Poll

Who Do You Hope We Play In The First Round?

Miami
31 (50.8%)
Washington
3 (4.9%)
Milwaukee
27 (44.3%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Milwaukee, Miami or Washington?  (Read 18924 times)

Re: 2nd seed basically locked. Who do we want to face in 1st round ? (poll)
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2018, 03:23:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Don’t care. Not winning any series

I absolutely think we have a chance to beat any of the 3 teams we might face.  It seems like the doom and gloom crowd has gotten stronger after the news that Kyrie is gone for the year.  Well we knew he was going to be gone for this 1st round series for a while.  As long as we don't lose anyone else to injury and have this team I think we have a good shot to getting to the 2nd round:

Rozier / Brown / Tatum / Al / Baynes
Morris / Monroe / Larkin / Semi

Morris and Monroe are going to be key.  They are veterans that have playoff experience.  They need to play well.  Rozier is also a wildcard.  He has played really well for most of the time Kyrie has been out.  If that continues, and we get good play form Morris and Monroe we are in good shape.

Probably would have the best chance against Miami, but I don't think beating the other two teams is out of reach.  I mean we just went on a 6 game win streak without Kyrie and beat 4 playoff teams.  So now all of the sudden that doesn't matter and we are toast to the barely-made-it-into-the playoffs?

Re: Milwaukee, Miami or Washington?
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2018, 09:58:38 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
So with Milwaukees win today where's that put us closer to, still playing them? And Cavs/Raptors in the second round?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2018, 11:16:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
So with Milwaukees win today where's that put us closer to, still playing them? And Cavs/Raptors in the second round?

I think Miami holds the tiebreaker over Milwaukee at the moment, so it's still Miami #6, Milwaukee #7, and Washington #8. All of them have two games left.

Miami's remaining games are against OKC and TOR. Milwaukee's remaining games are vs. ORL, and @PHI. And Washington's remaining games are against BOS and @ORL.

Truthfully, my guess is, Miami loses their final two games, Milwaukee goes 1-1, and Washington goes 2-0.

In that case, WAS finishes 44-38, MIL finish 44-38, and MIA finishes 43-39. So that means we either play MIL or WAS (idk who owns that tiebreaker to be honest).

Although we're undermanned, I think if we somehow beat WAS on Tuesday night, we have a great shot at avoiding them 1st round and instead play MIA.

Or we could hope MIA sneaks by a victory somewhere.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2018, 11:54:32 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I think it's very likely we play MIL. MIA owns tiebreaker over MIL, so that would mean MIL is the lower seed.

Does anyone know who owns the tiebreaker between MIL and WAS if it came down to that?

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I think it's very likely we play MIL. MIA owns tiebreaker over MIL, so that would mean MIL is the lower seed.

Does anyone know who owns the tiebreaker between MIL and WAS if it came down to that?

I heard Washington owns the tiebreaker. If Washington wins their last two games and Milwaukee loses at Philly then Milwaukee finishes 8th.

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2018, 12:30:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I heard Washington owns the tiebreaker. If Washington wins their last two games and Milwaukee loses at Philly then Milwaukee finishes 8th.

TP, Thanks! But ugh, that's not good for us then. Facing WAS in the 1st round won't bode well for us at all w/o Smart as well. Much rather play MIA or MIL.

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2018, 12:45:42 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

TP, Thanks! But ugh, that's not good for us then. Facing WAS in the 1st round won't bode well for us at all w/o Smart as well. Much rather play MIA or MIL.
Wizards are a big mess right now. At first I wanted the bucks , now I want the Wizards.
They are 2-8 in their last 10.

« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2018, 01:40:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Wizards are a big mess right now. At first I wanted the bucks , now I want the Wizards.
They are 2-8 in their last 10.

I'm curious to see how tomorrow's game between BOS and WAS goes.

I think Brad plays everyone that's available tomorrow while resting them for the final game, so it will be interesting to see how our guys play against WAS (unless WAS decides to rest multiple stars too).

I'll be encouraged if we hang with them (win or lose), but would be extremely discouraged if we get blown out (and that also means WAS is closer to locking up #7 seed to face us).

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2018, 02:34:37 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Wizard are a worse team with John Wall, their chemistry is a mess

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2018, 06:22:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Wizard are a worse team with John Wall, their chemistry is a mess

True, but the reality is we would be playing them without Kyrie, Hayward and Smart. Going to need Jaylen to play some elite defense on Wall and guys like Morris, Rozier and Tatum to step up as well big time.

If we had Smart, I'd be a little more confident, since Smart has shown he can defend Wall fairly well (or at least "contain" him to an extent). Bradley was key last year as well during that Wizards series.

Their chemistry certainly is a mess though, and I feel a lot better about guarding Gortat now that we have guys like Monroe/Baynes instead of Amir/Zeller/Olynyk/Mickey.

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2018, 07:12:32 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Bucks have the worst record by far among NBA playoff teams against teams with a .500+ record. They're my pick followed by MIA which has the worst road record among EC playoff teams. WAS plays up/down to their opponents and is the team I'd rather duck.

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2018, 08:08:29 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
If Miami loses today do they fall to 7th?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:13:46 PM by j804 »
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2018, 09:44:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

According to your predictions of records above, I believe we would then play Milwaukee. Washington would finish tied with Milwaukee, but hold the tie breaker for 6th, Milwaukee would finish 7th, and Miami would finish 1 game behind those two in 8th.

And as it stands now - with a Milwaukee win (but loss to the Sixers on Wed) and the first of Miami's two losses - we are still on track for these predictions. The only wrench in the works is if we beat Washington or Toronto rests everybody against Miami.

Hey, at least BKN is on a nice little run!

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2018, 09:55:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

According to your predictions of records above, I believe we would then play Milwaukee. Washington would finish tied with Milwaukee, but hold the tie breaker for 6th, Milwaukee would finish 7th, and Miami would finish 1 game behind those two in 8th.

And as it stands now - with a Milwaukee win (but loss to the Sixers on Wed) and the first of Miami's two losses - we are still on track for these predictions. The only wrench in the works is if we beat Washington or Toronto rests everybody against Miami.

Hey, at least BKN is on a nice little run!

Toronto might need to win that game to have a better record than Golden State, yes?

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2018, 09:56:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Heat lose to OKC. Heat are now the 7th seed. Okc clinches a playoff seed