Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 275649 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #960 on: April 22, 2018, 11:54:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Any one notice DJ Wilson on the sidelines today?

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #961 on: April 22, 2018, 11:56:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Kenny Smith just said that Lebron has taken his teams to 9 straight NBA finals
can he not count??

Boston in 2010
Miami 2011
Miami 2012
Miami 2013
Miami 2014
Clev 2015
Clev 2016
Clev 2017

Maybe this is new "lebron" math

It's that UNC education....lol

I mean 7 is impressive enough, we don't have to spot him 2 extras.

Kenny has seen the script...you have not.

« Reply #962 on: April 23, 2018, 12:45:14 AM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
The reason the NFL never has to worry about the NBA overtaking it in popularity was shown today with the disgraceful officiating that cost the Celtics ad Pacers 3-1 series leads.  Even if they continue their path to 2 hand touch, keep pushing false narratives and Liberal political nonsense, and keep changing the rules on what a catch is the NFL will forever dominate the NBA solely based off of the criminal behavior of NBA refs.

« Reply #963 on: April 23, 2018, 01:02:06 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The reason the NFL never has to worry about the NBA overtaking it in popularity was shown today with the disgraceful officiating that cost the Celtics ad Pacers 3-1 series leads.  Even if they continue their path to 2 hand touch, keep pushing false narratives and Liberal political nonsense, and keep changing the rules on what a catch is the NFL will forever dominate the NBA solely based off of the criminal behavior of NBA refs.

I can't read the game threads.  How do folks believe the refs cost the Celtics this game?  When Jaylen tried to finish in transition at ~30 sec?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #964 on: April 23, 2018, 01:13:36 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I can't read the game threads.  How do folks believe the refs cost the Celtics this game?  When Jaylen tried to finish in transition at ~30 sec?
I didn't watch the game, but people have said he was fouled by Middleton.

Again, I haven't even seen the clip, but that's what I've seen said.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #965 on: April 23, 2018, 01:46:06 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Jaylen was fouled by Middleton, clearly. Jaylen is putting up monster numbers but not getting any respect from the officials.

« Reply #966 on: April 23, 2018, 07:12:26 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
The foul on Brown wasn't the only mistake in the last 4 5 possession though..... if we want to be honest that is ....

« Reply #967 on: April 23, 2018, 08:05:02 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Kenny Smith just said that Lebron has taken his teams to 9 straight NBA finals
can he not count??

Boston in 2010
Miami 2011
Miami 2012
Miami 2013
Miami 2014
Clev 2015
Clev 2016
Clev 2017

Maybe this is new "lebron" math

It's that UNC education....lol

I mean 7 is impressive enough, we don't have to spot him 2 extras.

Kenny has seen the script...you have not.

HAHA TP that was awesome!
ok fine

« Reply #968 on: April 23, 2018, 01:45:32 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Anyone not surprised at Toronto? #1 seed, fully healthy but still can't take advantage of taking a commanding lead. They look like their annual postseason meltdown team.

That series could go to 7 games, each team winning at home. Just like last year's Celtics vs Wizards lol!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #969 on: April 23, 2018, 01:56:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Anyone not surprised at Toronto? #1 seed, fully healthy but still can't take advantage of taking a commanding lead. They look like their annual postseason meltdown team.

That series could go to 7 games, each team winning at home. Just like last year's Celtics vs Wizards lol!

They're like the NBA version of the Washington Capitals.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #970 on: April 23, 2018, 03:38:30 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

They're like the NBA version of the Washington Capitals.
That's not a nice thing to say lol.

Though honestly they have a loooong way to go to reach Caps-levels of futility. The Caps have missed the playoffs just 7 times in the last 35 years.

They've blown 2-game playoff series leads ten (TEN!!!!) times. They've won their division 10 of the last 18 years. They lead the league in points 3 times during that stretch and came close several other times.

And yet they ultimately lose - painfully - every single year.

Tony Kornheiser affectionately calls them "the choking dogs."

The Raps do bear some similarities, but they will need to do a lot of work to reach those levels of spectacular failure.

Here's a nice little overview of the Caps' playoff collapses by Grantland:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-storied-tradition-of-capitals-collapses/

« Reply #971 on: April 23, 2018, 03:50:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The foul on Brown wasn't the only mistake in the last 4 5 possession though..... if we want to be honest that is ....

That turned out to be a 5 point swing with The Celtics up. Also on that play where else could all three officials be looking. If that had been another star player they would've gotten that call 100% of the time. It's going to take a while before Jaylen is considered a star player but he's playing like one in these playoffs.

« Reply #972 on: April 23, 2018, 05:14:07 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

The NBA announces the Bucks should have been called for a foul on Jaylen Brown’s drive in the final minute. Middleton hit his arm.

« Reply #973 on: April 23, 2018, 06:23:42 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

The NBA announces the Bucks should have been called for a foul on Jaylen Brown’s drive in the final minute. Middleton hit his arm.

To be honest, I’m over these reports. I don’t understand the point of them.

Unless they want to resume the game from that point and have Jaylen shoot two free throws, who really cares? Game’s over, series is now tied.

Is there a moral victory we should take out of this? Does this report mean the refs will not blow calls moving forward? These L2M reports irk fans more than anything. I wish they wouldn’t release them publicly.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #974 on: April 23, 2018, 06:56:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
If Minnesota wins tonight, does the West all of a sudden feel a bit open?