Author Topic: Celtics sign Jonathan Gibson for remainder of the season  (Read 2226 times)

Re: Celtics sign Jonathan Gibson for remainder of the season
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 11:00:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Should have signed Xavier Rathan-Mayes, instead. Sigh. I'd also mention GP II, but he signed a 2-way deal with the Lakers and I don't know if it has expired yet or if we still could have gotten him, at least theoretically, in spite of said contract, but yeah. Ugh.

Ahhhh irrational confidence in obscure D-leaguers... TP, and a tip of the cap to you sir.

Lol, and a TP for you, as well ;D. They have both played in the league this year, however, do that's something, right? Haha ;D.

Screw it, a TP for tar as well.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 11:21:32 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Second round, here we come!
Ha ha ha... well played and a tp for you.  ;D

;D Thank you!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 11:48:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Does this mean we can cut Nader please!

I’m begging Danny
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 12:03:11 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Should have signed Xavier Rathan-Mayes, instead. Sigh. I'd also mention GP II, but he signed a 2-way deal with the Lakers and I don't know if it has expired yet or if we still could have gotten him, at least theoretically, in spite of said contract, but yeah. Ugh.

Ahhhh irrational confidence in obscure D-leaguers... TP, and a tip of the cap to you sir.

Lol, and a TP for you, as well ;D. They have both played in the league this year, however, do that's something, right? Haha ;D.

Welp, I have to wait another hour or so before I can once again oblige your request for self Tommy Pointification ;D.

In terms of GP II, however, and I realize that it was only a preseason game, but he had great chemistry with Monroe -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sy5oxcar-Q

Dude's also been killing it in the G-League, btw, scoring 30, 30, and 28 points, respectively, in each of his last three contests, the most recent of which included 11 rebounds, 6 of which were offensive :o, an assist, 2 steals, and 6 blocks :o, even though he was blocked 4 times and Matt Costello set a record for, well, blocks, with 11, although, in watching the "highlights", I'm not sure as to whether or not I'd classify at least 4 or 5 of them as such, but whatever. All I'm saying is that GP II is on a roll, and it would have been great to get him, imo. Sigh.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 12:12:40 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Welp, I have to wait another hour or so before I can once again oblige your request for self Tommy Pointification ;D.

In terms of GP II, however, and I realize that it was only a preseason game, but he had great chemistry with Monroe -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sy5oxcar-Q

Dude's also been killing it in the G-League, btw, scoring 30, 30, and 28 points, respectively, in each of his last three contests, the most recent of which included 11 rebounds, 6 of which were offensive :o, an assist, 2 steals, and 6 blocks :o, even though he was blocked 4 times and Matt Costello set a record for, well, blocks, with 11, although, in watching the "highlights", I'm not sure as to whether or not I'd classify at least 4 or 5 of them as such, but whatever. All I'm saying is that GP II is on a roll, and it would have been great to get him, imo. Sigh.

Isaiah Taylor looks legit as Schroder's future back-up.  But he was signed a while back, so less relevant.   
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 11:56:00 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
33 ppg in China don't impress me much.  Yabu averaged about 28 ppg in that league and has looked lost in the NBA.  They don't play a lick of defense in China league.

But I'm optimistic.  We are injury ravaged and need the healthy body.  We could do worse.  Welcome aboard Mr. Gibson!