Author Topic: Predict IT4's next contract.  (Read 2254 times)

Predict IT4's next contract.
« on: March 30, 2018, 09:30:17 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
With who and for how much.

I'm going to guess isaiah signs with the pacers on a 4 year/$60m deal.

Not exactly the brinks truck offer he's looking for but probably higher than a lot of people on this board will predict..

Re: Predict IT4's next contract.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:46:49 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I see him getting a one-year 15-20 million contact similar to what we did with Amir.

He will be overpaid by someone who strikes out in FA and has space but wants to maintain flexibility and only tie the $$$ up for one year; and the contract can be used in a trade during the year to make the. numbers work for a highly paid player.

I'm too lazy to look up every teams $$$$ (cap) situation for next year. Too many variables to pinpoint teams now:expirings, options, salary floor, the following years cap considerations, draft picks, etc.

On a personal note, I hope he gets a huge 1 year and plays his ass off and parlays that into a big payday.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 09:49:07 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
One year $16M with the Lakers.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 09:50:19 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
2 yrs at $16M

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 09:57:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
One year $16M with the Lakers.
This
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 10:56:56 AM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
He's not even a $16m player pre-surgery.  My guess is he gets something like a 1yr +1 team option around $10M, at best.  I love IT like most of us, but he's cooked.  That cartilage isn't coming back.  He also hasn't shown well in terms of vet locker room presence either in CLE or LA.  Not good.

2 years ago I said it would be crazy to offer him a long-term, near-max deal.  When you're 5'9", you're playing a game of centimeters. All those crazy acrobatic finishes at the rim become blocked shots when you lose even 2% of your burst, and that's just to aging, let alone injury.  No player under 6' has EVER performed (20ppg) into their 30's.  I think Calvin Murphy had one 20ppg season at age 29 and maybe 2 other guys EVER scored even 15ppg in their 30's (stats of every season from every sub 6' player in history by age in that old thread).  Little guys fall off a cliff around 28.  IT's last season was historically good and an extreme outlier, but there's no way to transform your game when you're 5'9".

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 12:18:39 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I could not give a flying Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. about IT's next contract. He is a multi multi multi millionaire, he can do nothing but invest in stocks and he will be in the top 0.0001 percent of earners.

I hope he gets a bench role with a contender next year, and eventually wins a championship

There is something great about his being a shorter person. Short people are constantly up against it and looked down on (pardon the pun). He is a role model for anyone beating the odds, working uphill, and he ultimately deserves transcendent respect from the entire NBA community. He has mine. It's a shame that he won't get in the HOF. Webb, Bogues, and possibly Nate Rob, should all be in the HOF.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 12:24:51 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I could not give a flying **** about IT's next contract. He is a multi multi multi millionaire, he can do nothing but invest in stocks and he will be in the top 0.0001 percent of earners.

I hope he gets a bench role with a contender next year, and eventually wins a championship

There is something great about his being a shorter person. Short people are constantly up against it and looked down on (pardon the pun). He is a role model for anyone beating the odds, working uphill, and he ultimately deserves transcendent respect from the entire NBA community. He has mine. It's a shame that he won't get in the HOF. Webb, Bogues, and possibly Nate Rob, should all be in the HOF.

TP I've said this many times and I'm 100% in agreement with you. Don't feel bad for him he's rich no matter what, respect the hell out of him because of what he can do at his height and how he made Celtics fun to watch during the rebuild.
ok fine

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 12:28:25 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I see him getting a one-year 15-20 million contact similar to what we did with Amir.

He will be overpaid by someone who strikes out in FA and has space but wants to maintain flexibility and only tie the $$$ up for one year; and the contract can be used in a trade during the year to make the. numbers work for a highly paid player.

I'm too lazy to look up every teams $$$$ (cap) situation for next year. Too many variables to pinpoint teams now:expirings, options, salary floor, the following years cap considerations, draft picks, etc.

On a personal note, I hope he gets a huge 1 year and plays his ass off and parlays that into a big payday.

Agree, 60’s. Probably the Lakers.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 12:47:11 PM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I see the Knicks as a really good fit for him.  I'm no capologist, but it looks like they are over the cap.  Would he dare take the veteran minimum on a one year, make-good?  I'll say yes - he takes a gamble, over a $10 million backup offer for LAL.

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 01:17:28 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
2 year/$10m deal w/ second yr player option

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 10:12:56 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I could not give a flying **** about IT's next contract. He is a multi multi multi millionaire, he can do nothing but invest in stocks and he will be in the top 0.0001 percent of earners.

You lost me on Nate Robinson should be in the HOF.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 10:17:51 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

You lost me on Nate Robinson should be in the HOF.

That's where I started to agree..
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 10:24:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
1 year, $14 million. Lakers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 10:54:04 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
IT is still in a pretty good situation. Lakers, by all accounts, seem to see the writing on the wall as far as free agency this summer, and have made several comments about wanting to keep IT around.

If the Lakers flake out on the big free agents, which at this point seems inevitable, expect IT to get a Caldwell-Pope like 1 year big money deal to keep him around and for the Lakers to maintain long term flexibility while hitting the cap floor.

So I think 1 Year/$20 Million with the Lakers, possibly with a team option. Lakers gotta spend the money somewhere, and when they strike out on the market, they'll pay IT.
The only color that matters is GREEN