Author Topic: 2018 Playoffs predictions thread  (Read 10295 times)

Re: 2018 Playoffs predictions thread
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 02:50:42 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Eastern Conference

Toronto Raptors (1) vs Washington Wizards (8} : Raptors in 7
Boston Celtics (2) vs Milwaukee Bucks (7) : Celtics in 7
Philadelphia Sixers (3) vs Miami Heat (6) : Heat in 6
Cleveland Cavaliers (4) vs Indiana Pacers (5) : Cavs in 4

Western Conference

Houston Rockets (1) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (8} : Rockets in 4
Golden State Warriors (2) vs San Antonio Spurs (7) : Warriors in 4
Portland Trailblazers (3) vs New Orleans Pelicans (6) : Trailblazers in 5
Oklahoma City Thunder (4) vs Utah Jazz (5) : Thunder in 5

I really hope this is not the case. 3 sweeps and two gentleman's sweeps? That would be a pretty crazy result for a season that was very competitive with many teams bunched together. Its not like there were several 37 win teams sneaking in. The only sweep I think has an ok chance is Warriors series.
I also had 3 sweeps and 2 gentlemen's sweeps though for the most part had different series having those.  For me, the matchups just weren't all that great.  Move a couple of teams around and I think things are a lot different, but I just don't see the 1st rounds as being very good this year. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 03:02:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Eastern Conference

Western Conference

I really hope this is not the case. 3 sweeps and two gentleman's sweeps? That would be a pretty crazy result for a season that was very competitive with many teams bunched together. Its not like there were several 37 win teams sneaking in. The only sweep I think has an ok chance is Warriors series.
I also had 3 sweeps and 2 gentlemen's sweeps though for the most part had different series having those.  For me, the matchups just weren't all that great.  Move a couple of teams around and I think things are a lot different, but I just don't see the 1st rounds as being very good this year.

I can't see Thunder vs Jazz, Portland vs Pelicans, Sixers Heat, Raps Wizards, Celtics Bucks being incredibly one sided. I would also be surprised if Cavs Pacers was not competitive, but that would I can at least believe.

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 03:11:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
A lot of people underrating the Sixers. They will beat Miami in 5 and have a great chance at beating whoever wins the Celtics-Bucks series

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Raptors vs Wizards = Raptors in 7
Celtics vs Bucks = Celtics in 5
76ers vs Heat = 76ers in 5
Cavs vs Pacers = Cavs in 4

Rockets vs Timberwolves = Rockets in 4
Warriors vs Spurs = Warriors in 4
Blazers vs Pelicans = Pelicans in 7
Thunder vs Jazz = Jazz in 6

Round 2
Raptors vs Cavs = Cavs in 4
Celtics vs 76ers = 76ers in 5

Rockets vs Jazz = Rockets in 5
Warriors vs Pelicans = Warriors in 5

Conference Finals
Cavs vs 76ers = Cavs in 5
Rockets vs Warriors = Warriors in 7

NBA Finals
Warriors vs Cavs = Warriors in 4

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 04:41:48 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
EC1R
Wizards in 7
Celtics in 6
Sixers in 7
Cavs in 5

WC1R
Rockets in 4
Warriors in 5
Blazers in 7
Thunder in 6

ECSF
Cavs over Wiz in 6
Celtics over Sixers in 7

WCSF
Rockets over Thunder in 6
Warriors over Blazers in 5

CF
Cavs over Celtics in 5
Rockets over Warriors in 7

F
Rockets over Cavs in 6
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 05:00:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Eastern Conference

