Author Topic: IT out for next 2 games - sore hip  (Read 2695 times)

Re: IT out for next 2 games - sore hip
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 03:12:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If he has learnt his lesson from last season, he should sit for the rest of the season

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 03:29:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
If he has learnt his lesson from last season, he should sit for the rest of the season

That wouldn't be too smart if getting paid is the goal.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 03:43:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

which team is going to pay a 5 ft 30 year old guard with a bad hip reoccurring injury

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 03:52:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

which team is going to pay a 5 ft 30 year old guard with a bad hip reoccurring injury
Not to mention one that seems to have had some issues getting along with his teammates lately.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Idk but he been demanding the brinks truck!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 04:04:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

IMO ....he can't get his hip back to pointt he can beat on it for a grueling NBA season , playing the level ball GMs and Fan expect , one that could land him monster contract .

His sitting is just calming the injury down , one that does not mend on its own ...such that he can play NBA level ball and not get pain .   

If he keeps sitting , he is gonna slip right out of the big contract forever with age not on his side.

Given the operation is no sure fire thing....it beats no chance  .  I believe it is his only slim hope for the brinks truck payday.

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 04:15:44 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
If IT is truly confident he can get back to all star form, this would be my plan for him: Sign a one year deal with the Spurs for whatever they can offer. Spend a year with Pop in that system making a playoff run with Kawhi (assuming he comes back) and Lamarcus and that infrastructure and then look for a long term payday.

If there's any question, though, just get the longest contract he can from whoever will give it to him because I'm pessimistic about his ability to ever even be a starter again, let alone an all star.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2018, 05:30:25 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Did anyone actually think this wouldn't happen at some point? He should have had his hip surgically repaired this past summer. At least that would have given him a better chance at a full recovery.

Yep, he really messed up there. 

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2018, 05:38:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
IT's mouth got him traded out of Cleveland and probably out of Boston as well.  He just doesn't know when to shut up and play.  That said, shame his hip is acting up again.

Pretty harsh.

I think the fact that he wasn't healthy and was playing terrible was the main factor. If he was playing lights out, they Bron Bron would have certainly put up with a few comments about bad defense and stuff.

TP, but fixed it for you.

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Did anyone actually think this wouldn't happen at some point? He should have had his hip surgically repaired this past summer. At least that would have given him a better chance at a full recovery.

IT's out two games... Kyrie's out 2 months... Which one is injury prone?

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2018, 08:09:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Thomas has a degenerative hip condition that is only going to get worse.  Thomas, so far, has refused any surgery that might alleviate this condition.

Irving has a structurally sound knee that needed some minor maintenance related to a previous, and successful, surgery.

I'll take the guy that is younger with the structurally sound joint over the older player with a degenerative joint.

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 08:12:00 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

Pervis Ellison
ok fine

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 09:06:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I still think Isaiah will net a pretty good contract this summer.

I could see a team like the Knicks or Magic offer him something around 2/40M, or 3/60M (3rd year option). Or the Lakers, if they strike out on all max options, could sign Isaiah to a 1 year, near-max deal, which hypothetically they could also use as a salary-matching asset if they do want to acquire some star at next year's deadline (since he's also an expiring).

But I think Isaiah needs to make a wise decision here. Continuing to play and damaging the hip even more could be very detrimental and possibly cost him his only chance(s) at getting paid in the near future.

He's not getting a max (unless the Lakers are fine giving him a 1 year max), but he still has a shot to garner a decent 2-3 year contract at around 17-20 M/Year.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller