Author Topic: Starting lineup next year with Hayward/Tatum?  (Read 4868 times)

Re: Starting lineup next year with Hayward/Tatum?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 04:20:34 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
One of Marcus or Terry won't be here next year.  And one of Baynes/Monroe won't be here next year.  its gonna look something like this, and it'll be scary:

Kyrie-Jaylen-Tatum-Hayward-Al to open the game.

Sub in Marcus or Terry, and Theis at 5 or 6 minute mark or Hayward and Tatum.

Second unit Marcus or Terry, Hayward, Tatum, Theis and Monroe or Baynes.

Larkin rounds out a very very solid 9 man rotation.  Semi is next wing up.  Yabu, next big....
Probably true we'll have to choose between baynes or Monroe but for sure Theiss is a key ingredient and great pick up

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 06:26:27 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Call me crazy but I would bench Hayward and let him be the sixth man. Seems weird to pay a sixth man a max but that's how good our team is.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 06:44:43 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I think this summer will be an interesting one for Tatum.  One thing that could happen is putting on a little bulk/muscle (though he'll still be only 20 to start the year).   He may look a little more like a PF when we see him in October. 

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 06:54:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Call me crazy but I would bench Hayward and let him be the sixth man. Seems weird to pay a sixth man a max but that's how good our team is.

Gordon has his work cut out for himself fore sure . 

He will need 1/2 season anyway to return to max form .....so Tatum will play alot anyway.

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

I don't think it makes sense to bring Hayward off the bench, he's the second best player on the team at least. You could make an argument that when you factor in defense, he's the best overall player on the team. But even if you still rank Kyrie as the team's number one, you don't leave a player that good on the bench. If nothing else, most players would consider it a slap in the face.

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 07:45:36 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Looks like the starting lineup is fairly set.

I've got Rozier, Morris, Monroe, and maybe Theis to round out the 9-player rotation.

Rozier, Morris, or Monroe could go off for 20 any given night. Quite a bench, too.

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 08:08:50 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Position-less basketball

Kyrie
Brown
Tatum
Hayward
Horford

Bench:

Theis
Morris
Semi
2018 #1 draft pick
Smart
Rozier
Monroe (if he wants to stick around)

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 08:10:13 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
Bird is definitely being brought up full time next year. Especially if Rozier is traded or Smart walks.

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 08:14:30 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
As others have mentioned, our starting 5 to begin this past season was: Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford. Brad was taking a bit of a leap of faith by starting both Tatum and Brown, but both players have progressed better than anybody could have hoped. I don't see any possible way either one of those players goes back to the bench, especially after another summer working on their games.

The bench will be the real key. We could lose: Smart, Baynes, and Monroe. Another team might want to trade for Terry. It looks like Bird might be making a name for himself, Ojeleye could continue his 'hot' shooting of late, and Theis will be ready to continue his impact.

I can't imagine there will be as many 'fireworks' this summer as there were last, but there is certainly a lot to look forward to.

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 09:20:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
That is crazy. Hayward is comfortably our second best player and would work extremely well with Brown and Tatum
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2018, 10:37:16 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
That is crazy. Hayward is comfortably our second best player and would work extremely well with Brown and Tatum
And put Horford at C to get raped night in and night out? Also I don't think Hayward will be 100% right off the bat, I'd take a year 3 Brown and year 2 Tatum over a 70% Hayward. People forget to factor in likely improvements from them, until Hayward starts getting back to his old form I'm putting him as the leader of the second unit.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 10:44:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
And put Horford at C to get raped night in and night out? Also I don't think Hayward will be 100% right off the bat, I'd take a year 3 Brown and year 2 Tatum over a 70% Hayward. People forget to factor in likely improvements from them, until Hayward starts getting back to his old form I'm putting him as the leader of the second unit.
both Hayward and kyrie will be 100%. They will simply need reps to rub the rust off, but they will be 100% healthy

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2018, 10:49:38 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
both Hayward and kyrie will be 100%. They will simply need reps to rub the rust off, but they will be 100% healthy
I meant 100% form
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2018, 11:29:43 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Rozier
Brown
Hayward
A. Davis
Horford

Tatum's versatility will allow him to still get ~30 mpg. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 12:09:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Obviously against guys like Cousins and Embiid I'd probably start whichever of Monroe/Baynes we keep, but for the most part I'd start Horford.

What team in the league can guard Kyrie-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford?
Nobody
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)