Author Topic: The Official Sacramento Kings Watch Thread?  (Read 5002 times)

Re: The Official Sacramento Kings Watch Thread?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 01:34:41 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So, Kings are getting either Ayton or Doncic (or maaaybe Porter as an outside chance)

Ayton:

Somehow the Suns ruin their pick, and Ayton falls in Sac's lap. Potentially very good for C's as Doncic is arguably more NBA ready. Also Sac probably consider moving one or more of their troop of bigs for future picks, (which could be handy for Boston itself - hello Willy Cauley-Stein. Ayton probably takes a little while to get going in the big leagues, which also augurs well.

Doncic:

Most likely. There is zero chance Doncic doesn't have at least a reasonably successful career. With really good passing (no offense De' Aaron) Labissiere, Cauley-Stein's numbers probably go up. Hield find better spots to shoot. Although he was a little rough this year from three, he is an undeniably good shooter who will find himself open in the NBA. I suspect if they take Doncic, they are more likely to bring in some veteran talent (including bringing back Shumpert, Vince) and possibly looking at a mid-tier FA like Ariza, Caldwell-Pope Avery B, or JJ Reddick.

Porter:

Porter, despite being super young and raw, already has a VERY polished game, my sense is they would try a little vet building. Lots of ruumors out there that Sac want him bad. Probably the second best option for the pick (after Ayton).

What is your thoughts? Does Sac's choice with the 2nd pick affect the pick's likelihood of conveying? If so, how?
I don't think the player Sacramento picks will alter the likelihood of the pick conveying (unless they pick someone and they get a serious injury, which would be terrible). But certain players definitely give them a better chance of winning than others.

Doncic would slide very neatly next to Hield and Fox, and would probably be the worst-case scenario for us.

I hope that Ayton goes to them, with Doncic going #1. A big man with oodles of talent but a questionable motor is the Sacramento go-to!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 01:50:29 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
So, Kings are getting either Ayton or Doncic (or maaaybe Porter as an outside chance)

Ayton:

Somehow the Suns ruin their pick, and Ayton falls in Sac's lap. Potentially very good for C's as Doncic is arguably more NBA ready. Also Sac probably consider moving one or more of their troop of bigs for future picks, (which could be handy for Boston itself - hello Willy Cauley-Stein. Ayton probably takes a little while to get going in the big leagues, which also augurs well.

Doncic:

Most likely. There is zero chance Doncic doesn't have at least a reasonably successful career. With really good passing (no offense De' Aaron) Labissiere, Cauley-Stein's numbers probably go up. Hield find better spots to shoot. Although he was a little rough this year from three, he is an undeniably good shooter who will find himself open in the NBA. I suspect if they take Doncic, they are more likely to bring in some veteran talent (including bringing back Shumpert, Vince) and possibly looking at a mid-tier FA like Ariza, Caldwell-Pope Avery B, or JJ Reddick.

Porter:

Porter, despite being super young and raw, already has a VERY polished game, my sense is they would try a little vet building. Lots of ruumors out there that Sac want him bad. Probably the second best option for the pick (after Ayton).

What is your thoughts? Does Sac's choice with the 2nd pick affect the pick's likelihood of conveying? If so, how?
I don't think the player Sacramento picks will alter the likelihood of the pick conveying (unless they pick someone and they get a serious injury, which would be terrible). But certain players definitely give them a better chance of winning than others.

Doncic would slide very neatly next to Hield and Fox, and would probably be the worst-case scenario for us.

I hope that Ayton goes to them, with Doncic going #1. A big man with oodles of talent but a questionable motor is the Sacramento go-to!

Agreed, and TP but only because you have 18 (!). How did that happen?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2018, 01:10:35 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Ayton:

Doncic:

Porter:

Agreed, and TP but only because you have 18 (!). How did that happen?

TP bet in the Cavs series Game 7

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2018, 01:43:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Ayton:

Doncic:

Porter:

If there is a way to screwup the 2nd pick in this draft the kings will find a way!

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2018, 01:51:40 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Newest mock draft has them taking Bagley:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=96694.msg2525397#new

Mike