Author Topic: So, should we be upset that kyrie didn’t get procedure done sooner?  (Read 1949 times)

Re: So, should we be upset that kyrie didn’t get procedure done sooner?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 11:15:04 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
You should only be upset if you had unrealistic expectations for the team after the Hayward injury.

I guess everyone in Vegas should be upset cause they certainly gave the Celtics realistic chances of winning the east the majority of the season. Heck if we get smart and Irving back healthy in the playoffs those scoundrels may get all unrealistic again!

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 11:37:52 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Gotta agree. And I am not 100% sold on Kyrie as a teammate yet.

Is the opinion that the surgery will permanently fix this problem, that the pain will be gone ?

The opinion is that the screws are causing the inflammation. So theoretically once they're removed, he shouldn't have inflammation. Now, the reality? I'm pretty sure doctors just do guess and check so this probably won't fix anything. I'd expect Kyrie to be a 70 games/season type of player for the rest of his career. We just need to make sure that we manage his minutes so that he's in the best shape near the playoffs.

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 12:41:38 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Is the opinion that the surgery will permanently fix this problem, that the pain will be gone ?

The opinion is that the screws are causing the inflammation. So theoretically once they're removed, he shouldn't have inflammation. Now, the reality? I'm pretty sure doctors just do guess and check so this probably won't fix anything. I'd expect Kyrie to be a 70 games/season type of player for the rest of his career. We just need to make sure that we manage his minutes so that he's in the best shape near the playoffs.
They didn't remove the screws

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 12:46:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

... and I think removing the screws will shelve him for a lot longer anyway.

Based on the fact that they were able to state that his kneecap has healed, I'm assuming they did some sort of bloodless scope, possibly to remove loose cartilage, scar tissue, or something similar. But that's just an educated (or not so much) guess.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 01:26:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Based on the fact that they were able to state that his kneecap has healed, I'm assuming they did some sort of bloodless scope, possibly to remove loose cartilage, scar tissue, or something similar. But that's just an educated (or not so much) guess.

Didn't they say the big thing was removing a guide wire? Maybe not the only thing they did but that seemed like the focus.

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 04:08:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Didn't they say the big thing was removing a guide wire? Maybe not the only thing they did but that seemed like the focus.

They removed a tension wire.

During that procedure, they found infection related to the screws. Now he’s having a second surgery to remove those screws.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 09:08:53 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
How does everyone here think medicine works? It's not an exact science. A lot of it is trial and error. If your foot snaps off and is dangling off the end of your ankle it's easy for a doctor to know what to do. If you have some knee soreness, that's a different story. Is it related to the previous surgery or is it just the regular soreness that comes from being a professional athlete?

Since I'm not a doctor and don't know anything about medicine or about what, exactly, is going on with Kyrie's body, I don't feel comfortable criticizing the treatment.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008