Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard Moving To Boston Celtics? Dwyane Wade Thinks So  (Read 24334 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard Moving To Boston Celtics? Dwyane Wade Thinks So
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2018, 11:11:58 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
What about to the Bucks?   Middleton plus someone (maybe Brogdon with other filler) for Kawhi.

Would help the Bucks take the next step.   Would give SA a prime player that would likely fit the culture. 

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2018, 11:17:49 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
What about to the Bucks?   Middleton plus someone (maybe Brogdon with other filler) for Kawhi.

Would help the Bucks take the next step.   Would give SA a prime player that would likely fit the culture.

A healthy Kawhi & Giannis on the same floor would be scary as heck. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

That's the sort of deal you only take if the player is insisting, CP3 style I think. Kawhi has a lot of leverage, but he's not at his option year yet to dictate that much.

« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2018, 11:29:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Yeah that's the sort of move the Bucks need to look for, get another elite player next to Giannis, especially one who is a secondary creator.

« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2018, 11:36:42 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yeah that's the sort of move the Bucks need to look for, get another elite player next to Giannis, especially one who is a secondary creator.

Those two out in transition on the open court during a fast break might legit kill someone. If nothing else, they'd set a new record for posterizations.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2018, 11:43:07 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't hate the Hayward and a pick for Kawhi idea. Don't know if Danny would do it, butadding Kawhi at SF to this team instead of Hayward...wow.

« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2018, 11:54:20 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I don't hate the Hayward and a pick for Kawhi idea. Don't know if Danny would do it, butadding Kawhi at SF to this team instead of Hayward...wow.

I would absolutely do that trade. I love Hayward, but Kawhi is clearly far better.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2018, 11:56:00 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

That is a terrible trade for San An though. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2018, 12:01:26 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Really?   26 year old player averaging 20 5 and 4 plus a 6-5 PG averaging 13 points (plus other player for salary and likely a draft pick)

For a player who is either really hurt or refusing to play for his current team. 

« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2018, 12:01:43 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Have to think the Spurs would ask for Middleton, Brogdon, and either Thon Maker, or a few draft picks.

Either way, why would the Spurs even want Middleton? If they trade Kawhi, they are looking to re-tool, (Middleton is a fringe All-star, but is he even that great of a player? Certainly downgraded expectations,) or completely re-build.

Really?   26 year old player averaging 20 5 and 4 plus a 6-5 PG averaging 13 points (plus other player for salary and likely a draft pick)

For a player who is either really hurt or refusing to play for his current team.

Have to keep in mind, there will be other teams that will offer more tantalizing prospects or assets.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2018, 12:11:37 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Have to think the Spurs would ask for Middleton, Brogdon, and either Thon Maker, or a few draft picks.

Either way, why would the Spurs even want Middleton? If they trade Kawhi, they are looking to re-tool, (Middleton is a fringe All-star, but is he even that great of a player? Certainly downgraded expectations,) or completely re-build.

Have to keep in mind, there will be other teams that will offer more tantalizing prospects or assets.
Yeah you've hit on my sentiments.  Middleton makes no sense for San Antonio and they would get a much better offer from other teams (whether it is a rebuilding offer or a win now offer).  The Sixers, for example, can put together a much better package without much issue.  Covington, Saric, and Fultz is much better than anything the Bucks can offer (outside of Giannis obviously).  Sixers can even take on some "bad" contracts if the Spurs would rather rebuild.  The Knicks can offer Hardaway, Frank N, and #9 for Leonard.  I'd rather have that then the Bucks offer.  Obviously the Celtics can put together a great package.  And despite what Pop may be saying, if the Lakers came with an offer of Ingram and Kuzma for Leonard, Leonard would be a Laker before he was a Buck.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2018, 08:37:21 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23366667/inside-tension-kawhi-leonard-spurs

It's starting to sound to me like maybe Kawhi has a really serious quad issue and I also don't really want any part of a guy with a camp that will always be looking for 2nd opinions and stuff like that.

I'd be fine with Kawhi once he makes it through a full season. But definitely not before.

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2018, 09:08:22 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Yeah you've hit on my sentiments.  Middleton makes no sense for San Antonio and they would get a much better offer from other teams (whether it is a rebuilding offer or a win now offer).  The Sixers, for example, can put together a much better package without much issue.  Covington, Saric, and Fultz is much better than anything the Bucks can offer (outside of Giannis obviously).  Sixers can even take on some "bad" contracts if the Spurs would rather rebuild.  The Knicks can offer Hardaway, Frank N, and #9 for Leonard.  I'd rather have that then the Bucks offer.  Obviously the Celtics can put together a great package.  And despite what Pop may be saying, if the Lakers came with an offer of Ingram and Kuzma for Leonard, Leonard would be a Laker before he was a Buck.   

The Spurs were one of the first teams to place a high value on personality type and confidence when considering various players for a team. Fultz does not match their organization in that way.

If they aren't interested in Fultz, the Spurs may still want Saric, but there is no one else on their roster (outside of Embiid and Simmons) that gives the Spurs enough value to make it happen.

The Lakers are a real possibility. If they could somehow create enough space to sign George and James, while trading for Leonard, that's a scary team, at least for a few years.

I think the Bucks could be in play. Middleton is really good at basketball. If the Bucks included Parker, Wilson, and/or Brogdon, I think the Spurs would think about it.

« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2018, 11:16:43 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I also don't really want any part of a guy with a camp that will always be looking for 2nd opinions and stuff like that.

Why? Shouldn’t we want guys that take care of their bodies?

If memory serves, Kyrie got a second opinion. I would assume that most players do.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2018, 11:19:22 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

If LAL offers Kuzma and Ingram BOTH (and some future pick), then Spurs are trading Leonard to them right away lol. They'd be foolish not to. Don't see anyone beating that to be honest either except *maybe* Phoenix (if their pick lands Top-2 and they are willing to package it AND add in a prospect like Bender/Jackson).

I also don't really want any part of a guy with a camp that will always be looking for 2nd opinions and stuff like that.

Why? Shouldn’t we want guys that take care of their bodies?

If memory serves, Kyrie got a second opinion. I would assume that most players do.

It feels like Roy is the only guy who truly wants Leonard here (when you read most of the posts under this thread)  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller