Author Topic: Jabari Bird  (Read 7162 times)

Re: Jabari Bird
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 02:24:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Would like to see a 2nd unit of

Monroe
Yabu/Semi
Morris
Bird
Larkin

for the playoffs

unfortunately Bird won't be eligible for the playoffs, but I would be more confident in this unit vs playing Allen or Nader instead

Monroe and Bird have real nice chemistry. 

Pass it to Monroe down low, have Bird cut to the basket.  IF opponents are paying attention to this, it should leave guys like Morris, Larkin open for the 3 point shot.

If the cutting works, just keep feeding bird  the ball and let him fly

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 09:01:45 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
"He isn't afraid"...agreed.

"Didn't play against anyone"...yes.

"Played quite well in summer league, had a very good corner three."

Fun watching Monroe "tee him up".

Guess we'll see him next summer league...maybe he's Rozier with a consistent shot, which would get Ainge out of the "below average shooting combo guard draft pick dog house of the last 17 years."

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I would sit either Brown or Tatum these last few games and really take a good look at Bird. he looks like with minutes he's a player. Keep in mind HE was the man at Cal, not Jaylen.

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 09:46:27 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I would sit either Brown or Tatum these last few games and really take a good look at Bird. he looks like with minutes he's a player. Keep in mind HE was the man at Cal, not Jaylen.

Bingo.

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 09:47:34 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
If the Celtics want to win in the playoffs, they cut Allen and sign Bird.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2018, 10:37:27 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If the Celtics want to win in the playoffs, they cut Allen and sign Bird.

Allen is a two-way player - the same as Bird. They could cut Nader, but for contract matching purposes next year, they need to keep him for now. He made it this far.

Why the NBA isn't allowing two-way players to play in the playoffs is beyond me. They are a team's 'property' and can play in NBA games throughout the season. Teams with a multitude of injuries like the Cs don't just suddenly get healthy once the playoffs begin. There is a reason we are playing two-way players in the 1st place.

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 11:20:40 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I understand the two arguments that one, dumping Nader for Bird does not necessarily win us a series And two, that signing bird to a minimum standard NBA contract gives us one less year of control of him. The former is likely true, but it's not an absolute.

The question then becomes is it worth it for what could be only a brief play off run, especially since rotations are shortened in the playoffs.

I think that it is. I think that in order to have a chance in any of the series that we will be playing, that Brad Stevens will have to play all available 11 guys and run them ragged to give us any chance at all, especially After the first round.

All hands on deck should be the battle cry!

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2018, 05:28:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Free bird. Cut Nader (another dud today)

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 06:29:01 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
highlight vs hawks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3muDWd2iBo

I don't get it. Bird is athletic and a good shooter, and he looks good every single time he plays.
Why has he not been given a chance?

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2018, 06:52:08 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
all those Bird boys can ball

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2018, 06:54:41 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
highlight vs hawks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3muDWd2iBo

I don't get it. Bird is athletic and a good shooter, and he looks good every single time he plays.
Why has he not been given a chance?

He was injured and recovering for 2-21/2 months in G-League. Just rounding back to form.

I’m sure the Cs took a chance on him late in the draft because of his Cal teammate, Jaylen.

He had a crap coach that stunted his development in college. He was a top recruit coming out of HS.

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 07:03:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Dude might be...might be better than Nader. But for all the love the 4-5of you who have suddenly jumped on his bandwagon aren't getting is that being barely better than a guy who doesn't belong in the NBA doesn't make you NBA good.

Bird has been playing against the 2nd and 3rd string of tanking teams. He had an okay year in the G League and okay in the GLeague doesn't equate to NBA player. Chances are Bird doesn't even make the Celtics next year. Heck, I will put Tommy Points on it that he isn't.

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2018, 07:21:48 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
all those Bird boys can ball

Sue makes a case for the Bird gals too. 

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Dude might be...might be better than Nader. But for all the love the 4-5of you who have suddenly jumped on his bandwagon aren't getting is that being barely better than a guy who doesn't belong in the NBA doesn't make you NBA good.

Bird has been playing against the 2nd and 3rd string of tanking teams. He had an okay year in the G League and okay in the GLeague doesn't equate to NBA player. Chances are Bird doesn't even make the Celtics next year. Heck, I will put Tommy Points on it that he isn't.
Stop hatin on bird

He will make the team next season.  Danny rewarded Nader, he will reward Bird also