Poll

What Team Is The Klaw Playing For Past The 2018-2019 Season?

Staying In San Antonio. Spurs For Life.
11 (16.7%)
New York Knicks
2 (3%)
Los Angeles Lakers
26 (39.4%)
Boston Celtics
16 (24.2%)
Philadelphia 76ers
6 (9.1%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (1.5%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Poll: Who Is Kawhi Leonard Playing For In 2019 & Beyond?  (Read 9163 times)

Re: Poll: Who Is Kawhi Leonard Playing For In 2019 & Beyond?
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2018, 07:50:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Can't discount that Leonard and Lebron are talking....so once the trade is finalized (likely one of the LA teams),  Lebron will follow and join

It has to be close to 100% that LBJ is the one that got Kawhi to get this moving quick so he can line everything up in time for his next super team. I really couldn't care less if they become a team that battles with GSW & HOU. Kill each other off and we come in for the final battle. What I don't want is any of these guys going to Philly.

exactly

luckily 76ers have very little in terms of what Popovich wants

He doesn't want an unfocused , confused prospect like Fultz.   Simmons and Embiid are untouchables. 2018 10th pick is not good enough.   2019 1st belongs to us

76ers don't have much to offer

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2018, 07:52:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Danny will low ball without a guarantee. So its like wasting time

there is a 1 percent chance he gives up Brown for a guy who is ready to walk after one season

Imagine losing both Irving and Leonard after 2018-2019?  That would drop the Celts on its knees

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2018, 07:59:18 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lakers

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2018, 08:12:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Clippers should be on the list

12th and 13th picks are more valuable to the Spurs than people realize.  They are a team that have done a great job with the draft. 

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2018, 08:23:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
thought he'd resign with SA originally but anywhere besides the Lakers would be a shock now.  would suspect that he's talked with other all-stars, likely Lebron and probably PG, about teaming up in LA much the same as  Bron pulled in Miami.  Hate player collusion like this.  if there was any time that the league should step in and nullify player collusion it would be once Kawhi goes to LA, Silver should block more Bron or PG if the other also signs in LA for the good of the game.  it won't happen but it's a prime reason why I don't care what happens in the NBA outside of the Celtics

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2018, 09:11:17 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think Danny will roll the dice and trade for him. Take the risk he stays.

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2018, 03:58:07 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If the Lakers trade for Leonard -- they have to offer Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Channing Frye and some draft picks.

Is that a tempting enough offer for the Spurs?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybpyxpk5

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2018, 04:11:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If the Lakers trade for Leonard -- they have to offer Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Channing Frye and some draft picks.

Is that a tempting enough offer for the Spurs?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybpyxpk5

Oh, I think the Lakers will really have to pay if they want this to happen - especially if they want to get rid of Deng. Something along the lines of: Deng, Ball, Ingram, Kuzma for Kawhi and Mills.

I know it sounds like a lot, but would the Lakers really not do this deal if they had assurances of acquiring Lebron and George? Maybe Pop doesn't want Ball, but he can easily be re-routed to a 3rd team with the Spurs picking up another solid prospect/pick.

Also, Frye is a UFA after this season so I don't think he can be traded. I really wish Trade Machine would update the site to advance to the next year after the current year's trade deadline. Salaries and contract years are outdated and it is almost impossible to make legit trades.

« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2018, 02:32:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I just realized, but why not Milwaukee?

According to Woj, he doesn't want to be the alpha of a team that has to deal with a ton of pressure all around (media, in-game, etc.)

Well, he could get that with MIL, and a duo of Leonard/Giannis is a problem for a lot of folks (including the C's though the C's are deeper).

Couldn't something like Middleton + Brogdon/Maker + 2018 Bucks 1st + Future 1st get it done?

Even if he's a rental, MIL might be a bit desperate to add legitimate star-power to their team.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2018, 02:41:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I just realized, but why not Milwaukee?

According to Woj, he doesn't want to be the alpha of a team that has to deal with a ton of pressure all around (media, in-game, etc.)

Well, he could get that with MIL, and a duo of Leonard/Giannis is a problem for a lot of folks (including the C's though the C's are deeper).

Couldn't something like Middleton + Brogdon/Maker + 2018 Bucks 1st + Future 1st get it done?

Even if he's a rental, MIL might be a bit desperate to add legitimate star-power to their team.

Or you could do Middleton + Parker + Draft Pick. That's actually a pretty good haul.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2018, 09:21:43 PM »

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Can't discount that Leonard and Lebron are talking....so once the trade is finalized (likely one of the LA teams),  Lebron will follow and join

It has to be close to 100% that LBJ is the one that got Kawhi to get this moving quick so he can line everything up in time for his next super team. I really couldn't care less if they become a team that battles with GSW & HOU. Kill each other off and we come in for the final battle. What I don't want is any of these guys going to Philly.

exactly

luckily 76ers have very little in terms of what Popovich wants

He doesn't want an unfocused , confused prospect like Fultz.   Simmons and Embiid are untouchables. 2018 10th pick is not good enough.   2019 1st belongs to us

76ers don't have much to offer

Is SImmons really untouchable if it means getting Lebron AND Kawhi?

They could trade Simmons, Fultz  and Covington (or whatever they get a 3rd team to give for those 3) for Kawhi and still sign Lebron