Author Topic: So It's Milwaukee  (Read 3599 times)

Re: So It's Milwaukee
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Brad needs to stick with a shortened rotation and if at all possible avoid playing our end of the bench players (esp Nader and Allen).  Larkin's defensive liabilities concern me also, but we're clearly going to need minutes from him.

Yeah, I don't want to see scrubs like Ojeleye, Yabusele, Nader, Bird, or Allen out there at all. These guys have no place in a playoff game. The latter three don't even belong on a NBA roster, period.

I could live with Larkin getting minutes, and there really isn't any other choice.

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 12:32:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Brad needs to stick with a shortened rotation and if at all possible avoid playing our end of the bench players (esp Nader and Allen).  Larkin's defensive liabilities concern me also, but we're clearly going to need minutes from him.

Yeah, I don't want to see scrubs like Ojeleye, Yabusele, Nader, Bird, or Allen out there at all. These guys have no place in a playoff game. The latter three don't even belong on a NBA roster, period.

No worries on Bird or Allen as they are two-way players who aren't eligible for the playoffs. I would certainly take Bird on the roster, though, as he provides a different pace, strong shooting, and elite athleticism.

Of course Ojeleye is going to get lots of minutes - he has been a part of the rotation all year long. He shouldn't be lumped in with Nader and Yabusele as those two hopefully won't see the floor much (would MUCH prefer Yab to Nader, though).
I could live with Larkin getting minutes, and there really isn't any other choice.

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 12:44:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

No worries on Bird or Allen as they are two-way players who aren't eligible for the playoffs. I would certainly take Bird on the roster, though, as he provides a different pace, strong shooting, and elite athleticism.

Of course Ojeleye is going to get lots of minutes - he has been a part of the rotation all year long. He shouldn't be lumped in with Nader and Yabusele as those two hopefully won't see the floor much (would MUCH prefer Yab to Nader, though).

Ojeleye has been every bit as bad as the rest of those scrubs. Every minute he is on the court is painful to watch.

He might very well be a useful player someday, but that someday is not today.

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 06:05:26 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Ojeleye has been every bit as bad as the rest of those scrubs. Every minute he is on the court is painful to watch.

As the Celtics look for different bodies to throw at Giannis all series, I expect it will indeed be today (this series, that is). Semi's combination of strength and footspeed will definitely make him useful.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 07:14:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

As the Celtics look for different bodies to throw at Giannis all series, I expect it will indeed be today (this series, that is). Semi's combination of strength and footspeed will definitely make him useful.

We'll see.  I'm not very hopeful that he's going to be a positive contributor.

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 09:05:04 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I am also a skeptic on Semi, I  hope he'll prove me wrong, but right now I have to agree that normally we wouldn't want him playing much. I see the rotation as Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Baynes, and Horford to start, with Larkin, Morris, Monroe off the bench. I think Semi will see some time in this series as they will want to throw as many bodies at Giannis as they can.

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 08:59:09 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
This was a nice win today against a decent team. Beating a good team without Kyrie or Smart is a sign others are stepping up. Especially Rozier, who will have to play Kyrie's role.

These guys are trying hard, and they have a great coach. I don't know if they can get out of the first round, or the East, but the effort will be there and they will be among the elite 60 win teams next year.

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 09:00:50 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I am also a skeptic on Semi, I  hope he'll prove me wrong, but right now I have to agree that normally we wouldn't want him playing much. I see the rotation as Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Baynes, and Horford to start, with Larkin, Morris, Monroe off the bench. I think Semi will see some time in this series as they will want to throw as many bodies at Giannis as they can.

I can't wait to see Semi (and Larkin) moved out of the rotation once Smart comes back
I'm bitter.

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2018, 09:11:35 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Hopefully, this game tonight showcased Kyrie Irving that he should stay long-term with the Celtics. The guys fight hard.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2018, 09:38:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hopefully, this game tonight showcased Kyrie Irving that he should stay long-term with the Celtics. The guys fight hard.

TP....i was thinking the same ......and inspire Gordon too.

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 01:13:33 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Is that even something anyone is worried about?

In the 17 years I've followed the C's, there's only one significant player I can recall voluntarily leaving here disgruntled: Ray Allen.

Other guys leave for more money or a bigger role, and now that Brad is at the helm, most rave about him as a coach.

I cannot see a reason Kyrie would leave. He has the role he craves, the help he needs, the coach he wants, and the city/franchise to make him an NBA legend.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 01:20:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Is that even something anyone is worried about?

In the 17 years I've followed the C's, there's only one significant player I can recall voluntarily leaving here disgruntled: Ray Allen.

Other guys leave for more money or a bigger role, and now that Brad is at the helm, most rave about him as a coach.

I cannot see a reason Kyrie would leave. He has the role he craves, the help he needs, the coach he wants, and the city/franchise to make him an NBA legend.
I'm with you - not worried at all about him leaving
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2018, 03:14:47 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Through 3 games, Milwaukee is shooting 55% from the floor and 44% from 3, they've scored at least 106 points every game, and the Celtics are up 2-1. If the C's can put together a couple of good defensive outings, they shouldn't have any trouble putting Milwaukee away but we haven't seen it yet from them.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008