Author Topic: Why can't we us Tatum the way Philly uses Simmons?  (Read 4376 times)

Re: Why can't we us Tatum the way Philly uses Simmons?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 12:15:02 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Yeah, this is a terrible question.  Simmons is in the Magic Johnson mode.  Those guys come around like what, every 40 years?  Okay, throw Lebron in and you have 3 of them in 40 years. 

So you can't just say, hey, this guy can sort of dribble too so why doesn't he play like that guy?  Um, there is a reason guys like Simmons are so rare.  Because it's not NEARLY as easy as it looks.
Simmons is overrated. He hasn't hit 1 3 pointer the entire season. In the nba, that's never happened before for a point guard or any guard or ball handler. Atrocious. A core of simmons-embiid-fultz is terrible at the 3

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 01:57:03 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yeah, this is a terrible question.  Simmons is in the Magic Johnson mode.  Those guys come around like what, every 40 years?  Okay, throw Lebron in and you have 3 of them in 40 years. 

So you can't just say, hey, this guy can sort of dribble too so why doesn't he play like that guy?  Um, there is a reason guys like Simmons are so rare.  Because it's not NEARLY as easy as it looks.
Simmons is overrated. He hasn't hit 1 3 pointer the entire season. In the nba, that's never happened before for a point guard or any guard or ball handler. Atrocious. A core of simmons-embiid-fultz is terrible at the 3
And yet here they are pushing 50 wins.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 07:07:19 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I've already agreed with the consensus here, so let me now defend the OP just a little.

While I don't think Stevens is going to hand the keys to Tatum, I do anticipate him running more of the offense as a pick and roll ballhandler next season. I think he's shown that, if he continues to work, he'll be 100% capable of that and we'll see more of it next season.

This is part of what makes me so excited for the potential of next year's team. Jaylen has also made strides as a ballhandler. If he and Tatum keep it up, the C's could have 5 guys in the starting lineup who can run a pick and roll from either side. That's crazy.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008