Author Topic: Tatum deserves a few calls, Mr. Ref !  (Read 1761 times)

Tatum deserves a few calls, Mr. Ref !
« on: March 29, 2018, 07:06:30 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
Watching the Celtics battle the Jazz and the refs was a little annoying.  Mitchell was getting the all-star treatment from the refs, while Tatum is still treated as a brand new rookie. Fouled and inhibited on drives to the basket, Tatum gets no calls. What gives?  Should I start another post about Gobert's moving picks (plus grabbing)?  Ah, no need for that.

Re: Tatum deserves a few calls, Mr. Ref !
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 04:52:36 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Watching the Celtics battle the Jazz and the refs was a little annoying.  Mitchell was getting the all-star treatment from the refs, while Tatum is still treated as a brand new rookie. Fouled and inhibited on drives to the basket, Tatum gets no calls. What gives?  Should I start another post about Gobert's moving picks (plus grabbing)?  Ah, no need for that.

Nationally televised game. The refs do whatever they can to keep those games close.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 06:52:55 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Nationally televised game. The refs do whatever they can to keep those games close.

sure seems that way.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 09:50:38 AM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
Should I start another post about Gobert's moving picks (plus grabbing)?  Ah, no need for that.

That was driving me crazy watching that game, it was so blatant and they wouldn't call it.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112

Agreed.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 12:14:54 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

Agreed.

Tatums issue is he doesn't flop all over the place like a mac truck hit him everytime he's touched. Dude powers through contact and I'd much rather that than him flopping like a wounded bird to sell the contact. Eventually as refs get use to seeing ok this kid is strong and doesn't act to get my attention he'll get calls. Rookies getting calls is a rarity and usually reserved for the actors.
ok fine

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 01:23:00 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
It's a Boston sports team. Professional sport leagues do not like Boston sports teams.

They hate the Patriots, Red Sox, and they will soon hate the Celtics for being relevant again.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 01:45:04 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

sure seems that way.

If one team gets ahead by more than ten, the refs start making calls against them.

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 09:42:03 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
Tatum getting tooled by the refs again tonight. 

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 09:56:36 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Tatum getting tooled by the refs again tonight.

Yeah, the missed dunk attempt in the 1st where Doris Burke said, 'Welcome to Toronto!' going to commercial break was clearly a foul across the arm. He also should have had an and-1 a few minutes later on a semi-fast break.

But I don't think a lack of fouls on Tatum is the real problem tonight. This is easily one of the worst offensive games of the season!

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 09:58:27 PM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
That was a hack, for surr