Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 276048 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #975 on: April 23, 2018, 07:06:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
So is the Celtics game tomorrow on NBC Sports Boston or whatever its called now, since its not on TNT?

« Reply #976 on: April 23, 2018, 07:11:06 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
So is the Celtics game tomorrow on NBC Sports Boston or whatever its called now, since its not on TNT?

In the Boston area, technically only Mike and Tommy will cover the game since NBATV is doing the broadcast for the out of market locations. Therefore in Boston and surrounding areas, NBCSN is the exclusive network for Game 5.
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #977 on: April 23, 2018, 07:31:58 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

In the Boston area, technically only Mike and Tommy will cover the game since NBATV is doing the broadcast for the out of market locations. Therefore in Boston and surrounding areas, NBCSN is the exclusive network for Game 5.

THANK YOU! I'm totally fine with being a homer because watching TNT is like doing my taxes.
ok fine

« Reply #978 on: April 23, 2018, 07:34:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Thank god, lol, and TP for the info :).

« Reply #979 on: April 23, 2018, 07:53:54 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Awesome! I love Mike and Tommy, and Scal too!

« Reply #980 on: April 23, 2018, 08:50:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
TWolves are finally using KAT on the switch down low.

Also Derrick Rose continues to play well, which is good to see
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #981 on: April 23, 2018, 09:07:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I've been very impressed with Rose in the playoffs, even if he might only be playing for dat next contract, lol ;D. Still, I'd rather have him out there in the postseason, and especially in place of Jeff Teague ::).

« Reply #982 on: April 23, 2018, 09:32:36 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

I've been very impressed with Rose in the playoffs, even if he might only be playing for dat next contract, lol ;D. Still, I'd rather have him out there in the postseason, and especially in place of Jeff Teague ::).

Celtics could've used THIS Derrick Rose for the postseason. Not Terry Rozier or Shane Larkin.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #983 on: April 23, 2018, 09:51:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I still don't believe in Harden.  For as talented as he is, he's been an equally impressive choker.

Also, our young'ns are making KAT look overrated.  I'm not sure if Brown is on an unsustainable hot streak, but that dude is really good. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #984 on: April 23, 2018, 10:14:01 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Celtics could've used THIS Derrick Rose for the postseason. Not Terry Rozier or Shane Larkin.

I'd take Rose over Larkin, but not over Rozier, especially defensively. I've never been a fan of Rose and always thought that he was overrated and a punk, but that was some years ago. now, and if he can still play like this he'd make one hell of a 6th man for someone, as long as said team doesn't rely on him to be a point guard, lol.

« Reply #985 on: April 23, 2018, 10:18:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I still don't believe in Harden.  For as talented as he is, he's been an equally impressive choker.

Also, our young'ns are making KAT look overrated.  I'm not sure if Brown is on an unsustainable hot streak, but that dude is really good.

I tend to agree on Towns. Dude just doesn't have that dominant personality/fire that you need to be the number one option, imo, and his defense is awful. Justin Patton, on the other hand...

Oh Thibs, can I possibly interest you in Uncle Drew? ;D

« Reply #986 on: April 23, 2018, 10:31:44 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I tend to agree on Towns. Dude just doesn't have that dominant personality/fire that you need to be the number one option, imo, and his defense is awful. Justin Patton, on the other hand...

Oh Thibs, can I possibly interest you in Uncle Drew? ;D

Nah, I don't know that he does.  Maybe that develops organically as guys become closer to meeting their potential, fighting for deep playoff runs, etc.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:40:16 PM by tarheelsxxiii »

« Reply #987 on: April 23, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Wow, how bout them Rockets. Set a historic night in Minnesota scoring 50 points in the 3rd quarter.

Rockets lead series 3-1.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #988 on: April 23, 2018, 11:11:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wow, how bout them Rockets. Set a historic night in Minnesota scoring 50 points in the 3rd quarter.

Rockets lead series 3-1.
Thibs, the "genius" behind the 2008 Celtics world championship defense, proves once again, he probably isn't nearly as good a defensive coach as his reputation makes him out to be.

« Reply #989 on: April 23, 2018, 11:20:34 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Rockets lead series 3-1.
Thibs, the "genius" behind the 2008 Celtics world championship defense, proves once again, he probably isn't nearly as good a defensive coach as his reputation makes him out to be.

Agree with you here, Kawhi.  I'm not even sure a coach adds much beyond the superior defensive talents of a player, such as yourself.