Author Topic: No-one is out bidding us for Leonard...but do we want him?  (Read 3389 times)

Re: No-one is out bidding us for Leonard...but do we want him?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »

Offline playdream

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 75
Hayward and Kawhi is basically a wash , one is better team defender and point forward and team player, one better individual lock down defender with selfish mentality, both are injured but one's situiation is clear than another

I don't see why we need to go for him
Assuming they are both healthy, Leonard is a significantly better player than Hayward.  It isn't close.
Not true

Hayward is excellent, but healthy Kawhi is DPOY and MVP level. That's a step up. It's not even clear Hayward was better on offense last year, and no amount of team defense equals the best perimeter defender in the league.
Kawhi wins DPOY and FMVP only because under Pop's spurs system, Hayward is most likely be the same level player if he plays for Pop

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 02:53:42 PM »

Offline playdream

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 75
Hayward and Kawhi is basically a wash , one is better team defender and point forward and team player, one better individual lock down defender with selfish mentality, both are injured but one's situiation is clear than another

Assuming they are both healthy, Leonard is a significantly better player than Hayward.  It isn't close.

Okay, and guess what?

One cost cap space, and the other one will cost cap space+assets+draft picks, and honestly Kawhi seems like he's more than meets the eye...
what does that have to do with anything?

Because playdream is comparing the both. We all know Leonard is a better player, that's clearly obvious... But in terms of what it would cost to bring Leonard over is what I meant.
Apparently playdream doesn't know that.
Because that is not true, Kawhi is one of the most overrated player in the league(still top player though), pumped hugely by Pop's system.

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2018, 03:09:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: 5389

Not true

Hayward is excellent, but healthy Kawhi is DPOY and MVP level. That's a step up. It's not even clear Hayward was better on offense last year, and no amount of team defense equals the best perimeter defender in the league.
Kawhi wins DPOY and FMVP only because under Pop's spurs system, Hayward is most likely be the same level player if he plays for Pop
Ummmmm....no. Kawhi is a better defender by far because he has excellent decensive instincts and off the charts athleticism that Hayward doesn't have. Kawhi is also a more efficient scorer. That makes Kawhi a much better player and it has nothing to do with Pop's system.

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »

Offline iadera

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • CroCeltics
Guys you are forgetting that we have something that all the teams in the league would want to have, in Tatum and Brown, so I just don't see why in the world would we get rid of any of them, no matter which player is on the other side. They are improving so fast that next year, this same team will be like 20%-30% stronger.