Author Topic: Does anyone else not get Sprite's ads with Lebron as a baseball player?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have seen the one where he comes out as a relief pitcher and now another where he is being interviewed in the locker room, all his baseball gear on. What, Lebron as a basketball player wasn't marketable enough? They now have to portray him as a baseball player? I don't get it.

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I have seen the one where he comes out as a relief pitcher and now another where he is being interviewed in the locker room, all his baseball gear on. What, Lebron as a basketball player wasn't marketable enough? They now have to portray him as a baseball player? I don't get it.

I never watch TV so I really have no idea (what a way to get someone to value your input!) but... are they trying to draw parallels with MJ?

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/look-lebron-james-uses-alter-ego-as-a-baseball-player-in-sprites-new-ad-campaign/amp/

I understand it even less after that article. Who thought it was a great idea to dress Lebron in a lemon-lime baseball uniform and have him 'strike out thirst'?

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This reminds me.....I gotta try to drink 7up whenever possible if the choice is between the two (not counting Slice, which just makes things more possible, and this all assumes I'm not drinking coke or beer or wine to start with, which is unlikely).

Now if they had just made a Lebron playing cricket commercial.......no...wait...it wouldn't have mattered but would have at least been more interesting. How will he hit the googly? Will he have a golden duck or a sixer? LBW?