Western Conference

I can't see Thunder vs Jazz, Portland vs Pelicans, Sixers Heat, Raps Wizards, Celtics Bucks being incredibly one sided. I would also be surprised if Cavs Pacers was not competitive, but that would I can at least believe.
The Thunder beat the Jazz pretty easily in 3 of the 4 games and the game the Jazz won was game 2 when the Thunder had a lot of chemistry issues.  I really don't think that series is going to be close.  The Thunder have way too much talent and a significant experience edge (though the Jazz have the better coach).  Portland and New Orleans should be a good series.  I'd be surprised if the Raptors struggled much at all with the Wizards.  Wall hasn't played much, Porter is currently injured, and frankly the Raptors are just a better team.  Unfortunately the C's and Bucks should be fairly competitive.  Despite winning the season series, I really can't see the Pacers challenging Cleveland at all, especially if the Cavs roll out their best lineup for the first time all season.  The Spurs, without Leonard, even without Curry for the Warriors should still be a pretty easy series for GS.  the Rockets are just better than the Wolves and I'm not sure how well Butler is going to hold up with him just coming back from injury.  A 100% healthy Butler and maybe it is a better closer series, but I don't think Butler is 100% and I'd pick Houston to win even if he was.

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 06:03:58 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
A lot of people underrating the Sixers. They will beat Miami in 5 and have a great chance at beating whoever wins the Celtics-Bucks series
I think the Bucks, Wiz and Pacers would have been better matchups for the Sixers especially while Embiid is out.  The Heat have a top 10 defense and play at a slow pace.  I think Spoelstra will have them slow it down even more.    The Sixers will have some issues defending Whiteside until Embiid gets back. 

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 03:27:20 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Eastern Conference

Western Conference

The Thunder beat the Jazz pretty easily in 3 of the 4 games and the game the Jazz won was game 2 when the Thunder had a lot of chemistry issues.  I really don't think that series is going to be close.  The Thunder have way too much talent and a significant experience edge (though the Jazz have the better coach).  Portland and New Orleans should be a good series.  I'd be surprised if the Raptors struggled much at all with the Wizards.  Wall hasn't played much, Porter is currently injured, and frankly the Raptors are just a better team.  Unfortunately the C's and Bucks should be fairly competitive.  Despite winning the season series, I really can't see the Pacers challenging Cleveland at all, especially if the Cavs roll out their best lineup for the first time all season.  The Spurs, without Leonard, even without Curry for the Warriors should still be a pretty easy series for GS.  the Rockets are just better than the Wolves and I'm not sure how well Butler is going to hold up with him just coming back from injury.  A 100% healthy Butler and maybe it is a better closer series, but I don't think Butler is 100% and I'd pick Houston to win even if he was.

Thunder jazz basically a pickem in Vegas for what it's worth

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 03:43:57 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
My picks for advancing to the 2nd round:

East:
Boston
Miami
Cleveland
Toronto

West:
OKC
Houston
GSW
Portland

"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 04:34:43 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
1st Round:

East
Raptors in 5
Celtics in 6
Miami in 6
Cavs in 6

West
Rockets in 5
Warriors in 5
Blazers in 7
Jazz in 6

Conference Semis:

East
Cavs in 6
Celtics in 6

West
Rockets in 5
Warriors in 4

Conference Finals:

East
Cavs in 6

West
Warriors in 6

NBA Finals:

Warriors in 5
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2018, 06:25:29 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Eastern Conference

Western Conference

Thunder jazz basically a pickem in Vegas for what it's worth
doesn't surprise me at all given the perception of the teams, but that seems like easy money to me.

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2018, 07:09:23 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
CP3 gets his ring.

Just hope Bron stays off the Rockets .

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2018, 07:10:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
EC1R
Wizards in 7
Celtics in 6
Sixers in 7
Cavs in 5

WC1R
Rockets in 4
Warriors in 5
Blazers in 7
Thunder in 6

ECSF
Cavs over Wiz in 6
Celtics over Sixers in 7

WCSF
Rockets over Thunder in 6
Warriors over Blazers in 5

CF
Cavs over Celtics in 5
Rockets over Warriors in 7

F
Rockets over Cavs in 6

This ^   read my mind

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 07:16:27 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Eastern Conference

Western Conference

Lebron might set a record for most 50 point games ever in playoffs .   He is super healthy , focused , and seems willing to play the post and rebound more than ever .  He is practically unstoppable inside IF that is where he really trying to score

He may average 40+ points a game from here on out ......they will,need that to advance most nights .

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2018, 07:52:59 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I don't have time for a full list this morning, but I don't think the Celts will get out of the first round.  Very interested to see what Philly brings to the table.
Yup