Author Topic: Ray Allen comments on C’s being mad: “KG forgot, disappointed in Perk.”  (Read 9313 times)

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
he really needs to go away.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
He claimed that he texted KG saying that Danny was not going to pay him.

He took LESS MONEY and went to Miami Heat.

That's all we really need to know about this hack. Hypocrisy at its finest.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

I’m confused why people (fans) can’t separate two distinct decisions made by Ray Allen:

(1) The Celtics didn’t offer the amount he deemed “respectable” and Allen subsequently decided he will not rejoin the team.
(2) Having made the decision to leave the Celtics, he chose the best REMAINING offer.

In his mind the “about the money” was only in regards to the Celtics offer, not comparatively.

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

He’s one heckuva shooter. He’s also one heckuva liar.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't get what Ray was trying to accomplish by releasing the book.  I guess he wants the attention, but he's got to realize that it's not going to be positive attention.  Or maybe he doesn't, since like many high-profile people he's a narcissist.

The only interesting thing I've gotten from all of this is that Ray had in fact communicated with Paul and KG before signing in Miami.  That's not how the media portrayed it at the time.

Outside of that, though, this is just rehashing old nonsense.  Nobody is really going to change their mind about Ray at this point.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I’m confused why people (fans) can’t separate two distinct decisions made by Ray Allen:

(1) The Celtics didn’t offer the amount he deemed “respectable” and Allen subsequently decided he will not rejoin the team.
(2) Having made the decision to leave the Celtics, he chose the best REMAINING offer.

In his mind the “about the money” was only in regards to the Celtics offer, not comparatively.
Because the two distinct decisions, when examined jointly and in their entirety, make no sense whatsoever.

Rationalization is one helluva drug, Ray.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Because the two distinct decisions, when examined jointly and in their entirety, make no sense whatsoever.

Exactly. He dealt with Boston first. They gave him a $6 million a year offer. He wanted much more. So the $6 million offer showed they didn't want him? How? That's what they valued him at.

And then he goes to the open market and his market is $3 million a year. Obviously the Celtics did want him. They offered double the market price. So, I find Ray's rationalization on this to be complete rubbish.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Allen wants to be remembered as a Celtic, he also mentioned that he would love for the Celtics to retire his jersey. At the same time, he doesn't want Celtic fans to believe that he left Miami Heat of his own accord, and thus didn't 'betray,' the Celtics. They just didn't appease or try to appeal to his needs. Despite the fact that Allen made this choice on his own. He could've come back even if he felt that the Celtics spit in his face. (Now we all know Ainge has the Celtics interest at heart. He makes the tough and gut wrenching decisions that we couldn't ever make in our lives.)

Well, I'm sorry Ray, sometimes in life there are things that just don't add up or go your way. You can't have your cake, and eat it too.

He says he has moved on from the Celtics, and he has let bygones be bygones. He talks about loyalty, and brings up the Isaiah Thomas trade. In actuality, the cases are both similar. Both were injured stars with worrisome medical diagnoses, and both were traded/departed for other rival teams. (Ironically, since both played with LeBron.)

If he has finally moved on, why does he keep the BOS in his mouth? We get it. Make your book, get your 15 more minutes of fame, and just leave us alone. We really don't care anymore.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Ray "Catfish" Allen.

catfish: (US)informal
(to) lure (someone) into a relationship by means of a fictional online persona.

Judas got catfished and now he is trying to catfish us!!

Benedict is trying to lure someone (Cs fans) back into a relationship by means of a fictional persona (Ray Ray, the honorable, forthright, Celtic forever guy.) Aint gonna work, Ray.

This is  New England, Ray.....lots of informed, passionate fans here. Insulting our intelligence by proffering these lame-ass, incongruous stories just buries you deeper and deeper.

GO AWAY!!!

EDIT: I know the catfish thing is a stretch, but I like the sound of Ray "Catfish" Allen better than Judas and Benedict.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:28:20 PM by csfansince60s »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
“He’s been retired for whatever years, and now he comes out with a book,” Rondo said of Allen. “People do that in that situation they need money. He should have hit me up and asked me for a loan or something. It’s no hard feelings.”

Rondo on the subject is pretty incredible  :P

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2018/03/18/just-wants-attention-rajon-rondo-responds-ray-allen-book-excerpts/ueY0vXHLwaOlUDjwOdMWwJ/story.html

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
“He’s been retired for whatever years, and now he comes out with a book,” Rondo said of Allen. “People do that in that situation they need money. He should have hit me up and asked me for a loan or something. It’s no hard feelings.”

Rondo on the subject is pretty incredible  :P

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2018/03/18/just-wants-attention-rajon-rondo-responds-ray-allen-book-excerpts/ueY0vXHLwaOlUDjwOdMWwJ/story.html
Hilarious.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Ray's ego has been digging him a hole for the last 5+ years, when a simple explanation would have worked a long time ago.

The fact is, in 2011 I played in the All-Star game. I felt I was still a starter and the best shooter in the league. So, when Boston offered me $6M I felt disrespected.

Turns out, free agency is a crazy thing and I ended up with less money, but that obviously wasn't the plan. Miami showed me a lot of love and I got caught up in the respect thing and winning another championship.

Nothing ever compared to my years in Boston, but I guess [stuff] happens. Knowing what I know now, I might have handled it differently.

I'm no PR expert, but something like that isn't rocket science.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Exactly. He dealt with Boston first. They gave him a $6 million a year offer. He wanted much more. So the $6 million offer showed they didn't want him? How? That's what they valued him at.

And then he goes to the open market and his market is $3 million a year. Obviously the Celtics did want him. They offered double the market price. So, I find Ray's rationalization on this to be complete rubbish.
If you heard his interview with S.A. Smith, he actually explained it quite well.  Essentially he had been negotiating with the C's and they told him they wanted to take care of KG and PP first.  When it came time to negotiate with him, they basically said, this is all we have, so take it or leave it.  Ray knew they had paid KG and PP a lot more money (and he wasn't saying he need their money), and they could have paid him more (they weren't limited to MLE or anything by cap rules), so to Ray it meant they didn't really want him when they didn't come up off of what they offered him.  the C's then signed Terry and moved on.  When Boston said no, the Clippers, Wolves, and Heat were all still on the table for Ray, but the Clippers apparently believed that Ray was just using them as leverage and signed Crawford, so Ray was then left with the Wolves and the Heat.  The Heat, were limited by cap rules and offered Ray the maximum that they could.  He believed the Heat were a better fit then the Wolves and signed with them. 

So when a team doesn't offer you what you believe you are worth when they could have and then end up taking the maximum another team can offer, even when it is less, there really is nothing all that inconsistent in what Ray says. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
So when a team doesn't offer you what you believe you are worth when they could have and then end up taking the maximum another team can offer, even when it is less, there really is nothing all that inconsistent in what Ray says.
LOL. For a smart guy, he looks really really dumb in this one. Well, either that, or he really didn't want to be here. Or had no idea what his value was. Or any of the above. Either way, thanks for the championship, good riddance, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Also, his "explanation" is nonsense. They weren't negotiating with Pierce when Ray left (he had resigned in 2010 and was in the second-to-last year of his deal), and Garnett had signed for cents on the dollar to stay (took a cut from $21 million to $11.5 million).

Rationalization is... wait, I already said that. Go away, Ray.