Author Topic: 2018 Red Sox Thread  (Read 48439 times)

2018 Red Sox Thread
« on: April 12, 2018, 11:09:04 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
What a wild start to the season!

Especially to see the old Red Sox-Yankees rivalry being renewed after last night's game. Joe Kelly and Tyler Austin be brawling and earning themselves several game suspensions. Now this is a rivalry to enjoy!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: 2018 Red Sox Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:06:49 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Love it!

Baseball is better when these teams hate eachother. Stanton, Judge, Sanchez, Tanaka, Severino, Chapman vs. Price, Sale, Betts, Martinez, Kimbrel

Big names, great teams, a ton of hatred and NY vs Boston. Terrific for baseball. This lack of teeth in this rivalry has hurt the game.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 12:07:14 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
What a wild start to the season!

Especially to see the old Red Sox-Yankees rivalry being renewed after last night's game. Joe Kelly and Tyler Austin be brawling and earning themselves several game suspensions. Now this is a rivalry to enjoy!

Great to get the series win!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 04:51:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sox are looking like the best team in baseball right now. Bats are exploding. Starting pitching has been excellent. Starting to get really excited about the possibilities of this year.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 05:24:04 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Sox are looking like the best team in baseball right now. Bats are exploding. Starting pitching has been excellent. Starting to get really excited about the possibilities of this year.

It's been a fantastic start to the season, and it seems the offense is clicking as much as the starting pitching. They're rolling right now.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 05:45:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

It's been a fantastic start to the season, and it seems the offense is clicking as much as the starting pitching. They're rolling right now.
Too early to say that they're peaking too early?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 06:07:55 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Too early to say that they're peaking too early?

Well, the early bird does get the worm, so is it ever too early? ;D

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 01:30:08 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
The Red Sox are scary good this year. I could see 105-110 wins this year.

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 02:36:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Best start ever

If the Redsox could trade Pedroia they should

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 02:40:08 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Best start ever

My heart doesn't want to see him traded—he's a great teammate, works really hard, and has contributed a lot over the years.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 02:43:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Best start ever

I actually can't wait to get Pedroia back. He's an elite 2nd baseman defensively and is probably still a better hitter than Nunez. Besides, he has more value to this team than he does around the league. Baseball trades are very different than other sports trades. The Sox just won't get much back for him. Better to keep him.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 10:35:17 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Incredible start this year, crossing my fingers the starting pitching holds up. A bit worried about peaking this early, we've had historic meltdowns in years past.

Glad to see that it seem like Price (though I hope he's not injured, haven't checked last few days) and Porcello are pitching well. Rodriguez has some good stuff, but needs to be more consistent. And I like Velazquez. We'll see also when Pomeranz gets back.

In all, I'm just glad that our bats have woken up lately. It's been a cool early season so far.

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Starting pitching already stellar, about to get Pomerantz back.

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 11:00:51 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
The start they have had this year defies logic. It takes me way back to a certain year in the 70's that I will not mention due to childhood trauma from the collapse they did after having a huge lead in the division. I think we might have found a coach that will help us win a few more Series in the coming years. He could be a unicorn- time will tell.

What is not to love about our pitching and hitting as well. We appear to be stacked so far.

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 07:57:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Random baseball thought of the day: not sure which name worse for a pitcher, Homer Bailey or Walker Buehler...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."