Author Topic: The Official Sacramento Kings Watch Thread?  (Read 5000 times)

The Official Sacramento Kings Watch Thread?
« on: March 26, 2018, 02:16:45 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
So I know this is stupid early, but I love these threads more than actually winning games, so I'm starting it. I understand if it gets locked in any case.

I think it's actually getting interesting with Sac now. They are now sitting on the 7th pick - just missing out on the "Big 5" (Porter, Doncic, Bamba, Ayton, Bagley), which augurs well for them having to settle for Jaren J, Young, Sexton etc.. basically a guy with holes in their game which will need to be ironed out over time. Unlikely that even if they do land Ayton or Doncic that they will be competetive next year, but I'm just saying the better they do now, the less awesome their pick will be and the less likely they surprise next year and ruin the pick.

So basically to stay there, we need to them to win a few more games.. They still have to play Lakers, Suns, Memphis..among some tough games against GSW, Hou, and SAS.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: The Official Sacramento Kings Watch Thread?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 03:10:43 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
If only the Lakers sucked a lot this year and the Celtics would all likelihood land a "Big 5" talent pick.  :'(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 06:50:42 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Odds are long but we still have a shot of Lakers landing 2-3. Someone do the math? Assuming Charlotte and Detroit have better record?

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I think someone posted a link about this in another thread
Today there is about 3% chances to get 2nd 3rd pick

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 07:59:11 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Also for next year I could see the 3 teams below them in the west leapfrog them.  The Grizzlies will get Conly back (still want them to finish bottom 8 to roll the pick over),  I can see the Mavs being aggressive in the FA market as Cuban typically doesn’t like to tank, and I generally like the Suns talent base a little better than the Kings.

I feel like Randolph especially earlier in the season really helped the Kings to get some extra wins.  I can’t see him going back there next year.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 10:09:05 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Also for next year I could see the 3 teams below them in the west leapfrog them.  The Grizzlies will get Conly back (still want them to finish bottom 8 to roll the pick over),  I can see the Mavs being aggressive in the FA market as Cuban typically doesn’t like to tank, and I generally like the Suns talent base a little better than the Kings.

I feel like Randolph especially earlier in the season really helped the Kings to get some extra wins.  I can’t see him going back there next year.
Zach is signed next year. We should have no problem with their pick. We also have Memphis (protected 1-8) and clippers picks (Protected (1-14).
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 11:49:12 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
is the kings pick next year unprotected? i thought it still had some conditions on it.

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 12:02:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
is the kings pick next year unprotected? i thought it still had some conditions on it.

Boston technically owns the better of the Sixers/Kings pick next year, protected for the #1 pick only.

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 12:30:19 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Boston technically owns the better of the Sixers/Kings pick next year, protected for the #1 pick only.

Won’t be the Sixers unless Embiid goes down.

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Let’s hope HS guys become eligible starting 2019 draft. Will add good depth to that draft. Especially bigs.

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 01:00:03 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

It WILL be the sixers if the kings pick lands at #1.  That's the worse case scenario.

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

It WILL be the sixers if the kings pick lands at #1.  That's the worse case scenario.

Yeah, worst case is the Kings landing the #1 pick and the Sixers making the playoffs again, possibly even finishing with a better record than they will this season. That's definitely a concern.

But, in the grand scheme of things, I'm not terribly worried about it. We likely already won that trade. Instead of either being stuck with Fultz, or drafting Tatum at #1, we gained an extra pick for taking the player it seem Ainge preferred anyways. The question at this point seems to be how much extra value Boston gained with that trade.

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 01:40:12 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

That means the Kings need to suck, but not too much like Memphis and Phoenix this year so they won't fall #1 pick. The 76ers are already crazy in talent as they are right now.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 02:27:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

condition is that it MUST go to the Pelicans in trade for Davis.  ;)

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 03:04:09 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

condition is that it MUST go to the Pelicans in trade for Davis.  ;)

haha! TP