Author Topic: Smart to return to play April 27? ( Update: game 6 being targeted)  (Read 11520 times)

Re: Smart to return to play April 27?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 08:17:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 08:45:44 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
There is possibly even a chance for a game six return. Here's a quote from Smart from the press conference before game 1:

"We're optimistic, but we're not going to rush anything," Smart said. "We're going to take it slow. So I think I have another doctor's appointment, checkup, in the next two weeks. We'll see what she says. If she clears us to be able to start a little bit earlier, than we might. But as of right now, Game 7 (or the) second round is the (goal)."

Game 6 is scheduled for April 26, if he is cleared 'a little bit earlier' then he might be available for that, assuming the series goes that long.

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2018, 04:53:22 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2018, 05:14:14 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2018, 05:36:44 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Smart targeting a game 6 return: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23286736/boston-celtics-guard-marcus-smart-thumb-re-evaluated

We need him for game 5

Yeah, it’d be a time crunch, but technically he’d be cleared on Tuesday and could play on Tuesday night, depending on what time his appointment is.

Even just sparse minutes off the bench Tuesday night would be so helpful.

Re: Smart to return to play April 27? ( Update: game 6 being targeted)
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I would like Smart to shut down Brogdon, he always seems to be a thorn in our side.

And I hate seeing the switches with Larkin and either Middleton or Parker. Smart can handle both of them.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 05:41:37 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Other than Dellavedova, its tough to hate this Bucks team. Giannis is a humble guy and makes the right plays, doesn't showboat, is not looking for trouble. Same for Middleton and Brogdon. Maker is KG's understudy of sorts, and Parker is doing his best to make a career for himself after twice tearing the same ACL. I kinda wish we were playing a more unlikeable group of players. I guess if we get past this round, we will soon enough when we face the Sixers.

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2018, 05:43:08 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Other than Dellavedova, its tough to hate this Bucks team. Giannis is a humble guy and makes the right plays, doesn't showboat, is not looking for trouble. Same for Middleton and Brogdon. Maker is KG's understudy of sorts, and Parker is doing his best to make a career for himself after twice tearing the same ACL. I kinda wish we were playing a more unlikeable group of players. I guess if we get past this round, we will soon enough when we face the Sixers.

I don't hate Della, but I am getting pretty sick of Drew Bledsoe and Thong Maker asking the crowd for more applause every time they manage to do their job.

I agree on Giannis, Parker, Middleton, brogdon.  All those guys have played really well for the bucks the last two games.  They are competing at a high level.

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 05:44:53 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I don't hate Della, but I am getting pretty sick of Drew Bledsoe and Thong Maker asking the crowd for more applause every time they manage to do their job.

That was a bit pathetic. Kinda felt sad for them.

Dellavedova though tries to hurt people. I can't back that guy in any way.

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2018, 05:48:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

That was a bit pathetic. Kinda felt sad for them.

Dellavedova though tries to hurt people. I can't back that guy in any way.

But it goes along with the confetti drops after home wins in the first round.  I didn't know Dellavedova was dirty.   Maybe I just haven't paid attention to him.

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2018, 05:51:15 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Delly is definitely an agitator and plays a pretty dirty style. Usually the least athletic and talented players have to play that way to stay in the league  ;)
ok fine

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2018, 06:03:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Eh, I like Giannis, but I get annoyed by how pampered he is by the refs and the league.

I really like Middleton, though, and always have. Always wanted him as a C. He’s a humble guy that has always been under appreciated, and this series has brought him some well-deserved attention.

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2018, 06:13:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Eh, I like Giannis, but I get annoyed by how pampered he is by the refs and the league.

I really like Middleton, though, and always have. Always wanted him as a C. He’s a humble guy that has always been under appreciated, and this series has brought him some well-deserved attention.

Yeah, agreed with all this. That said, it's also easy to root hard against Bledsoe!  :laugh:

Anyways, I get the feeling Smart comes back for Game 6. You can tell he's itching to get back out there, and when CBS and Ainge are feeling real good about Smart's progress, that's a good sign too. Obviously don't want to rush it, but he'll get evaluated Tuesday. If he checks out, he's playing Game 6, regardless what happens Game 5.

With all the injuries and watching guys like Larkin having to defend Middleton at times, I think having Smart back is a big bonus (also when it comes to dealing with Delly out there).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2018, 07:14:34 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I would like Smart to shut down Brogdon, he always seems to be a thorn in our side.

And I hate seeing the switches with Larkin and either Middleton or Parker. Smart can handle both of them.

I think Smart not being on the floor is really showing how important he is despite his offensive inconsistencies.

There was at least 10 to 15 points that the Bucks guards or bigs blew by or shot over Rozier and LArkin. Rozier reaches too much at times and lets his guy get a step.

Replacing Larkin with Smart could be a huge lift.

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Will Smart be wearing a lobster bib with Delly on it because he is going to eat that dudes lunch!