Poll

What Team Is The Klaw Playing For Past The 2018-2019 Season?

Staying In San Antonio. Spurs For Life.
11 (16.7%)
New York Knicks
2 (3%)
Los Angeles Lakers
26 (39.4%)
Boston Celtics
16 (24.2%)
Philadelphia 76ers
6 (9.1%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (1.5%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Poll: Who Is Kawhi Leonard Playing For In 2019 & Beyond?  (Read 9216 times)

Re: Poll: Who Is Kawhi Leonard Playing For In 2019 & Beyond?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2018, 02:57:20 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Kawhi isn't going to sacrifice that supermax when he's making peanuts compared to his peers in endorsement money lol. If he wants endorsement money, staying in San Antonio will still allow him to get a huge deal with a Chinese brand, he doesn't need to move to a big market team unless he wants a big deal from say Nike/Adidas/Jordan.

I keep hearing some reports that Kawhi's uncle is involved with this saga. Someone know more about that? He seems to want Kawhi to go somewhere "bigger", but at the expense of a supermax deal in SA??
That max difference will be nothing compared to his shoe deal and commercial money he is going to get in LA

Interesting to see if LAL is okay with dealing both Ingram and Kuzma in the trade.

They probably have to considering they don't have any real high draft picks likely coming soon.

But boy if Leonard AND Lebron go to Lakers, that would suck for us.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2018, 03:49:31 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Kawhi isn't going to sacrifice that supermax when he's making peanuts compared to his peers in endorsement money lol. If he wants endorsement money, staying in San Antonio will still allow him to get a huge deal with a Chinese brand, he doesn't need to move to a big market team unless he wants a big deal from say Nike/Adidas/Jordan.

I keep hearing some reports that Kawhi's uncle is involved with this saga. Someone know more about that? He seems to want Kawhi to go somewhere "bigger", but at the expense of a supermax deal in SA??
That max difference will be nothing compared to his shoe deal and commercial money he is going to get in LA

Interesting to see if LAL is okay with dealing both Ingram and Kuzma in the trade.

They probably have to considering they don't have any real high draft picks likely coming soon.

Magic would definitely trade Ingram and Kuzma for Leonard assuming he checks out medically.  There'd be no concern about re-signing Leonard. 

Why?  Lebron going West makes winning the East much easier.  In the finals, we'd have to face a top West team no matter what and there's a good chance it wouldn't be the Lakers even with Lebron and Leonard. 

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2018, 10:30:59 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Magic would definitely trade Ingram and Kuzma for Leonard assuming he checks out medically.  There'd be no concern about re-signing Leonard. 

Why?  Lebron going West makes winning the East much easier.  In the finals, we'd have to face a top West team no matter what and there's a good chance it wouldn't be the Lakers even with Lebron and Leonard.

Yeah Lebron + Leonard on the Lakers is a playoff team but I doubt they are better than Golden State or Houston still, or that they could beat either in a 7-game playoff series. Plus if you trade Ingram, Kuzma to acquire Leonard and have to get rid of Randle because he gets overpaid elsewhere, you might not be a deep team either. Still a Top-4 team in the West though.

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2018, 11:26:47 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Do the Knicks have the assets to pull it off?

Could be an intriguing fit. Him alongside Hardaway Jr, Porzingis, possibly Randle (who Knicks could go after in FA), Burke, and Beasley.

I truthfully am not high on Ntilikina and think the Knicks should package him, salary and future picks if needed to make the deal. Not sure if it would be enough though depending on what other teams offer for Kawhi.

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2018, 11:41:04 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Do the Knicks have the assets to pull it off?

Could be an intriguing fit. Him alongside Hardaway Jr, Porzingis, possibly Randle (who Knicks could go after in FA), Burke, and Beasley.

I truthfully am not high on Ntilikina and think the Knicks should package him, salary and future picks if needed to make the deal. Not sure if it would be enough though depending on what other teams offer for Kawhi.

Well, wasn't Kawhi in New York getting his treatments and such recently..  :o  ;)

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2018, 05:42:06 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Do people really want to trade for this guy after
*his injury history
*lack of passing
*concerns over entitlement with his sitting out the season when his team says he's okay to play
*the opportunity to pay him $50 million a year!??

