Author Topic: Kyrie to have Knee Procedure  (Read 10107 times)

Re: Kyrie to have Knee Procedure
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The curse of IT strikes again!

There is no curse, say hi to the Easter Bunny for me.

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2018, 09:27:42 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
"Minimally invasive"?

Do we have a (real) doctor in the house to explain?

i keep reading on line it is to remove the screws in his knee .   

OUCH 😬

If it's to get screws removed he's not going to be back this year. If it's an arthroscopy...maybe.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2018, 10:14:20 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Ugh, another season ender...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2018, 12:36:42 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

We just don't know that.

Man C's fans are a pessimistic lot.

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2018, 07:05:03 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

We just don't know that.

Man C's fans are a pessimistic lot.

With reason. Very often.

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2018, 08:31:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
so something in his knee is wrong ,  just what may decide if he returns this season.If cartilage is missing thats a bad thing ,  cartilage transplant takes a while to heal. . Im hoping , they see irritation from the screws and can remove them, much shorter recovery.

Walking wounded Celtics

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2018, 09:41:32 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Listen to Adam Kaufman podcast interview with Duke orthopedic surgeon. If just removing screws (20% likelihood), 6-8 week recovery. If necessary to scrape cartilage, 6-8 month recovery. Doc feels 80% chance Kyrie’s knee problem is arthritis/cartilage damage that will affect him the rest of his career. I’m paraphrasing but man that interview was alarming. Sure hope he is wrong but bottom line is I’d be very surprised if Kyrie returns this season or playoffs, and I pray he will be able to resume his play next year without pain.

Sorry to share such a gloomy forecast.

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2018, 01:56:24 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Listen to Adam Kaufman podcast interview with Duke orthopedic surgeon. If just removing screws (20% likelihood), 6-8 week recovery. If necessary to scrape cartilage, 6-8 month recovery. Doc feels 80% chance Kyrie’s knee problem is arthritis/cartilage damage that will affect him the rest of his career. I’m paraphrasing but man that interview was alarming. Sure hope he is wrong but bottom line is I’d be very surprised if Kyrie returns this season or playoffs, and I pray he will be able to resume his play next year without pain.

While this doesn't necessarily mean that Kyrie cannot play and play well, it certainly makes it more likely that he will not play or play well.

I stand by an earlier point I made:  Danny needs to take a whole lot of crap for this.  This injury was known and gave away a top-5 picks for Kyrie.

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2018, 01:59:31 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

While this doesn't necessarily mean that Kyrie cannot play and play well, it certainly makes it more likely that he will not play or play well.

I stand by an earlier point I made:  Danny needs to take a whole lot of crap for this.  This injury was known and gave away a top-5 picks for Kyrie.

This trade is biting him real bad now...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2018, 02:30:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

lol no it isnt. Isaiah Thomas is currently coming off the bench for a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty lakers team. Jae Crowder is shooting 41/33/82 while coming off the bench for the Jazz. The Nets are likely to finish with the 6th best draft odds.

We on the other hand, have Kyrie Irving who has led us to the 2 seed in the East.

We currently are winners in the trade and it's not close.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2018, 02:36:16 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

lol no it isnt. Isaiah Thomas is currently coming off the bench for a ****ty lakers team. Jae Crowder is shooting 41/33/82 while coming off the bench for the Jazz. The Nets are likely to finish with the 6th best draft odds.

We on the other hand, have Kyrie Irving who has led us to the 2 seed in the East.

IT lead the team to the #1 seed in the East, so that is pointless.

We also don't have Kyrie Irving for very long.  He has one more year on his contract, and now he has a confirmed kneed problem that Ainge even said he will have to deal with his whole career.  Are you going to give that guy a max contract after 2019?  If not, he will likely walk, and then they will have nothing to show for that trade.

I am a huge Danny Ainge supporter but he needs to get dumped on for this situation.  This is not a freak injury.  It was known, he bought it, and now the trade looks shaky at best.

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2018, 02:39:21 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I’ll get back to this at the end of next year, when we are hanging banner 18.

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2018, 02:39:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

lol no it isnt. Isaiah Thomas is currently coming off the bench for a ****ty lakers team. Jae Crowder is shooting 41/33/82 while coming off the bench for the Jazz. The Nets are likely to finish with the 6th best draft odds.

We also don't have Kyrie Irving for very long.  He has one more year on his contract, and now he has a confirmed kneed problem that Ainge even said he will have to deal with his whole career.  Are you going to give that guy a max contract after 2019?  If not, he will likely walk, and then they will have nothing to show for that trade.

I am a huge Danny Ainge supporter but he needs to get dumped on for this situation.  This is not a freak injury.  It was known, he bought it, and now the trade looks shaky at best.
Absolutely. Without blinking.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2018, 02:41:21 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

I’ll get back to this at the end of next year, when we are hanging banner 18.

Why do you think Kyrie will not be hurt next year?

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2018, 02:41:57 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo

Absolutely. Without blinking.

Even if he has a chronic knee injury that may force him to miss playoff games, or at least play poorly?