Author Topic: Please stop posting up Baynes  (Read 4868 times)

Re: Please stop posting up Baynes
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 04:22:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I mean no offense to the OP, but this thread seems a bit misguided—out of all the problems with Boston's offense, "too many Baynes post-ups" isn't even in the top 10. Shooting well more consistently, driving more, getting to the line more, getting Tatum more shots, not letting Marcus Smart shoot ...
Marcus Smart hasn't even played in weeks
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 05:15:51 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I mean no offense to the OP, but this thread seems a bit misguided—out of all the problems with Boston's offense, "too many Baynes post-ups" isn't even in the top 10. Shooting well more consistently, driving more, getting to the line more, getting Tatum more shots, not letting Marcus Smart shoot ...
Marcus Smart hasn't even played in weeks

Correct, but he's still a bad shooter whom I think should take fewer shots when he does play.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 06:07:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Aron Baynes takes 5.3 shots a game. 39.2% of those shots are from within 3 feet. So 2 shots a game could be postups. He makes 55.4% of those shots or over 1 per game.

So the OP is complaining about less than 1 shot a game miss from Baynes? Maybe half a shot per game?

Yeah, I don't get it.

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 06:11:07 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Aron Baynes takes 5.3 shots a game. 39.2% of those shots are from within 3 feet. So 2 shots a game could be postups. He makes 55.4% of those shots or over 1 per game.

So the OP is complaining about less than 1 shot a game miss from Baynes? Maybe half a shot per game?

Yeah, I don't get it.

I don't either. I would give those shots to Tatum.

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Yeah, I don't get it.

Unreal...

I am sure that extra shot every other game going to Tatum is going to make the Celtics a more efficient juggernaught. ::) ::) ::)

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Yeah, I don't get it.

I feel like you're nitpicking..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 06:56:20 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Yeah, I don't get it.

I feel like you're nitpicking..

That is a thought, not a feeling, Monksy.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 07:44:49 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't have a problem with Baynes' offense, as a whole, but I do agree with the OP that he should never ever take a hook shot - especially a lefty hook shot. He is way too nonchalant with it (steps away, looks away from the hoop).

It is the same thing as saying I don't want Tatum taking half-court shots; just because it sometimes goes in doesn't mean there aren't way better options...including a Baynes two-hand shot from anywhere.

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 07:47:16 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I mean, it's not like it's a primary option.  He does it like, once a game.  Anyway, he posts for spacing purposes mostly.  If he gets the ball down low it's as a last resort.

So whatever.

It happens more than once a game, but whatever.
It also works more often than never so... *shrug*
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 10:16:52 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
I don't have a problem with Baynes' offense, as a whole, but I do agree with the OP that he should never ever take a hook shot - especially a lefty hook shot. He is way too nonchalant with it (steps away, looks away from the hoop).

It is the same thing as saying I don't want Tatum taking half-court shots; just because it sometimes goes in doesn't mean there aren't way better options...including a Baynes two-hand shot from anywhere.

Look what Baynes did tonight with the pick and pop, the pick and roll, and his offensive rebounds. He did not post up one time tonight.

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 10:49:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Baynes thumbs his nose at the OP.   ;D

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 10:52:49 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Yes.  Bangers has spoken.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 11:12:23 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Actually Baynes proved my point.
He did not post up once tonight.
He is much more effective in the pick and pop, the pick and roll, and offensive rebounding.

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 11:47:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

He is much more effective in the pick and pop, the pick and roll, and offensive rebounding.
He proved your point against a pathetic team that didn't put much more thought into this game as to when the flight home was so they could clear their lockers and get away for months on the last game of the season. A game where out usual 8th to 10th best player was the best player on the court because of who the coach's played.

Get real. Your take was pretty strange and proven that it doesn't happen often and shouldn't be something to even worry about but you somehow stick to it, much like you stick to other strange over the top stuff you claim that has been proven wrong in the past, like your estimate of pull up threes by the team and your idea that Morris is like the 400th best player in the league based on that idiotic stat of ESPN's, RPM.

You really need to work on your hot takes. I mean, at least find some that aren't clearly and easily debunked.

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 11:55:25 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

He proved your point against a pathetic team that didn't put much more thought into this game as to when the flight home was so they could clear their lockers and get away for months on the last game of the season. A game where out usual 8th to 10th best player was the best player on the court because of who the coach's played.

Get real. Your take was pretty strange and proven that it doesn't happen often and shouldn't be something to even worry about but you somehow stick to it, much like you stick to other strange over the top stuff you claim that has been proven wrong in the past, like your estimate of pull up threes by the team and your idea that Morris is like the 400th best player in the league based on that idiotic stat of ESPN's, RPM.

You really need to work on your hot takes. I mean, at least find some that aren't clearly and easily debunked.

lol TP