Author Topic: Curry MCL sprained, out of 1st round of playoffs at least  (Read 1464 times)

Re: Warriors say I see your Kyrie and I match you with a Curry
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 10:53:57 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I'm not buying all these Warrior injuries. clever way to get your superstars rest. I'm not bias I just hate Kerr  ;D

Hate is a strong word.
ok fine

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 11:48:21 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I  don't think it is a trick. It could make sense to rest Curry or anyone for a week but 3 ????? You needed to have your stars as fresh as possible in the playoffs but you also need them to have some rhythm ....

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 11:59:24 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i expect that the warriors will make it out of the first round even without curry. they are a very good team.

so, curry can use the first round to get back into shape.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Curry MCL sprained, out of 1st round of playoffs at least
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 07:58:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22912497/golden-state-warriors-coach-steve-kerr-says-steph-curry-play-first-round-playoffs

Its not known how long curry will be out. Grade 2 mcl sprain. The warriors are 13-8 without curry which isn't impressive

Do we see the warriors get knocked out?

Re: Curry MCL sprained, out of 1st round of playoffs at least
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 08:04:21 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Even without Curry if everyone else is good to go they should win a first round series, and probably even the second round series without him. But its gonna be a lot more interesting. Utah in the first round would be fun.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 08:17:54 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I hope they meet the Jazz. If there is one team that could pull an upset its them.

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 09:26:00 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
They'll be fine. They still have more than enough talent to win a first-round matchup.

And even if they didn't, the NBA's not gonna let them lose in the first round.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 12:18:45 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
They could legitimately lose in the 1st round without Curry and it almost certainly won't be a sweep even if they win, which just provides more wear and tear for the playoff grind for the rest of the team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 10:32:17 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
i expect that the warriors will make it out of the first round even without curry. they are a very good team.

Not that I trust a word that comes out of any of their mouths, but now they are saying Curry won’t play in the first round, which could mean him returning in the second round against a quality team. That would certainly make things a lot more interesting. Him not 100% or rusty from a month off could be the difference against a team like OKC or MIN or SAS (with Kawhi).
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 06:34:49 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Not that I trust a word that comes out of any of their mouths, but now they are saying Curry won’t play in the first round, which could mean him returning in the second round against a quality team. That would certainly make things a lot more interesting. Him not 100% or rusty from a month off could be the difference against a team like OKC or MIN or SAS (with Kawhi).
they could easily play any of those teams in the first round
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 08:08:32 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Well maybe not SAS. I mean if the Warriors are going to be less of a team because of a month of rust on Curry, just how much less of a team will SAS be with Kawhi having played only 9 games in the last year? Going to be some hefty rust there because there is no word of him returning in the regular season.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 09:10:59 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I hope they meet the Jazz. If there is one team that could pull an upset its them.

Utah definitely would have a strong chance at beating the Warriors without Curry. That's the matchup I'm hoping for. That Utah team is fun to watch.