Author Topic: Trump announces military retaliation on Syria  (Read 1701 times)

Re: Trump announces military retaliation on Syria
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2018, 08:29:10 PM »

Online Beat LA

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
  • Mr. Emoji
Let's not forget the man is a murderer and has killed his political enemies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/23/here-are-ten-critics-of-vladimir-putin-who-died-violently-or-in-suspicious-ways/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.841d712b0501

Or that he used a chemical weapon/nerve agent in an attempt to murder a former Russian spy

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/03/putin-highly-nerve-agent-attack-boris-johnson-180316142602684.html&ved=2ahUKEwiY_LL43bzaAhUSNd8KHfCsDqEQFjAFegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1DD9IStJbX9aLaxuySVbCV

In regards to the first article, and, again, I'm certainly not willing to rule anything out and would not be surprised in the least if Putin had either ordered the hits or was somehow involved, but among those listed, I think it's important to understand that there are many other factors at play in regards to those who settled in the UK, for example, so it's not necessarily black and white, and in terms of the latest poisoning, well, again, there are too many inconsistencies from the official explanation to come to any kind of a definitive ruling, imo.
I really don't see where you are coming up with all these doubts that Putin, a malevolent dictator who's political enemies just so happened to die from suspicious origins or were outright murdered, BY THE DOZENS, is this nice guy who is being painted in a bad light by several western governments, their intelligence services and the press around the world. Its baffling.

Every single intelligence agency in the US and Britain say the Russians interfered in the US presidential election and the Brexit vote. Facebook says they have proof of this. What's to doubt?

I just don't get your defense of Putin and Russian based on the huge amount of evidence against them.

Hold on, I'm not saying that the Russians didn't interfere in the 2016 election, and I voted for Hillary, by the way, haha, I'm just saying that the full impact is still unknown insofar as to just how effective their efforts were in hurting Clinton. Is that fair to say? You don't have to worry, or anything, as I'm certainly not a bot, but Russian history has long been an interest of mine, and as such, I concede that my views are probably not very popular, here.

Still, when it comes to the assassinations of journalists and politicians in Russia, I think it's important to point out that these murders are not limited to Putin's time in office, as Russia has had these problems since the 1990s. The difference, however, is that with that western lackey known as Yeltsin "in control" during said time period, if any bad news ever came out of Russia, well, this was the usual response, at best, unfortunately -

Admittedly, I don't even know what I don't know, lol, when it comes to everything pertaining to Russian history since the end of the Cold War, let alone in general, despite my longstanding interest thereof, but from what I've read and watched, which I'd like to think is at least a decent amount for a beginner, so to speak, the reality is very different than that which has been presented in terms of all things Russia in this country since 1991.

Re: Trump announces military retaliation on Syria
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2018, 08:31:54 PM »

Online Beat LA

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
  • Mr. Emoji
What do you think a fair perspective of Putin is?

Itís interesting that the narrative on Putin changed overnight as soon as Trump stood up to him. Previously, he was a former KGB, quasi-dictator engaged in human rights violations, election meddling and bribery, while propping up evil regimes and annexing the sovereign lands of other nations.

Now, heís suddenly a credible man of his word? If so, should we cancel the collusion probe, since Putin is credible and denied meddling?

I totally respect the idea of non-intervention in Syria. Iím just pretty confused by trusting Putin.

Words like legitimate and sovereignty are nice and all, but at the end of the day, that's all they are - words - unless you're willing to fight for them. The idea of sovereignty being an idea that is upheld by the United States is complete garbage, anyway, given that we violate the territorial integrity of countries around the world on the daily via drone strikes and then have the audacity to act like one of them getting shot down is an act of war. Like, seriously?

As for election meddling, I'm not ruling anything out and do believe that there's something to it insofar as Russian involvement is concerned. The only problem is that, despite all of the investigations that are either currently taking places or will be moving forward, that the true extent and effectiveness of such an operation may never be known, and this is not me saying this, this has been stated by Julia Ioffe, for example, who has covered Russia for years. I don't agree with a lot of what she says, but I just think that it's worth pointing out that even she is at least somewhat unsure/skeptical, here.

Finally, in terms of a fair assessment of Putin, I'm afraid that you're not looking at the whole picture with him. Not even close, but such is often the case in this country, unfortunately. Sigh.

If you're going to offer such harsh criticisms of US foreign policy you should at least attempt to offer some sort of proposed ideas for solutions.  Otherwise you just sound like someone with an axe to grind for no particular reason.

Are you saying that my criticism is without merit, and what would you like to know in terms of possible solutions?