Author Topic: I don't understand why Jordan Crawford is out of the league!  (Read 1481 times)

I don't understand why Jordan Crawford is out of the league!
« on: March 25, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
Like how can this guy not fill a roster spot? It's crazy

Regardless of how you view the extent of his talent, the man is an NBA ball player at 29 years old. A talented combo guard. He is one of the few unsigned players who can win you ball games, he has no injury history, and he can even sort of distribute.

Danny was out there looking at Kilpatrick over Crawford, that's just disrespectful. Kilpatrick can't score or pass like Crawford, who played great basketball for Brad Stevens.

I'm sorry I just don't get why this young man is out of the NBA so frequently, he's rehabbed his image and everything.

I'd love to bring him home, thoughts?

Re: I don't understand why Jordan Crawford is out of the league!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 10:45:30 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

Regardless of how you view the extent of his talent, the man is an NBA ball player at 29 years old. A talented combo guard. He is one of the few unsigned players who can win you ball games, he has no injury history, and he can even sort of distribute.

Danny was out there looking at Kilpatrick over Crawford, that's just disrespectful. Kilpatrick can't score or pass like Crawford, who played great basketball for Brad Stevens.

I'm sorry I just don't get why this young man is out of the NBA so frequently, he's rehabbed his image and everything.

High volume gunner who plays olay defense. Hard pass.
ok fine

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 11:09:49 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'll give a TP to the OP for this one. While I'm not the biggest fan of Crawford, he should probably be on a roster somewhere. Given that he played well for the Cs a few years ago and we are desperate for bench guards (please spare me any more of Nader), I don't see any reason not to bring him in on a 10-day contract and see where it goes from there.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73

High volume gunner who plays olay defense. Hard pass.
The Cavs have J.R. Smith and the Dubs have Swaggy P.

Compared to those two Crawford is actually a pretty measured and reasonable player  ;D

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 12:58:11 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
I'll give a TP to the OP for this one. While I'm not the biggest fan of Crawford, he should probably be on a roster somewhere. Given that he played well for the Cs a few years ago and we are desperate for bench guards (please spare me any more of Nader), I don't see any reason not to bring him in on a 10-day contract and see where it goes from there.

Sorry to bring up his name again.....causes too much stress in this group.

I doubt Nadar's leaving. He had a great summer league in 2016 and volunteered to go to Maine last year. Likely, he got some sort of guarantee from Danny that he'd be on the roster come 2017-2018. If he cut him then agreements like this would be worthless in the future. There's no written proof of such an agreement, but seems fairly obvious.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 01:09:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Sorry to bring up his name again.....causes too much stress in this group.

I doubt Nadar's leaving. He had a great summer league in 2016 and volunteered to go to Maine last year. Likely, he got some sort of guarantee from Danny that he'd be on the roster come 2017-2018. If he cut him then agreements like this would be worthless in the future. There's no written proof of such an agreement, but seems fairly obvious.

I've thought the very same thing. Ainge is trying to prove to potential future 2nd round draft picks and agents that if you work hard you can earn a place with the big club. I do think having two-way players made this arrangement a little obsolete, but it does show good will. It is honestly the only explanation that Nader is on the roster and [enter any NBA veteran FA here] is not. He seems like a good guy and a hard worker, but he is clearly not ready - especially with so many injuries.

As for Crawford, we would just be using the hardship exemption on him so that wouldn't affect a roster spot. It would be a feel-good story if he came in here and played well.

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 03:04:26 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 03:16:11 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-pelicans-sign-former-warriors-193821848.html

He’s latching in with the Pels.

Again? How odd. Why couldn't they have just kept him in the first place, lol?

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 03:23:50 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-pelicans-sign-former-warriors-193821848.html

Again? How odd. Why couldn't they have just kept him in the first place, lol?
Because guys that can just score and can't defend, create for others efficiently or don't have size nor length, (pretty much do anything else) are the easiest to replace in the league. That is especially true when you have AD, Jrue (who lost the ball due to team concepts and is a far superior version of JC), DMC (after his injury Jrue got the ball more) and our old friend Rondo (who provides value on offense exclusively with the ball in his hands) on your team.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:39:51 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 08:22:29 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

That's a little bit hilarious. He joins former C's guards Rondo and E'Twan Moore.

Wonder if they'll parade into their practice facility with their old C's jerseys for some 3-on-3.