Author Topic: Thomas will undego hip Surgery  (Read 4133 times)

Re: Thomas will undego hip Surgery
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2018, 12:41:09 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I hope for one of two outcomes: a) A struggling team without a face to the franchise (e.g., Knicks) overpays Isaiah on a short-term contract; b) He's given an opportunity by a contender (even as a sixth man) to compete on the big stage again.

*Not the Warriors or Rockets.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2018, 12:46:59 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
So who would you sign with MLE-level (8-9Mn) money this summer? IT or Marcus Smart?
- LilRip

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2018, 01:42:59 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I hope for one of two outcomes: a) A struggling team without a face to the franchise (e.g., Knicks) overpays Isaiah on a short-term contract; b) He's given an opportunity by a contender (even as a sixth man) to compete on the big stage again.

If I'm the Knicks, I think about signing IT to a 2 yr, $20m deal. He would be a good complement to Frank Ntilikina and Porzingis. They don't need to negotiate against themselves, so if truly no other team gives IT an offer over the minimum, they get him on the cheap. I still think there's going to be one sucker that spends the money. Every FA period there's a bad contract handed out.

I dunno, I think fans there are already allergic to that name.  ;D

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2018, 02:21:41 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
IT's hip surgery - One year and one Celtic medical staff too late.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2018, 04:28:31 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
IT is still in a pretty good situation. Lakers, by all accounts, seem to see the writing on the wall as far as free agency this summer, and have made several comments about wanting to keep IT around.

If the Lakers flake out on the big free agents, which at this point seems inevitable, expect IT to get a Caldwell-Pope like 1 year big money deal to keep him around and for the Lakers to maintain long term flexibility while hitting the cap floor.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2018, 08:44:12 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
IT is still in a pretty good situation. Lakers, by all accounts, seem to see the writing on the wall as far as free agency this summer, and have made several comments about wanting to keep IT around.

If the Lakers flake out on the big free agents, which at this point seems inevitable, expect IT to get a Caldwell-Pope like 1 year big money deal to keep him around and for the Lakers to maintain long term flexibility while hitting the cap floor.

Why won't they sign Paul George?

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2018, 02:18:19 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Just noticed on TV (ESPN ticker) that IT is expected to miss four months after arthroscopic surgery

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2018, 06:49:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Why won't they sign Paul George?

They certainly will if he decides to leave .   Magic wants George and Lebron .   He wanted Cousins too,before he got hurt . You can bet they will be throwing the bank at those two.  Lebron is just waiting to see if George signs with Lakers .  If not , Im not sure Lebron wants to rebuild with rookies in LA.  Im sure Lebron wants on the Rockets .....but if Im DiAntoni ...I don't want him near my Rockets .   Lebron can never join a team as a player ...he has to be big cheese and dominate the whole organization .  That won't fly in Houston.   Doc Rivers is a AAA butt kisser and he could deal with Lebron.  Hey....less actual coaching ...let Lebron do everything.