Author Topic: Kyrie to have Knee Procedure  (Read 10104 times)

Re: Kyrie to have Knee Procedure
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 02:24:46 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
"Minimally invasive"?

Do we have a (real) doctor in the house to explain?

Could mean anything. Could be a joint aspiration, could be an arthroscopy... Anything.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 02:25:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Minimally invasive doesn't necessarily mean fast recovery time, unfortunately. Sure it probably means faster recovery time than an invasive surgery. But we could still be possibly looking at months of recovery, depending on whats being done.

If this procedure was done in the summer and possibly cut into the start of next season, then I am glad its happening now. Better to look at the big picture and plan for a huge 2019 than try to let Kyrie suffer through pain only so we can win a few more playoff games in a year where injuries pretty much destroyed any chance of getting any farther than the ECFs, maybe.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:48:39 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 02:27:08 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Shut him down, play Rozier/Smart in the playoffs to see if they can potentially start. Let Brown and Tatum shoot 20+ times a game, and hopefully win a playoff series. If not, oh well. We'll get Irving and Hayward back healthy in the fall.

While I'm looking forward to the playoffs- I don't care too much. I don't think this team will beat TOR or CLE.

Are you for getting Smart is also out indefinitely after having surgery on his hand?

It looks like Rozier is the starter at PG for the foreseeable future this season. Hopefully Brown will be back at some point soon, but who knows, concussions are nothing to mess around with.

I don't think Smart is out for the playoffs. Same for Brown.

I'm fine with Kyrie having whatever surgery he needs now, and in the event that it takes a long time to recover, he'll be ready to go by 2019. I think IT's playoff run was a good case study for Danny last year.

If you think the Celtics have a chance to win the championship this year, I don't think you shut down Kyrie.

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 02:39:58 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Hopefully he's back for the playoffs. I don't think this team would be missing out on a Finals appearance just because of him if he can't play but I would be interested to see how far they can go.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 03:23:14 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I can't wait to see this team in 2019 when they are hopefully healthy and whole

No doubt. I feel like we got robbed.

This isn’t a trade criticism, but it will be ironic (and ultra-crappy) if IT is playing in April and Kyrie isn’t.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 03:29:51 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Time to tank.  Still rather have kurie

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I doubt Irving would even been in this good of shape had he been still with Cavs .   The pressure there to be on the court is at the highest level with there tax situation , Lebron crying and moaning 24/7 about not having help . 

Bron  puts the pressure on teamates ......so he can live up to his hype and win 10 rings and he does not care who he beats down to get there .

Irving is blessed to out from under his thumb and the restnof the butts that run that joint.

When you play hurt you are taki g more,chances on aquiring another injury ....maybe a worse one.

He is doing the right thing.

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 03:47:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
"Minimally invasive"?

Do we have a (real) doctor in the house to explain?

i keep reading on line it is to remove the screws in his knee .   

OUCH 😬

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 04:43:38 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Boston's on quite a run of injury-hampered seasons, so I'm just gonna presume more of the same until they finally prove me wrong.

Crazy when you think about it... dating back to 2009, when was the last time we had everyone healthy?

KG, Perk, ‘Sheed, Rondo, Green, Bradley, Olynyk, Isaiah, if memory serves me correct, were all either out or walking wounded for some playoffs from 2009-2017....

Would be nice to see what this team looks like healthy. Hopefully next season we can.

Maybe Danny really did sell his soul for that 2008 championship? And his 10-year karma is up this June.

A crazily unfortunate series of events, for sure. We've been saying "wait til next year" for nearly a decade!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 05:03:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Hopefully he's back for the playoffs. I don't think this team would be missing out on a Finals appearance just because of him if he can't play but I would be interested to see how far they can go.

I agree! I am tired of hearing about "wait 'til next year." That's what Red Sox fans kept saying and it took them 86 years to win a World Series.

My best case scenario is Kyrie unfortunately misses the rest of the regular season but is back for the 1st round. Celts eliminate insert team (Philly, Miami, Milwaukee)

Marcus Smart returns for the 2nd round and they eliminate either Washington or Indy.

Gordon Hayward returns for the Eastern Conference finals and we eliminate Cleveland or Toronto

And onto the NBA finals......

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 05:33:14 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I agree! I am tired of hearing about "wait 'til next year." That's what Red Sox fans kept saying and it took them 86 years to win a World Series.

My best case scenario is Kyrie unfortunately misses the rest of the regular season but is back for the 1st round. Celts eliminate insert team (Philly, Miami, Milwaukee)

Marcus Smart returns for the 2nd round and they eliminate either Washington or Indy.

Gordon Hayward returns for the Eastern Conference finals and we eliminate Cleveland or Toronto

And onto the NBA finals......

Sounds like a good plan to me.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 05:41:09 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
This doesn’t bother me in the slightest. This whole season has just been bad luck after bad luck. If he comes back cool, if not I’m ready for a full squad next season. Somethings are just out of your control.

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 06:35:19 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
The curse of IT strikes again!

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 06:42:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The good thing here is that TIME is on our side THIS TIME around..

Ten years ago in 08 we began to feel the draft from the window that was closing. That window closed considerably once KG got hurt in Utah

That draft became nothing as that door closed completely in 2011-12, in the MIA series.

We went out with a blaze of glory. Loved that team.

Now? We have a multi-skilled Big as our "Old Head" and he will age well. He will be only 32 next season and has never really relied on a ton of athleticism.

"IF" Kyrie is done for good this season he will be just touching his prime at 26 years next season.

GH will be 28.

Tatum will 20. Jaylen will be 21 or 22?

Hopefully we get Smart back as well as the Morris and Monroe.

OR -

We get Kyrie back in a couple of weeks, GH makes a triumphant return and we play into June and give GSW fits as we upset them in the Finals.

I waited 21 years for our Banner 17. I can wait a bit longer.

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2018, 08:58:05 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

No doubt. I feel like we got robbed.

This isn’t a trade criticism, but it will be ironic (and ultra-crappy) if IT is playing in April and Kyrie isn’t.

You mean if the Lakers make the playoffs?

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.