My god stay away people. If he was 24 years old, then perhaps we could talk about it, Tatum, Brown and all that cap room at ages 20 and 21 are a much better long term investment.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 07:56:13 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
*his injury history
*lack of passing
*concerns over entitlement with his sitting out the season when his team says he's okay to play

My god stay away people. If he was 24 years old, then perhaps we could talk about it, Tatum, Brown and all that cap room at ages 20 and 21 are a much better long term investment.
Lack of passing is an interesting criticism. Are you saying that because he doesn't get many assists (approximately 3pg since he burst onto the scene as a top player)?

In terms of actual passes made per game ('16-'17), Kawhi ranked ahead of player such as Devin Booker, Avery Bradley, Bradley Beal, Victor Oladipo, Joe Ingles and Klay Thompson, just to name a few. Yet I doubt you'd say that those guys have a "lack of passing"
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2018, 09:04:11 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
*his injury history
*lack of passing

Lack of passing is an interesting criticism. Are you saying that because he doesn't get many assists (approximately 3pg since he burst onto the scene as a top player)?

In terms of actual passes made per game ('16-'17), Kawhi ranked ahead of player such as Devin Booker, Avery Bradley, Bradley Beal, Victor Oladipo, Joe Ingles and Klay Thompson, just to name a few. Yet I doubt you'd say that those guys have a "lack of passing"
Bradley?   Bradley's poor passing has been a constant criticism since he started with us.   

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2018, 09:11:27 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Magic has has a hole burning in his pocket to pay at least one mega star and LA fans at their wits end waiting to be relevant once again.

At least one of Lebron, Leonard , or George will be a faker next year .  With Randle , Ingram and Kuzma to offer ....its just going to happen .

Lebron and Leonard would tear a hole in their bank account.

Thats all out West and it still will,be hard to beat Curry KD or Harden CP3.

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Magic has has a hole burning in his pocket to pay at least one mega star and LA fans at their wits end waiting to be relevant once again.

At least one of Lebron, Leonard , or George will be a faker next year .  With Randle , Ingram and Kuzma to offer ....its just going to happen .

I don't see Lebron going to the Lakers unless at least one other star is joining them.  He doesn't have time to wait for a bunch of young players to develop.  George definitely could go there by himself.  Leonard situation is definitely strange.  If he's trying to force a trade, he's from LA so the Lakers make sense.  Surprised you didn't list Cousins.  I could see him ending up on the Lakers. 

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2018, 09:51:51 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
*his injury history
*lack of passing

Bradley?   Bradley's poor passing has been a constant criticism since he started with us.   
He didn’t say guys who are bad passers though. He said Kawhi doesn’t pass.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2018, 01:32:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773620-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-spurs-worried-sf-wants-move-to-knicks-lakers-76ers

Spurs reportedly fear Kawhi wants a trade to either PHI, NYK, LAL (Big Market Team)

Though it's mostly Kawhi's camp it seems that wants this, not necessarily Kawhi himself (but honestly, who knows anymore...)

I wonder if BKN Pick + Kevin Love + another asset in a package gets Leonard to CLE? Or Phoenix is willing to trade their Top-3 pick this year OR Josh Jackson in a package for him? Idk...

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2018, 05:03:48 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Could LAL sign and trade Randle in a deal for Leonard? In that case, they could do Randle + Ingram + a future 1st for Leonard and probably get him. Then either George or Lebron follows.

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2018, 05:17:49 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

PG13 is already there. That’s got to happen.

Only way it doesn’t is if LeBron wants to come there and not with PG, but someone like Chris Paul (assuming Rockets flame out against the Warriors).

Then Magic trades Lonzo and Ingram for a third star.

That makes too much sense to me. LeBron in LA? Check. CP3 on less than max deal (as a Laker, finally) trying to win a ring? Check. The. You get a good third banana and start filling in roster with ring chasing LA lovers.

You just know the NBA would love LeBron to go to the glamour team to start breaking scoring records and what not. If you think the media is all over Cleveland LeBron or was all over Miami Bron, just imagine LeBron in Tinseltown.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2018, 06:53:13 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Is it possible that Kawhi playing for Pop is kind of like IT playing for Brad Stevens, in that Pop makes Kawhi look better than he actually is?  I've never watched much of Kawhi since college - the Spurs tend to bore me for some reason.

I just think he's a risk with a) injury b) attitude c) might not be as good as he looks (although he'd come to another great coach who'd get the most out of him).  But, there is no way I'd give up Brown or Tatum plus another valuable pick for him.  We pretty much have our nucleus.  Why tinker with success?  If we are talking a trade for Anthony Davis then I get that since he fills a need for us ... Kawhi does not.  We are loaded with wings.