Author Topic: The Official Sacramento Kings Watch Thread?  (Read 5003 times)

Re: The Official Sacramento Kings Watch Thread?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 05:48:36 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
the time is now  :D

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2018, 11:42:59 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=95969.0#msg2483507

Eddie20 posted the latest 2019 ESPN mock draft. SAC pick is projected as #2 on there! Interested to see where other mock drafts or win projections will have them, as well as MEM with Conley's return (#4 on ESPN mock - top 8 protected) and LAC w/o Blake (#16 on ESPN mock - lottery protected).

Both MEM and LAC at #4 and #16 surprised me. LAC seems like a long shot, while MEM seems like a lock to convey if Conley's healthy again.

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
unfortunately i expect knicks to tank below Sac

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 11:29:03 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Three more days until this watch is 100% confirmed!!!

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 11:38:18 AM »

Offline Kevins Gamble

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'm confused...Sac was the 8th worst team this year with a bunch of rookies running the show.  Next year when they get Giles back, why would we assume these rookies wouldn't gel more and play better than 8th worst in both leagues?  Even if they don't dramatically improve...I'm not sure how ESPN places them at the #2 spot...
"AAAAAHAHAAAAHHAAA....take that with your beard....AAAAHHHHAAHHHAAHHAAH..YAAAHHHAHAHAH!!!"
- Cedric Maxwell, Esq

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 12:07:26 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I'm confused...Sac was the 8th worst team this year with a bunch of rookies running the show.  Next year when they get Giles back, why would we assume these rookies wouldn't gel more and play better than 8th worst in both leagues?  Even if they don't dramatically improve...I'm not sure how ESPN places them at the #2 spot...

Agreed. It’s great if it happens but I don’t see why anybody would expect it. Barring injuries, I think we have a better shot at getting the 2d pick this year in the lotto than the Kings ending next year with the 2d worst record.

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2018, 12:19:30 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
If you had to pick, would you have preferred DA just ask for the LAL pick this year and be done with it? It was his idea to put in the 2-5 when Philly asked for the top pick protection.
If we got the LAL pick this it would be (most likely) #10. So, would you still roll the dice and take the Sac pick next year and hope it doesn't land first?
There are good players to be had at #10 this year so it's really a sucky situation as next years draft doesn't look as good especially if HS kids aren't allowed in and its possible we get stuck with the Philly pick, though I think it's improbable.

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2018, 12:30:31 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Agreed. It’s great if it happens but I don’t see why anybody would expect it. Barring injuries, I think we have a better shot at getting the 2d pick this year in the lotto than the Kings ending next year with the 2d worst record.
because the rest of the nba teams developing  faster and have better talent. The kings hodge podge of inexperienced players from the cousins trade is ripe to be defeated by the ultra hungry and talented western teams 

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
If you had to pick, would you have preferred DA just ask for the LAL pick this year and be done with it? It was his idea to put in the 2-5 when Philly asked for the top pick protection.
If we got the LAL pick this it would be (most likely) #10. So, would you still roll the dice and take the Sac pick next year and hope it doesn't land first?
There are good players to be had at #10 this year so it's really a sucky situation as next years draft doesn't look as good especially if HS kids aren't allowed in and its possible we get stuck with the Philly pick, though I think it's improbable.
Danny did good with the protection. Getting a raw undeveloped project  at 10 to occupy salary isn't the best strategy. We need ready to play elite talent that we can plug in and just play right away. Well we don't need it but it looks like we prefer that at the top of the draft for the most part. I know brown wad a project but he was top 3. Danny likes the very top of the draft. He's good at it too

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 04:15:35 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Three more days until this watch is 100% confirmed!!!

Tomorrow!!!  :D

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 04:20:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
One more day until this thread will need to be locked cuz we won the lottery

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 04:34:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Because Sacramento is just bad and a large number of teams that finished below them this year just flat out tanked and aren't really that bad. 

That said, a lot can change this summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 04:48:30 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

TP. 

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 05:29:08 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker

So optimistic. TP to you sir. 

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 01:31:12 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
So, Kings are getting either Ayton or Doncic (or maaaybe Porter as an outside chance)

Ayton:

Somehow the Suns ruin their pick, and Ayton falls in Sac's lap. Potentially very good for C's as Doncic is arguably more NBA ready. Also Sac probably consider moving one or more of their troop of bigs for future picks, (which could be handy for Boston itself - hello Willy Cauley-Stein. Ayton probably takes a little while to get going in the big leagues, which also augurs well.

Doncic:

Most likely. There is zero chance Doncic doesn't have at least a reasonably successful career. With really good passing (no offense De' Aaron) Labissiere, Cauley-Stein's numbers probably go up. Hield find better spots to shoot. Although he was a little rough this year from three, he is an undeniably good shooter who will find himself open in the NBA. I suspect if they take Doncic, they are more likely to bring in some veteran talent (including bringing back Shumpert, Vince) and possibly looking at a mid-tier FA like Ariza, Caldwell-Pope Avery B, or JJ Reddick.

Porter:

Porter, despite being super young and raw, already has a VERY polished game, my sense is they would try a little vet building. Lots of ruumors out there that Sac want him bad. Probably the second best option for the pick (after Ayton).

What is your thoughts? Does Sac's choice with the 2nd pick affect the pick's likelihood of conveying? If so, how?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.