Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 275688 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #1020 on: April 24, 2018, 12:54:24 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
This Jazz team is really easy to root for.

« Reply #1021 on: April 24, 2018, 12:55:33 AM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Westbrook is really getting exposed this series. It is bad when Mitt Romney starts taughting him.

If you swapped Rondo with Westbrook when the playoffs started what would things look like now?
Been thinking the same thing.

« Reply #1022 on: April 24, 2018, 12:55:45 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Paul George is signing elsewhere and Billy Donovan is gonna be the fall guy.

Still, Westbrook + Adams should get you 41+ games for the next 3-4 years at least, so they're not doomed as long as they're OK with not actually contending.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1023 on: April 24, 2018, 12:56:35 AM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Is Russell trying to get tossed so he wont have to do a presser?

« Reply #1024 on: April 24, 2018, 12:58:19 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Well coached, share the ball, play good defense, their lead scorer is a rookie so there's a newness factor there ... lots of things about them that are easy to like.

Joe Ingles is one of my favorite players.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1025 on: April 24, 2018, 01:00:10 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Well coached, share the ball, play good defense, their lead scorer is a rookie so there's a newness factor there ... lots of things about them that are easy to like.

Joe Ingles is one of my favorite players.

Reminds me of our team last year. If we had a Gobert instead of a Kelly we would've gone to the finals.

« Reply #1026 on: April 24, 2018, 01:00:52 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Man, that Crowder ejection was weak....

« Reply #1027 on: April 24, 2018, 01:12:04 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I may be in the minority here, but I want OKC to take this series. I have no interest in seeing PG in LA + I just want to shut Utah media up.

I don't get that team.  When did Rubio become a sniper?  The commentator on my feed just called him the Spanish Samurai.  And Ingles is somehow a studmuffin.  He's besting George and talking trash for two games now on top of it.

What does that even mean, lol? ;D

« Reply #1028 on: April 24, 2018, 01:12:25 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Man, that Crowder ejection was weak....

Yeah Adams was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Jae didn't see him.  OKC is getting away with so many fouls and so much slapping and holding.  Karma is served tonight big time.

« Reply #1029 on: April 24, 2018, 01:14:12 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Westbrook is really getting exposed this series. It is bad when Mitt Romney starts taughting him.

WAT? :o I completely missed this, lol ;D.

« Reply #1030 on: April 24, 2018, 01:14:13 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Paul George is signing elsewhere and Billy Donovan is gonna be the fall guy.

Still, Westbrook + Adams should get you 41+ games for the next 3-4 years at least, so they're not doomed as long as they're OK with not actually contending.

So playing .500 while missing the playoffs and not being able to add anyone good and probably not see a top-10 pick for several years is something to be happy with? They won’t even be able to trade Westbrook with that contract.

Adams is a stud though. Really like his game and personality.

That said, I can’t think of many (if any) teams with a worse forecast than OKC. Small market, no true prospects, drastically-overpaid aging star. They will never be contenders with RW as their best player. It’s debatable whether they could ever attract a star better than him, and now it’s severely unlikely they could ever afford him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #1031 on: April 24, 2018, 01:16:11 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The Jazz just put this game away with some massive bombs!

« Reply #1032 on: April 24, 2018, 01:19:53 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

If you swapped Rondo with Westbrook when the playoffs started what would things look like now?

Great observation - TP :). If Rondo played with George, PG would easily average 30-35 ppg in the playoffs, lol ;D.

Utah is fun to watch.  They actually play as a team and all of them know their roles.  I am enjoying watching them destroy OKC.

I thought about this during the regular season, but can you imagine if Hayward had elected to stay there? Holy crap :o. Utah still would have gotten Mitchell and Rubio, and wow, just wow. That team might have won it all, this year.

« Reply #1033 on: April 24, 2018, 01:21:55 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Great observation - TP :). If Rondo played with George, PG would easily average 30-35 ppg in the playoffs, lol ;D.

Utah is fun to watch.  They actually play as a team and all of them know their roles.  I am enjoying watching them destroy OKC.

I thought about this during the regular season, but can you imagine if Hayward had elected to stay there? Holy crap :o. Utah still would have gotten Mitchell and Rubio, and wow, just wow. That team might have won it all, this year.

Ehhh let's not get carried away. They still had to go through the other brutal West, and then the likes of Houston and Golden State, who are the true NBA Finalists in the Western Conference Finals.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1034 on: April 24, 2018, 01:22:33 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
#5 Jazz vs #6 Pelicans Western Conference Finals  8)

Who needs superteams when you got no-namers and rookies making noise.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)