Author Topic: So It's Milwaukee  (Read 3607 times)

So It's Milwaukee
« on: April 12, 2018, 11:08:26 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I've been confused as to why this team wasn't better this season. Giannis is an MVP candidate, Khris Middleton is a borderline all star, Eric Bledsoe is good, Tony Snell and Malcolm Brogdon are decent role players. Is it really just the coaching? Hopefully they don't discover something and put it all together in the next couple of days.

Should be a fun series. It'll be fun to watch Giannis do freak things. If the Celtics play the kind of basketball they've played all year, they shouldn't have too much of a problem, even without Kyrie and Smart.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: So It's Milwaukee
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 12:04:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
this season, the two teams played four times and the results were:

Bucks 108
Celtics 100

Celtics 96
Bucks 89

Bucks 100
Celtics 111

Celtics 102
Bucks 106
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:34:20 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Grit and grind will win the series and we know who has it.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 12:35:49 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Al Horford is the Key.  My memory is that he defends the Freak very well!

Also Rozier and Larkin have been getting good shots lately, and taking good shots but missing shots that are shots they should make.  Focus and confidence from our 2 remaining PG's.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
The two game we lost.
First game after losing Hayward
A game where ALL our PG were out- Stevens was experimenting with Tatum and Monroe running the offense!

So not so bad I guess.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 12:57:35 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
We will witness The freak got exposed, this era you need to be able to shoot to save your life, the same will goes to Simmons

On the other hand my guess  is next year both Hayward and Irving expand their range way outside the Arc and we will be killing

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 01:03:20 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
It's funny to think about how the C's playoff path would have been different had they not changed the rules in recent years.

Up until the 2007 season, the 3 division winners were guaranteed the 3 top seeds.  So under those rules it would have been:

1. TOR vs 8. WAS
4. BOS vs 5. PHI

2. CLE vs 7. MIL
3. MIA vs 6. IND

I feel like this would be the hardest path for Boston, easiest path for Cleveland.  I guess I'm getting old, because it seems like just a few seasons ago when those were still the rules.

Then up until the 2016 season, it was division winners were guaranteed a top 4 seed.  So it would have been

1. TOR vs 8. WAS
4. MIA vs 5. PHI (though Philly would still have home court).

2. BOS vs 7. MIL
3. CLE vs 6. IND

Not like any path is going to be easy for the hobbled C's, but I still prefer the actual, current bracket to this one (from a C's fan perspective at least). 

Just thought it might be interesting to look at how different the brackets would look under past rules.  I really want to see a CLE/PHI matchup, just not in the ECF, under no scenario did that pop up though.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 01:03:38 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Al Horford is the Key.  My memory is that he defends the Freak very well!

Also Rozier and Larkin have been getting good shots lately, and taking good shots but missing shots that are shots they should make.  Focus and confidence from our 2 remaining PG's.
I feel like Giannis averaged around 35 ppg against the Celts this year.  So frankly, nobody defends him very well.

But Al tries, and makes him work, which is about all we can ask I guess.  Just don't let the others go off and we're good.

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 01:12:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I've been confused as to why this team wasn't better this season. Giannis is an MVP candidate, Khris Middleton is a borderline all star, Eric Bledsoe is good, Tony Snell and Malcolm Brogdon are decent role players. Is it really just the coaching? Hopefully they don't discover something and put it all together in the next couple of days.

Should be a fun series. It'll be fun to watch Giannis do freak things. If the Celtics play the kind of basketball they've played all year, they shouldn't have too much of a problem, even without Kyrie and Smart.

They don’t have enough shooting imo. Also their defense is poor. Giannis is great but not a great shooter.
Bledsoe is a mediocre outside shooter. Middleton really is the only core guy who they can rely on for perimeter shooting, and they need it badly to spread the floor for Giannis and  Bledsoe

I think th key for us will be if Rozier, Brown and Tatum can maintain some consistency in their outside shooting. We know what we’re going to get from Al , Monroe and Morris

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 01:14:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Just so Hayward is ready to go in the finals against GS.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 01:21:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

The Bucks are more talented on paper than on the court. Coaching could be a huge part of this.

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 08:10:27 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
I'm honestly not looking forward to this series.  As glad as I am to have avoided the Wizards, trying to contain GA is no simple feat and I expect him to receive a lot of favorable calls from the refs.  As I posted in a different thread, he gets to the FT line far more often than anyone else in the league besides James Harden.  Watching him get the benefit of questionable calls was infuriating enough in our regular season games.  It's going to be worse in the playoffs.  If one of our key players - Tatum, Horford, Brown - gets into foul trouble early from guarding him, it's going to put a lot of strain on our depleted roster. 

Brad needs to stick with a shortened rotation and if at all possible avoid playing our end of the bench players (esp Nader and Allen).  Larkin's defensive liabilities concern me also, but we're clearly going to need minutes from him.

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 08:17:03 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Grit and grind and coaching will win the series and we know who has it.

TP, with an assist.

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 09:35:35 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
We have to keep Giannis out of the paint (same D as LeBUM) and hopefully Horford and Brown can do that...and the team D with Baynes in the lane can do that.

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 09:42:07 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I cannot wait for this series to begin! I am also happy I dont have to watch us vs. the Wiz in the first round as I have a big distaste for their team. Let them be a flea on the Raptors backs.

Brown's time is coming. Expect magical things from him this postseason!