Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard Moving To Boston Celtics? Dwyane Wade Thinks So  (Read 24355 times)

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Kawhi Leonard Moving To Boston Celtics? Dwyane Wade Thinks So
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 05:48:13 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Interesting but I'll believe it when I see it. In terms of speculation we clearly make the most sense as a trade partner since...

-Kawhi's timeline and prime matches up with the stars we currently have on the roster.

-Nobody is beatng a package centered around Jaylen Brown and/or Tatum plus the Kings pick. I feel like Popovic would love Jaylen.

-There seems to be a mutual respect between Brad Stevens and Pop and trading Kawhi to Boston gets him out if the conference.

-Kawhi is the ultimate LeBron, Ben Simmons, and Durant stopper with Kyrie as the ultimate foil to Curry. Trading Kawhi here would be great for the NBA and our package would keep the Spurs relevant until Pop decides to hang it up.

A lot of smoke here, count me in the camp that's hoping it comes from fire.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 06:06:06 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
C's definitely have the talent to trade for Leonard, but salary match -- even for KL's 20M is not simple.   There is no way to avoid including JB or JT and you'd have to include Morris and probably Rozier -- just to get to about 13M.   Then it's Yabu, Nader, Larkin to get to the right number.   

If it came down to Theis or Rozier -- who would you want to keep?   

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 07:18:48 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
just keep brown and tatum... irwing hayward brown tatum horford are super solid... we need health not kawhi

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 07:32:42 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I can see a scenario for a trade that involves a sign and trade of Smart to deal with the salary (still puts Boston into luxury tax I think).  Say Smart ($10M) Tatum ($6.7M) and you get there.  My a question is the resulting roster.  Do we start:

Irving
Brown
Leonard
Horford
Some other Big

And then bring Hayward off the bench as at 2/3 (or wing or whatever you want to all it).  Per 82games, Hayward split his time between 2 and 3 while Leonard played almost exclusively at 3 (based on 2016/17).  Hayward the next super 6th man?  Can Stevens/Ainge convince him to go along with this?  If so, I like this team.

And no, I do not want to have Hayward or Leonard play primarily at a big position.  There are 96 minutes at the 2 and 3.  There are enough minutes for them to not have to play as a PF except in limited small ball cases.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 07:55:04 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I can see a scenario for a trade that involves a sign and trade of Smart to deal with the salary (still puts Boston into luxury tax I think).  Say Smart ($10M) Tatum ($6.7M) and you get there.  My a question is the resulting roster.  Do we start:

Irving
Brown
Leonard
Horford
Some other Big

And then bring Hayward off the bench as at 2/3 (or wing or whatever you want to all it).  Per 82games, Hayward split his time between 2 and 3 while Leonard played almost exclusively at 3 (based on 2016/17).  Hayward the next super 6th man?  Can Stevens/Ainge convince him to go along with this?  If so, I like this team.

And no, I do not want to have Hayward or Leonard play primarily at a big position.  There are 96 minutes at the 2 and 3.  There are enough minutes for them to not have to play as a PF except in limited small ball cases.
Yeah....Hayward isn't coming off the bench.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 08:09:17 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Irving
Brown
Leonard
Horford
Some other Big

This is why Celts more willing to give up Brown than Tatum. Tatum can play 4.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 08:14:09 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
We don’t want Tatum to play he 4 for extended minutes. He’s not big enough - he’ll take a pounding. Also, when he plays the 4 our rebounding really suffers.

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 08:39:34 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
We don’t want Tatum to play he 4 for extended minutes. He’s not big enough - he’ll take a pounding. Also, when he plays the 4 our rebounding really suffers.

He played the 4 at extended minutes in his rookie year. He's going to be just fine after he gains some weight. His build reminds me a lot of Paul Milsap, and the NBA is only getting smaller at those positions. It's not like he'll face the Anthony Davis/Boogie combo for all 29 teams.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 08:41:39 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Trading for Kawhi scares me

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 08:45:52 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I just don't see it happening.  This is a 55 win team that will be getting Hayward &, presumably, a healthy Kyrie back next season.  Then you have a handful of cost controlled young guys.

I have to think the organization already really likes its chances moving forward with the current core that they have in place.   The tinkering will be at the periphery. 

This isn't summer '07.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 08:48:23 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I just don't see it happening.  This is a 55 win team that will be getting Hayward &, presumably, a healthy Kyrie back next season.  Then you have a handful of cost controlled young guys.

I have to think the organization already really likes its chances moving forward with the current core that they have in place.   The tinkering will be at the periphery. 

This isn't summer '07.

I hope you’re right but Danny worries me.

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Count me as someone who thinks this is a really bad idea. Our roster is really well balanced by age, salary and projected roles. Having Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum evolving with Irving, Hayward and Horford is an ideal long term situation.

Whatever happened to Kawhi Leonard this year, he handled it badly, and he is someone who doesn't show any signs he is comfortable handling the spotlight in a lead role. This is Boston, and the lights are hot here. I'll take my chances with Jaylen Brown any day.

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 09:15:39 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I love KL game would love having him on the roster but money becomes an issue. I like this roster 55 wins and we're adding a healthy max guy next season anyways.

However I trust Danny if he feels like he can make it work I'm in although begrudgingly.
ok fine

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 09:19:17 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
DO NOT TRADE TATUM....let me repeat....DO NOT TRADE TATUM.

Smart, Brown, Morris and 2 picks...

...oh one more thing....DO NOT TRADE TATUM