Author Topic: Are the big Smart fans also big Semi fans?  (Read 1927 times)

Re: Are the big Smart fans also big Semi fans?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 06:59:02 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I'm not that much of a Semi fan. I won't lose sleep if he isn't on the team next year.

I like (not love) Smart. He had a buzz coming out of Ok St, but unfortunately he's lost his luster. He's a top notch defender- I think he's a bigger Tony Allen/Bruce Bowen type. These players are useful in the playoffs. I don't think Marcus will start on a championship team, which is fine. Danny will try to sign him, but might be priced out if a team happens to like him. Fortunately for Danny and Celtics fans, not that many teams have much to spend next year. He's a great mid-level target for a championship team. I think he will clearly face the dilemma of taking more for a bad team (BKN, PHX) or taking a haircut to play on HOU or even GS (yikes).

If I'm Smart, I'm going to make sure that I have a savvy agent and PR consultant and I'm doing commercials in a city that has a good team. Industrial parts, widgets, whatever showing off how tough he and the product are. "Sell out", make that money and sign for less in a good situation. He's a super glue guy that can succeed if a team doesn't expect too much offense.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:17:05 PM by green_bballers13 »