply #2275 on: May 16, 2018, 11:29:50 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
getting pretty chippy at the end of this game.  tech by Durant shoving harden out of bounds, now Green shoved Ariza.

Tech on Durant was for the late call.  Green OTOH gave Ariza a 2 handed shove in open court which warranted a Flagrant 1.

GSW looked tired at the end.  Other than Durant who had 36 by the end of the 3rd (but only 2 in the 4th), Curry looks like a shell of his normal self, Klay T threw up bricks and Green was pretty much a non-factor.  Even their bench (Iggy, Livingston, etc.) played with little fire.

Houston has a legit shot at upsetting the GSW
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:37:48 PM by BlastFromThePast »

« Reply #2276 on: May 16, 2018, 11:34:08 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
this game means nothing to GSW, remember how they allowed Pels to destroy them their first game in their place? IMO GSW got the win to steal home court adv and they put in max effort to get, now they can just win at home and not be worried. g2 letdown.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2277 on: May 16, 2018, 11:38:59 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
this game means nothing to GSW, remember how they allowed Pels to destroy them their first game in their place? IMO GSW got the win to steal home court adv and they put in max effort to get, now they can just win at home and not be worried. g2 letdown.

I agree with you Shak.  Rockets are going to struggle to find a way to win on the road.  Until that happens GS is going to win this.

« Reply #2278 on: May 16, 2018, 11:39:14 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Let's see if Rockets can win in hostile territory in Oracle Arena.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2279 on: May 16, 2018, 11:40:53 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
getting pretty chippy at the end of this game.  tech by Durant shoving harden out of bounds, now Green shoved Ariza.

Tech on Durant was for the late call.  Green OTOH gave Ariza a 2 handed shove in open court which warranted a Flagrant 1.

GSW looked tired at the end.  Other than Durant who had 36 by the end of the 3rd (but only 2 in the 4th), Curry looks like a shell of his normal self, Klay T threw up bricks and Green was pretty much a non-factor.  Even their bench (Iggy, Livingston, etc.) played with little fire.

Houston has a legit shot at upsetting the GSW

Until Rockets can prove they can get a win in GS, I think this is GS in 6.