Author Topic: Starting lineup next year with Hayward/Tatum?  (Read 4867 times)

Re: Starting lineup next year with Hayward/Tatum?
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 01:11:54 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Call me crazy but I would bench Hayward and let him be the sixth man. Seems weird to pay a sixth man a max but that's how good our team is.
That is crazy. Hayward is comfortably our second best player and would work extremely well with Brown and Tatum
And put Horford at C to get raped night in and night out? Also I don't think Hayward will be 100% right off the bat, I'd take a year 3 Brown and year 2 Tatum over a 70% Hayward. People forget to factor in likely improvements from them, until Hayward starts getting back to his old form I'm putting him as the leader of the second unit.
Obviously against guys like Cousins and Embiid I'd probably start whichever of Monroe/Baynes we keep, but for the most part I'd start Horford.

What team in the league can guard Kyrie-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford?
Nobody
Sure but I'd just generally start a banger at C to reduce the wear and tear on Horford.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 01:35:11 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Yes, same starting 5 as of game one this season.

I do think we either let Smart walk, or S&T him if possible...Bird can probably take his minutes.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 09:39:06 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

I can't imagine there will be as many 'fireworks' this summer as there were last, but there is certainly a lot to look forward to.

I'm trying to imagine what a summer equivalent to last year's fireworks would look like. OMG...

Mike

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Starting lineup for the season opener @Cleveland was

Kyrie - Brown - Hayward - Tatum - Horford

As things stand right now, I fully expect CBS to go with the same lineup next season.

Yeah, thats gonna be the starting lineup, with, I imagine, Hayward and Brown or Tatum subbing out at the 6 min mark and checking back in with the second unit. 

There's gonna be a lot of ball whipping around and scoring with that first group.  Gonna be scary good.

Baring any major trades (short of A Davis I want this core to stay together) I think this is 100% the lineup with the above mentioned quick sub to spread the wing depth to the bench. The 3pt shooting out of this group will be amazing Jaylen will be the "worst" 3pt shooter at 38.9%.

To me the interesting thing for next season is how DA handles the bench construction. Depth is going to be key with Irving and Hayward coming off on injuries and Horford not getting any younger. If Smart is resigned and Morris isnt a luxury cap casualty that leaves the Cs with a great 6-8. Center is the question mark. With out doing all the math I think the Cs will be limited to a deal in the 5-6mill range for a center. Monroe has been playing great but will he sign for that cheap? Are his defensive short comings worth it given this teams fire power? Is Baynes willing to sign or will he hunt out a bigger deal? Does DA take a gamble and try to land on a playable project like Noel or Len on a cheap deal? Theis is also going to be back and will give the Cs room to possibly gamble on a project. They can always rectify any mistakes in the buyout market.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet